“Excellent short stay at this fantastic resort”

Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We booked this hotel at the last minute whilst already staying in Sanur. We had read the Tripadvisor reviews and also popped in the hotel whilst in the area. My may concern was how can we get value for money from an AI resort in Bali when everything is already so cheap.

We thought we would give it a go for the last 3 nights (tonight being the last, yep still here for one last night). If it went well we would book for longer next time.

I found booking direct through their web page was the cheapes as they had a 'best rate' price which none of the hotel booking sites could beat.

I had American dollars which I could pay in so the earlier poster who said they were charged more in local currency obviously didn't have cash. I was a little short and had to pay a bit in local currency, the difference between what I could get from the currency converter booths and the hotel rate was less than 200 rupiah a US dollar. Cash I think is best as the rates from my credit card company are appalling. Also exchange rates in Bali are so much better than at home.

We are fairly seasoned Bali travellers but this is the first time anywhere near Nusa Dua and we were concerned the Bali feel would be lost.

We are also fussy with food and do not like Buffett food, much preferring al a carte.

We had nothing to worry on any account.

The food from both the Patio restaurant for an al a cate lunch and then from the very nice Amarta restaurant was of a high quality and of what I concider to be appropriate restaurant size. My wife is not a rice eater and it was great that the Amarta also did side dishes. Whilst we were staying all inclusive the pricing for the B&B guest was good with mains ranging from under $5 to about $8 which was cheaper than many restaurants we have seen in Sanur even.

The local wine was Hatton cask wine and ok it's not Penfold quality it is very drinkable, as are the local Bali moon liqueurs and spirits. My only complaint would be that there were no cream liqueurs ( Baileys is a favorite of mine), an addition of a local version would be well received.

The staff were all pleasant, welcoming, happy to assist and went out of their way to make the stay fantastic. The hotel does a 'bagus' feedback comment sheet to acknowledge good staff. In al honesty it would be hard to highlight any particular staff as they were all so friendly and helpful.

We had emailed the hotel with room requests before staying and these requests wer responded to quickly by email and were able to be provided on checkin. The premium rooms are fantastic. We had a shower only so I guess it was a renovated room and was beautiful. The size is very good for what is the base level of bedroom. My only complaint with the room is the air conditioner which only had 2 speeds for the fan and no night time quite mode. Is was still fairly quite but I need almost silence.

The wifi in the lobby was ok but in today's age it would be good to have this provided in other areas free of charge.

We stayed blue class and that was fine.

I am already looking at booking for next year (April) and have no trouble recommending this hotel.

I would think it suits couples best as is fairly quite and may not have all the bells and whistles that children want - and for me this is great. There were children here during our stay and the hotel provided a children friendly service but it's not a lively non stop hotel resort.

The beach is nice enough, yes the tide does go out a fair way but not the hotels fault. It is very lively all morning on the beach with lots of activities and makes a much more peaceful walk way of an afternoon / evening.

The hotel is not 5 star but I think a good 4 star fit out with 5 star room size and all round service.

Hope this is helpful to some in deciding to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank peter M
melbenbali, General Manager at Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear Peter M,

Thank you very much for you extensive review on our Tripadvisor page. We appreciate it very much if guests give very detailed information about our property. As you are mentioning yourself this can be very helpful for customers in deciding to stay with us.

It is great to read that you have enjoyed the blue all inclusive package and the restaurants plus the facilities that we have to offer.

Thanks again for the review. We are looking forward to welcome you again in April 2012!

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I was on gold all inclusive and it was really great. The room at the melia was very spacious and always clean. The staff was really friendly and did everything to make your stay comfortable and a remorable one. The food was delicous and you always found something to eat! I would definitely come again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
melbenbali, General Manager at Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Dear Pepi28,

Warmest greetings from Melia Benoa. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Tripadvisor page. I am happy to read that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed all benefits from the all inclusive gold package.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2011

the hotel is very nice and the service is in top, the rooms are nice and standard 4-5 stars.
we had a vry good experince staying there for 10 days with the smiley kind staff and very good food

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
melbenbali, General Manager at Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2011

Dear ITJylland,

Thank you for posting these kind words on Tripadvisor. Happy to read that you had a very good experience with us. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary there for 6 nights, we booked all inclusive and couln't believe the quality of the food, it was amazing. We thought they would be mean with the drinks, but you could have anything that was on the drinks list anytime. We booked the beach dinner which was amazing, being served on the beach was like being in a movie. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for pool view rooms, as others face the side of the hotel (street)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Ozay02,

Greetings from Melia Benoa. First of all I would like to congratulate you on your 25th wedding anniversary. I am happy to read that you had a memorable celebration at our property. Great that you booked the romantic dinner on the beach to make it even more special. As yourself we hope to welcome you back soon.

