“excellent - wish we were still there” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International

Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“excellent - wish we were still there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

we have just retuned from our holiday here and if we did not have photos and video we would think we had dreamed it - yes it was a dream holiday from start to finish. The hotel is immaculate and food choice is good, staff are a credit to the hotel. We had a romantic breakfast on the beach one morning with sparkling wine and it was wonderful, romantic evening meals can also be booked on the beach. we witnessed both a wedding and a renewal of vows whilst here and as a travel agent I would highly recommend for either, they use the frangipani flowers which are beautiful and smell devine. We have travelled widely throughout the Carribean, Africa and Malaysia and I am already wanting to return, not only is the hotel fabulous but the culture is fasinating too with plenty to do around the hotel and the coral for anyone interested in diving is the most unspoilt we have ever seen - soo if you are thinking of booking a holiday here BOOK IT!

Room Tip: We had 8193 which was lovely
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelmadNorthampton
melbenbali, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Dear TravelmadNorthampton,

Warmest greetings from Melia Benoa. It is great reading your positive review about your stay here in our property. I am happy that you have enjoyed every part of your stay and that you took the opportunity to make it even more special, by booking the romantic breakfast. As yourself we hope you will return in the future and we are looking forward to welcome you again here in Melia Benoa!

Thank you very much again for the review.

General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
walsall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

Now that the 'Fog', that is Jet Lag is finally lifting - i am able to once again give grateful thanks to all at The Melia Benoa for again another first class stay at your wonderful resort!!!!

We returned on Sunday from our 3rd stay at the Melia and i am already 'homesick'.......

From the moment we stepped foot in the hotel lobby until we left we had the most amazing 'Holiday Experience'

The welcome we recieved from the reception staff, who recognised us from previous stays, left me in tears. Our room was ready and check in was swift and trouble free.

Whilst we were staying at the Melia, we renewed our Wedding Vows and the treatment and attention to detail surpassed any of our expectations. Margaretha the new 'Wedding Planner' is a credit to the hotel and organised everything with the minimum amount of fuss. She was open to my suggestions of things i wanted to change and my requests were followed through without question. On the day in question i was on the beach until 3pm ( service was at 4.30pm ) from my sunbed i was able to watch the preparations for the Beach Service unfolding and the guys worked tirelessley from around 9am. I then went to get my hair and make up done, back to room and in my dress for 4.20pm. Totally chilled and with non of the stress normally involved with planning an event like this!!!! The whole experience was awsome and we were treated like VIP's and for a very reasonable charge i have to add.

I have read with horror some of the negative things that have been put on here and can only think that some peoples expectations must be way over the top when choosing to stay at the Melia. This may not be one of the fanciest hotels along the 'strip' but if you are looking for comfort, relaxation, friendliness, willingness, massive smiles and excellent service then Melia has to be a must!!!! In addition i object to Trip advisor being used as a platform to moan and groan - because if you would only discuss your issues with the hotel management you would see that things are swiftly and effectivley resolved with the minimum amount of fuss.

Comments about the beach confuse me, yes the tide is a little erratic, however when the tide is out, it is a fabulous opportunity to put on your sea shoes and go and walk out as far as the edge of the reef marvelling at all the sea life there is to be seen and if like me who doesnt like getting my face wet so snorkelling is out, this is a perfect pastime!
The watersports have made swimming very far out a no no, however this is not the fault of the hotel and neither is the amount of sea weed that is washed up, this is nature i'm affraid and the beach is constantly being cleaned by a hotel employee. In addition the small amount of litter that gets washed up is again, no fault of the hotels either, i'm affraid this is down to the carelessness and lack of respect of us humans!!!!

I would love to pick certain members of staff out for recognition but feel it would be unfair because of the amount of wonderful people who work behind the scenes too in order for us to have our wonderful stays.

I could go on and on but would imagine that most have given up on my epistle now so i will just end with again a massive thankyou to all the Staff at the Melia Benoa. Mr Sanchez, you should be very proud of your staff and your lovely hotel.

