We booked this hotel at the last minute whilst already staying in Sanur. We had read the Tripadvisor reviews and also popped in the hotel whilst in the area. My may concern was how can we get value for money from an AI resort in Bali when everything is already so cheap.
We thought we would give it a go for the last 3 nights (tonight being the last, yep still here for one last night). If it went well we would book for longer next time.
I found booking direct through their web page was the cheapes as they had a 'best rate' price which none of the hotel booking sites could beat.
I had American dollars which I could pay in so the earlier poster who said they were charged more in local currency obviously didn't have cash. I was a little short and had to pay a bit in local currency, the difference between what I could get from the currency converter booths and the hotel rate was less than 200 rupiah a US dollar. Cash I think is best as the rates from my credit card company are appalling. Also exchange rates in Bali are so much better than at home.
We are fairly seasoned Bali travellers but this is the first time anywhere near Nusa Dua and we were concerned the Bali feel would be lost.
We are also fussy with food and do not like Buffett food, much preferring al a carte.
We had nothing to worry on any account.
The food from both the Patio restaurant for an al a cate lunch and then from the very nice Amarta restaurant was of a high quality and of what I concider to be appropriate restaurant size. My wife is not a rice eater and it was great that the Amarta also did side dishes. Whilst we were staying all inclusive the pricing for the B&B guest was good with mains ranging from under $5 to about $8 which was cheaper than many restaurants we have seen in Sanur even.
The local wine was Hatton cask wine and ok it's not Penfold quality it is very drinkable, as are the local Bali moon liqueurs and spirits. My only complaint would be that there were no cream liqueurs ( Baileys is a favorite of mine), an addition of a local version would be well received.
The staff were all pleasant, welcoming, happy to assist and went out of their way to make the stay fantastic. The hotel does a 'bagus' feedback comment sheet to acknowledge good staff. In al honesty it would be hard to highlight any particular staff as they were all so friendly and helpful.
We had emailed the hotel with room requests before staying and these requests wer responded to quickly by email and were able to be provided on checkin. The premium rooms are fantastic. We had a shower only so I guess it was a renovated room and was beautiful. The size is very good for what is the base level of bedroom. My only complaint with the room is the air conditioner which only had 2 speeds for the fan and no night time quite mode. Is was still fairly quite but I need almost silence.
The wifi in the lobby was ok but in today's age it would be good to have this provided in other areas free of charge.
We stayed blue class and that was fine.
I am already looking at booking for next year (April) and have no trouble recommending this hotel.
I would think it suits couples best as is fairly quite and may not have all the bells and whistles that children want - and for me this is great. There were children here during our stay and the hotel provided a children friendly service but it's not a lively non stop hotel resort.
The beach is nice enough, yes the tide does go out a fair way but not the hotels fault. It is very lively all morning on the beach with lots of activities and makes a much more peaceful walk way of an afternoon / evening.
The hotel is not 5 star but I think a good 4 star fit out with 5 star room size and all round service.
Hope this is helpful to some in deciding to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL INCLUSIVE Premium All Inclusive Blue The All inclusive Blue package includes accommodation in Premium Room, all meals plan with buffet or a la carte choice, snacks, unlimited alcoholic local beverages, soft drinks, daily activities, unlimited non-motorized sports, nightly entertainment and more.We recommend you this package if you want to enjoy holidays worry-free, and search for an experience with great value and convenience in the Balinese paradise.Premium All Inclusive SilverThe All inclusive Silver package includes accommodation in Premium Room with view over the lush Tropical Garden or Pool, all meals plan with buffet or a la carte choice, snacks, unlimited alcoholic local beverages, soft drinks, daily activities, unlimited non-motorized sports, nightly entertainment, Free WiFi in the room, 1 time daily minibar refill, laundry with restrictions, discount on imported alcoholic beverages and more.Choose this package if you want to add some more value to your holidays at small extra cost. Enjoy the spectacular views from your balcony and the recently renovated new rooms with all the luxury, comfort and Melia amenities.Executive Jr. Suite All Inclusive Gold The All inclusive Gold package includes accommodation in Executive Suite, all meals plan with buffet and wider a la carte choice, snacks, unlimited alcoholic local beverages, soft drinks, daily activities, unlimited non-motorized sports, nightly entertainment, Free WiFi in the room, minibar, Room service, laundry with restrictions, 1 hour Spa massage for 2 adults, discount on imported alcoholic beverages and more.Experience a higher level of service in our Executive Suite with the ultimate luxurious accommodation, designed for couples, honeymooners or guests looking for a Romantic getaway, who appreciate the importance of attention to details combined with the highest personalized service and VIP treatment. If you want to be pampered this is your best option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Benoa Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Melia Hotel Benoa
- Melia Hotel Tanjungbenoa
- Melia Benoa Bali
- Sol Beach House Bali Benoa By Melia Hotels International Tanjung Benoa