Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Bali
“superb!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I love everything about this hotel. I stayed in a Premium Room which is very spacious, clean, tidy, and giving me the best sleep (after a long time of insomnia). The food is the best. Because it is an all inclusive hotel, so we have buffet for every meal. And they are very tasty! I highly reccomend the grilled beef.
value for money is the best.
the staffs were welcoming and they treated us like family.
i will, definitely, come back. u

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bedry Q
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Ms. Bedry Q,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Many thanks for sharing your experience with everybody in Trip Advisor and it is wonderful that you chose Sol Beach House Benoa Bali and enjoyed your stay at our resort. We have tried to offer a great choice for our food and beverage and still working in its improvement, very happy to know that this is being acknowledged!

We eagerly await your visit to Sol Beach House Benoa Bali once again!

Very Best Regards from the Island of Gods,

Sol Beach House Benoa- Melia Hotels International

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Our entire stayed there was EXCELLENT especially on the staff service..Very friendly, helpfull and always smile..The environment and surrounding was also clean and beautifull. The All inclusive package was very convenient for us as it wss very hot so we can order a lot of drinks. Only that the food variety/option in the menu was not so interesting and very limited choice to order.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AishahNorzaman
Dear Ms/Mrs. Aishah Norzaman,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

On behalf of the entire team at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for reviewing both your visits and sharing your feedback with others on Trip Advisor.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the friendly service delivered by our staff, and I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of some of our guest experiences at the resort.

I would also like to thank you of your valuable feedback in regards to adding more dishes to our menu, which is already under construction and will be addressed as soon as we have the new recipes.

Finally, I will transmit your comments to all the team, and we will take your comments and advice as a part of our effort to continue improving our service in the future. We all look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely resort!!

Kindest Regards from Bali!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel in Jan 2014. It's an older hotel but felt very Balinese with a pleasant open reception/lounge area where at night two girls performed traditional Balinese dancing accompanied by two men playing what looked like a traditional-style xylophone.

It has some lovely gardens, a pool (not the largest) with a swim-to bar as well as beach loungebeds

Our room was what they called a suite, open plan but with a separate lounge area it also had a separate powder room which was very useful.

The bed and pillows were really comfy so we slept very well. The bed was on a raised area of the room with a step down to the living area and the bathroom, which might be a hazard for those who get up in the night.

Only slight gripe was that they put the facilities for making tea/coffee etc on the top of a cupboard/chest of drawers but there was no suitable power outlet there so we ended up putting the kettle on the floor to boil it.

The hotel probably could use a minor face-lift. The sink in our powder room was cracked as was one of the taps in the bathroom but otherwise it seemed clean.

The staff were delightfully friendly and helpful. We didn't go for the all inclusive package as we like to eat in local restaurants (plenty to choose from in the area). But I was disappointed that the pool area didn't have waiter service. If you wanted a drink or snack you had to get it yourself from one of the restaurants or bars.

All in all I enjoyed our stay and would consider going back.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DebzPerth
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Mr/s. DebzPerth

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali with others on Trip Advisor. It is really nice to read that you enjoyed arrival experience, the well appointed suite, location, facilities of the hotel and the views of our lovely beach. It is without a doubt that I can say that the team is the most valuable asset that Sol Beach House Benoa possesses.

I sincerely appreciate your constructive feedback with regards to your experience with your room and please be assured that we will make a big effort to address these points in the months to come. Your comments are important for us as we continue increasing the level of service and facilities we extend to our guest.

Certainly I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another Sol Beach House tip top service experience.

Warmest regards from the Island of the Gods!

PERTH, SCOTLAND
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We have just returned from a two week holiday at this very casual and relaxed hotel and on the whole it was an enjoyable holiday. I have given this a 3 rating as I felt it did not justify a Very Good - more a 3 1/2 for Good.

It is situated at the north (and quieter) end of Nusa Dua (Tanjung Benoa) off a busy road but I never found the noise from the road to be intrusive. The hotel is shaped like a U with the rooms at the end of each wing mainly facing in to the garden/pool area. The gardens are very well maintained. The view from the Patio ‘patio’ is of a very large well-stocked fishpond (if you feed the fish they come to the surface to eat under the watchful eyes of a few tame and ever-hopeful heron-type birds) and beyond that the garden. The gardeners work tirelessly to keep this whole area pristine and do a tremendous job.

The hotel is looking tired and no amount of maintenance can deflect from the need of a general overhaul which might be in the pipeline as there is talk of a brand overhaul in the near future. I don’t necessarily need everything at a holiday hotel to be in pristine condition and small things won’t annoy me. Others have mentioned A/C problems in their rooms which we did not find although the A/C in the ‘closed’ section of the Patio restaurant struggled and there were constant drips from the units. The very nature of this restaurant meant that the door from this section to the verandah area was permanently open through the day so A/C would always struggle in these circumstances.