We will be back in a couple of years to somewhere i now feel are like family to me and i cant wait.

Room Tip: Ask for the Non smoking rooms to the left of the pool, ( as you look from the lobby ) they ALL overl...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank WalsallGlobetrotters
Dear WalsallGlobetrotters,

Greetings from Melia Benoa! It was so nice to have you, staying with us again. Thank you very much, for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Melia Benoa on Tripadvisor. I am very happy that we were able to deliver you and your friends the best experience possible and that you will return once again to our property in the future.

The renewal of the vows was also for us beautiful to watch, you both looked amazing. I am glad you enjoyed every part of it. Your special thanks have been passed on to Margaretha.

At last I would like to thank you for all the information you provide in your review about our property. It is great that Melia Benoa feels like a second home for you and we definitely consider you as part of our family.

Once again thank you for the review and we are looking forward to welcome you again in paradise!

united kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

just returned from our 3rd visit to melia benoa and yet again such a fabulous time.
the management should be proud of their staff, always smiling and going that extra mile to please.
we renewed our vows on this visit and special thanks go to margaretha for all she did. Too many names to mention as all the staff are exceptional.
We will be returning again and recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Bali.

Room Tip: upgrade to the gold a/i with a executive suite..........................
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank nevil58
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I have a tear in my eye writing this review, as i loved this holiday so much. Bali is a poor poor place, but this hotel is top class and clean. There are loads of staff who are all very helpful and nice and they maintain the hotel beautifully.

The hotel is litterally on the beach. You walk past the pool and you are there. The beach is cleaned every morning.

The food is incredible, you have great choice for an all inclusive with 3 restaurants to choose from, 2 À la carte, and the buffet which is moved around every night. We rotated where we ate every night. We met friends out there who have extremely high standards and they loved it.

If you get a chance, try to hire a driver for the day and see the sights. We went out two whole days on excursions. It was very very cheap out there. I would not recoomend going far away on your own as it is a very poor place.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
melbenbali, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 24 September 2011
Dear ThomasHertfordshire,

Greetings from sunny Bali. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is great to read your positive review about Melia Benoa and it makes the staff and myself very proud. It is our job to give our guests the best experience possible and seems that we have achieved this with you during your stay.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 11 nights after spending 3 nights in Singapore from 29th Aug to 9th Sept.2011
On arrival you are given a refreshing drink cold flanel and a garland of flowers booking in was quick and efficient
We had the Silver Package which meant as well as all inclusive food and drink we had 4 items of clothing each laundered daily you put in the laundry bag on the bed and it was collected when your room was cleaned and returned about 19.30 every night. This package also included free wi fi in the room and in the Ayodya Lounge Bar there was also a internet room and free wi fi
In the fridge in the room was beer, juices and soft drinks, also two bars of cadbury chocolate and 2 packets of crisps which was replaced daily In the bathroom was complimentary toileteries.
Breakfast was good each morning the ladies were given a flower this was in the El Patio Resturant which was 24 hours breakfast was a buffet and lunch and dinner was A la carte
The Menega Resturant was open daily for buffet lunch
The Amarta Fine Dinning Resturant was amazing with excellent service
Each night there was a theme night which was either on the lawn on on the beach, this was a buffet with entertainment.
There was never a problem getting a sunbed either at the pool or on the beach, lots of sun umbrellas on the beach The beach was cleaned several times a day as was the grounds
The staff were friendly and polite
The Ayodya Lounge Bar was a pleasent place to have a drink in the evening with great service
There was afternoon tea in the gardens every day if you wanted
If you walk along the beach past lots of hotel right to the end, probably about 30/40 min walk you come to the Bali Collection which is a small shopping centre with resturants there is also a free bus if needed
Overall our stay in the hotel was lovely with the most perfect weather.
Just a couple of points I would make on our first night we arrived about 21.30 and I would have liked something to eat we did go to the El Patio Resturant which says it is 24 hours and it was deserted no staff and nobody eating,, so we assumed it was closed and the other point I would make is that the Pool Bar does not serve alcholic drinks after 15 00 I think you could have got one from the Ayodya Lounge Bar which is near the reception area but it was quite a walk and you would not go there in your swiming costume, I can't understand why they have this rule as I never saw anyone drunk during our entire stay and it would have been nice to sit on the beach late aftrernoon with a drink which after all is a treat when on holiday. I have been to All inclusive in Jamacia, Dominican Republic, Kenya, Rhodes, Kos Malta and have never come across this rule before but apart from this it was a lovely holiday.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pollyannapooledorset
Dear Pollyannapooledorset,