Thank you for your kind words on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

We've just come back and I CANNOT wait to book our room for next year! It was our second stay at the Melia Benoa. Last year we only spent a couple of nights there before moving on to Legian where we had booked a hotel with breakfast only. We have two young kids and I found it rather stressful having to organise lunch and dinner every day. Eating & drinking at the hotel was just too expensive. Often we ended up eating dinner late afternoon just to suit the kids. It just wasn't my idea of a relaxed holiday so this year we decided to stay at the Melia Benoa the entire time. And we absolutely loved it!!!

We went all inclusive gold and as a little extra we upgraded to the grand family suite. Just to have a bit more space and so that the kids would have their own room. It was more than worthwhile as the suite was unbelievable and having ground access to the pool was priceless. Staying in such luxury made us feel like being celebrities. :-)

The hotel staff were so friendly, always smiling and taking an interest in our kids. It made our stay there really special. Nothing we asked for was too much effort. Our kids got strawberries from the staff at the pool bar almost every day. That was something the staff didn't have to do but they did it nonetheless. And it's the little things, the little extras that make the difference between good and outstanding service. The kind of service we experienced at the Melia Benoa.

The hotel grounds are just beautiful and they are kept in such good shape. I loved the little pond and at breakfast we were watching different exotic birds trying to catch the little fishes in there. The garden creates such a calming and relaxing atmosphere it's just wonderful.

The food was top and all was fresh. Every lunch and evening we ate from the buffet. We could have gone a la carte as well but were completely happy with the choice and quality of food from the buffets. As we stayed there a week we got to experience all the different themes for the dinner buffet and once again it was amazing how nicely it was all set up and organised. The shows were great, entertaining and highly enjoyable.

The pool and beach were great; all of us spent hours in the water. We went out towards the reef at low tide and saw amazing things: starfish, sea snails, corals ... The beach gets cleaned of the washed up rubbish every morning. It's not the white sand but still very fine. When it got too hot for me on the beach I just retreated to one of the lounges around the pool. It's such a great concept that they have the lounges around the pool in the shade as this makes it a perfect place to escape the heat of the sun.

All in all we had the perfect holiday at the Melia Benoa and I am already organising our trip there for next year. I can highly recommend staying there. Most of the guests go for the all inclusive blue package and to whomever I spoke to everyone said that they thought that it was enough. If you are after that little bit of extra service such as mini bar refills, laundry and room service then look into the silver and gold packages.

At last, a big thank you to all the staff at the Melia Benoa for having made our stay there such a wonderful time!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NoahsArc05

Dear NoahsArc05,

Warmest greetings from Melia Benoa. Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor. It is wonderful to read your extensive review. It is our job here at Melia Benoa to deliver an outstanding service and give our guests the most amazing holiday experience. Looks like we achieved that with you and your family.

Thank you again for giving such a detailed description of your experience and of our property itself. It can help others a lot in making a holiday decision. We are looking forward to welcome you and your family again in our property next year!

Reviewed 16 October 2011

all my friends recommended me to stay at melia benoa and all the reviews I read about it are good so I will stay at the hotel in the 2nd of November this year2011 so I just wanted to know if everything is ok there after the earthquake also the places near the hotel.. That's all. and thanks to every one in advance.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank teach007
melbenbali, General Manager at Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Dear Teach007,

Greetings from Melia Benoa! We are looking forward to welcome you on the 2nd of November in our property.

To answer your question Melia Benoa is a 100% fine after the earthquake from previous week the 13th of October. No guests were injured in any way and also the hotel building and facilities have suffered no damage, neither have the hotel surroundings, or in fact the whole island has no extreme damage. In case you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact me personally at gm@meliabenoa.com.

See you in November!

Reviewed 16 October 2011

My husband and I travelled with anoter couple and stayed at the amazing melia benoa for 5 nights.we opted for the best rooms we could get which were reasonable in price and amazing in size.we didnt pre puchase all inclusive as we were suspicious that it couldnt be as good as advertised.we trialled it for 1 day with the blue package and it really was fabulous and we opted for all inclusive for the remainder.the staff were only too helpful.the pool was amazing....love the poolside bar!can't wait to head back to Bali and definately stay at melia benoa!

• Stayed: July 2011

Larneyb14,

Warmest greetings from Melia Benoa. Thank you for staying with us and for posting your comments in a review here on Tripadvisor. We are all happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the opportunity to make your stay even more special by upgrading to the all inclusive blue package.

We are looking forward to welcome both you and your friends again in our property soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
Melia Bali
#15 of 54 in Nusa Dua
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali
Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali

Been to Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International? Share your experiences!