The pool is large and has ample sunbeds (though we were there during a quieter time). We did not lie here as there were no parasols at all and while you did get shade depending on where the sun was during the day it is not my idea of fun to play musical sunbeds. The beach on the other hand is only a couple of minutes walk from the pool and has plenty of loungers with shade. All the mattresses on the sunbeds are in need of replacement but they were OK.
We went with a tour operator and chose the Gold Package. The 4 pieces per person per day laundry you get on Gold and Silver is great – I was slightly wary as to quality and timings but it left you in the morning and was back by around 7pm and it was fine. I could have halved the amount of my clothes I took. nother reason we took the Gold was to allow us more variety for food as I can be a fussy eater (more on the food later). If you are considering AI I would say that the Gold is not necessary if you are happy with normal buffet food as this is included in Blue and Silver. The laundry is included in the Silver. This is also the first AI hotel where I have had to wear a wristband (colour coded to reflect what AI package you are on). Not the best fashion accessory but I suppose helps the staff know immediately what you are entitled to and there were a few guests not on AI.

Room
The Gold suite was huge and on 3 levels. You step up from the door area to the living area and then down to the door to the balcony. You step up from the living area to the sleeping area but down again to the bathroom. I was convinced I would trip at least once during the holiday - I was right and I went flying – you do need your wits about you at all times.
Our bath/shower was the strangest I have ever had the misfortune to experience and as it is difficult to describe I have several photographs of it. It felt as if they just had the space and didn’t quite know what to do with it! It was basically a tiled, enclosed area of indeterminate shape with the showerhead over the bath (though it did not seem to fit the cradle and invariably hit the deck showering everything with water until you rescued it). This was no walk-in shower – more a hop, skip and jump in one. The ‘wall’ at the front was about 18 inches high (over my knee) and 12 inches deep and the elevated base of the bath meant a depth of about 14-15 inches. (Each tile in the pictures are 12x12) Getting in was bad enough but getting out when you are wet and stepping DOWN into the bathroom itself was tricky and you had to pray that the small side handrail would hold otherwise you were a goner. You couldn’t even get in and out by sitting on the ledge and swinging your legs in and out as the width was about 2 ½ foot and you would need to have been a contortionist with the ability to tuck your knees behind your ears to do this. We assumed that this might be the style of bath/shower for the entire hotel and thought we would have to just live with it and be very very careful but about a week into our holiday we found pictures of proper baths and walk-in showers on Tripadvisor. So beware of room 8195 if you are anything other than young and fit.

Breakfast was in the Patio restaurant and had plenty to cater for all tastes. The sausages, bacon etc in their covered buffet was always lukewarm and this was the theme for any of the buffets we encountered. Luckily there was an egg corner and the freshly-made omelettes were nice.

Lunch was either in the Patio restaurant where there was an extensive menu or buffet in the restaurant near the pool. We tried the buffet just the once but as it was lukewarm we did not return.

Dinner was either buffet near the pool depending on the weather or the extensive menu in the Patio restaurant. We ate once in the Patio but on that evening it was a buffet (not sure if this was because weather prevented the buffet being out in the garden) but because again we found the food lukewarm we did not return.

So based on this we ate 10 nights in the Amarta restaurant which is an Italian restaurant. Would we have preferred to have eaten more of the local cuisine in the buffet? Most certainly – however I had no intention of eating lukewarm food. Others had no problem and the buffet was most nights well attended and if you want to see any of the evening entertainment this is at the buffet area in the garden. But I wanted to be able to eat my food and therefore the Amarta was perfect for us. The food was excellent and the staff lovely. It was rarely busy. The only time we found the staff struggled slightly to cope was when parties of 6 and more turned up without bookings. They were never turned away as there were tables for them but if they had booked more staff would have been rostered for the Amarta that night.

There is an extensive programme of evening entertainment but since it happened during the dinner buffet we only saw a couple and it seemed fine. During the day there is the usual aqua gym, volleyball, bicycle rides and demonstrations which change daily – cooking, massage, etc. My comment here is that normally hotels would have a list of daily activities left in your room (or on the hotel channel on the TV) but here it was just on blackboards in two places so it took us several days to find out where these were. Communication could be improved.

There is a nice promenade walkway along the beach to a shopping market Bali Collection which took about 30 minutes each way and the more upmarket hotels you walked past were busier, sunbeds more crowded and more persistent beach hawkers. You could rent the hotel bicycles to do this journey but we weren’t sure about security of the bikes if you left them to go into the shops. There is a courtesy shuttle bus from the Bali Collection round the hotels but you need to get the information re timings from reception as no information about this in your room.