Thank you for putting your comments on Tripadvisor. I am very happy that you had a great stay with us. I also want to thank you for your explanations of the different facilities we are offering.

Regarding your comment about your arrival, you are correct that our El Patio restaurant is open for 24 hours. I find it strange that no staff was present in the restaurant when you wanted to go there for dinner at 21:30pm. I informed our F&B director regarding this matter, to prevent a situation like this to happen in the future. Staff should be present there 24/7 to welcome and serving our guests.

Regarding your other comment mentioning the serving hours of alcohol in our pool bar. We have one bar (lobbybar) that serves drink all day long from 9am until 1am. The other outlets (including the pool bar) only serves the alcoholic drinks for our all inclusive guests during lunch and dinner time (12pm until 3pm and 7pm until 10pm). However I would like to point out that it is possible to get an alcoholic drink in the other outlets outside of the all inclusive serving times, but then we will charge the costs for this drink to your personal account. My apologize that this policy was inconvenient for you during your stay with us.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We hope to welcome you again at Melia Benoa.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and had All-inclusive blue package. The hotel itself was very nice, the staff did excellent service, swimming pool was nice and a lot sun lounges, theme dinners were good with plenty of choices. The good thing about All-inclusive package on this hotel is, you don't always have to eat buffet lunch or dinner because you can have choice of a-la cart on the 24 hour restaurant. The room is specious as well as the bathroom. The minus is that the kids club does not have staff that supervise the children, so you have to stay there with your kids under 5 y.o. or hire a nanny. The location is handy, there is a convenient store in front of the hotel and massage service that is really cheap but very good. There is also scheduled shuttle service to Bali Collection Nusa Dua. All in all we had a nice stay and will be back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
melbenbali, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Dear Neng294228,

Greetings from Melia Benoa. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.
I am happy to read that you had a wonderful time with us and that you and your family enjoyed the all inclusive blue package.
Regarding your comment about our Kids club, you are correct that our entertainment staff does not supervise children under the age of 5 as per our hotel policy regarding this subject. Therefore we offer the possibility to hire a professional nanny, to guarantee the wellbeing of the child. We are all looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

I visited "Melia Benoa" in July. The hotel is magnificent! I lived in deluxe room with garden view. The room was very comfortable. I was amazed by garden's design: mix of tropical plants and flowers, sculptures and fountains. This hotel has clean sandy beach with umbrellas in national style (covered palm's leafs) and swimming pool (water was clean). Nearby restaurants provide Balinese food. In 20 minutes from "Melia Benoa" is located Bali Collection Centre. There are a lot of restaurants with different food: European, Japanes, Thai, Balinese and so on. Free bus run between Bali Collection and the hotel. I would like to ask couple words regarding hotel staff. They all are very polite and friendly.
But... I had troubles with sea. There was pronounced ebb: once the sea has gone out and has not returned. It was a sorry sight.
However, despite this my holiday was splendid. I like Bali Island. This is unique world of beauty and luxury.

Room Tip: There are deluxe, family and honeymoon rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Chanal_Al-lthara,

Thank you for writing a review about our property. It’s great to read that you had an excellent stay with us and that you’ve enjoyed both hotel facilities and the outside activities. Regarding your comment about the sea, perhaps for a future visit, you could take advantage of the low tide by taking a nice walk all the way to the reef, as many guests enjoy that.

Thanks again for your contribution and we hope to welcome you again in Melia Benoa.

General manger
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 55 in Jimbaran
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,342 reviews

Been to Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International? Share your experiences!