Lukewarm food and a strange shower aside, based on the experience we had at the time of the year we went, I would return to this hotel (to a different room) and would recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet and relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Not room 8195 unless you are young and fit
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ola8
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Mr/s. Ola8,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

On behalf of the entire team at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for reviewing both your visits and sharing your feedback with others on Tripadvisor. I greatly appreciate your review of the hotel and for noting both the parts of your stay that you enjoyed and the parts of your stay that we can improve on. It is always great to receive such feedback especially from a well-travelled person such as yourself.

However we regret to hear your feedback about the cuisine in our restaurant and the room for which I would like to apologize. Nevertheless, we will evaluate this constructive feedback for our further improvements. I do hope this situation will not mar your whole impression regarding the resort and please do give us another chance as I really look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmest regards from the island of Gods,

uk
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from this hotel. We opted for the gold package and on arrival we had a flower garland and fruit cocktail. Our room 8162 was in a prime location overlooking the pool and had a bath, shower and 2 toilets.
Dinner was either on the beach or in the garden and the entertainment was varied and very good. Other eating options were El-Patio where there was a varied choice, but we particularly enjoyed the Italian restaurant where the food was excellent, with extra choices for gold clients, including rack of lamb and succulent steak; you also have extra wine choices on the gold package.
The staff were always friendly and helpful and I would like to say a big thank you especially to Medrin in the pool bar, who knew my name by the first day and always went out of his way to have a conversation. Staff were up early maintaining the gardens and cleaning the pool area and the hotel was spotless!
You can borrow a bike from the hotel gardens, which is free if you are on a package and if you follow the path right it will take you along the path to the Bali collection, about a 10 minute cycle, which is a gated area of shops and restaurants.
We had 4 days sightseeing with Wayan Wena, who you can locate on the beach, just ask at water sports kiosk. For 60 dollars he will take you anywhere you want to go. His English is excellent and he is very friendly and informative. On our 1st day out we went to a cultural dance show(barong), visited the silver making, wood carving, Kintamani volcano and had a nice Chinese buffet lunch and lastly visited the monkey forest, with a temple or two thrown in!
In summary we met some lovely people also staying at our hotel, the staff went out if their way to make our holiday special and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a relaxing holiday.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank dave65Uk
Dear Mr/s. dave65Uk,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and we are so happy that you had such a memorable stay with us at Sol Beach House Benoa. We pride ourselves on being the ideal getaway for either couples or family & friends looking to holiday in one place and can provide the best of both worlds to ensure that your Sol Beach House Experience is maximized.

In this special occasion, I’m pleased to inform you that we are a 5 stars hotel under Melia Hotels International and we sincerely work hard on our arrival aspect trying to maximize with first impression to be seamless also with nicely selected amenities in the room. Our prime focus has always been our breakfast where our culinary and F&B team combines to do most personalized service with local flavor. I will definitely appreciate and highlight the outstanding customer service done by Wayan Wena and for your special note to Medrin at the pool bar.

Nothing is more satisfying to know that our team has taken care of you very well and leave you with such a wonderful impression. We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Sol Beach House Benoa Resort and we do hope that your great vacation will lead you back to us on your next visit to the Island.

Very kind regards from Bali,

Moscow
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Hotel looks old, but nevertheless everything works, good entertainment programs, very friendly staff. Food is not bad. Beach is rather small but very clean and space is quite enough. Good location on the seacost. Really good memories.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank AndreiAndreevRU
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Mr/s. AndreiAndreevRU,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and it is delighted to hear that you had a nice “Sol Beach House” experience on your recent visit as well as for choosing our resort as a place to accommodate your holiday.

I am pleased to read that our team have taken good care of you and provided a friendly and warm service. In this special occasion, I’m glad to inform you that we are going to have some refurbishments in the near future since we just had a rebranding and along with the new concept we will create another great experience for our valuable guests.

We hope you will return to stay with us again and give us another opportunity to serve you during your stay in the island.

Warmest regards from Bali,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

It was a very old hotel, with a little maintanance effort by the management. The sheet and the bath towel ware yellowish. But all the staffs were nice, and the beach was clean. Good hotel for old and retiring couples.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Mr/s. SiBrian,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at Sol Beach House Benoa. It is truly rewarding to hear that you enjoyed the friendly service delivered by our staff and I’m pleased to inform you that in the near future we are going to have a lot of refurbishment with the new concept.

I appreciate that you have expressed your concerns with regards to our sheet and bath towel in your review. Please be assured that we will make the necessary changes in order to offer our guests the real experience of Sol Beach House Benoa.

Once again, I would like to extend my gratitude and appreciation for your valuable time by writing nice comments and suggestions for our better improvement and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Warmest regards from Bali,

The Westin Resort Nusa Dua
Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort
Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort
#5 of 29 in Tanjung Benoa

Been to Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International? Share your experiences!