Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We just returned from a week at this hotel, Amazing in all aspects, great rooms, staff, facilities, food and a fantastic setting.
The place is spotlessly clean. I mean someone was raking the beach all day type clean! The staff could not have been nicer or happier to help (without exception).
We never struggled to find something lovely to eat or drink. I'd highly recommend the All Inclusive Blue option.
We also spoke with several couples who were enjoying their second or third stay here, and I can see why anyone would return. (If I return to Bali I will).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear HarryBaig,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you very much for staying with us and reviewing your stay at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali. It is a pleasure to read that the service offered by our staff exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed the Balinese architecture and design of the hotel. Our lovely resort has been characterized as authentic Balinese in its architecture and design, with local materials used in and around the building as well as in the public areas.

I will most certainly pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team who were more than happy to be of assistance to you and on behalf of them, the rest of the team and I, we look forward to welcoming you back to Sol Beach House Benoa Bali.

Kind regards from Bali,

Sol Beach House Benoa- Melia Hotels International

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is the 4th time we have stayed at this hotel,we are very happy with the very friendly staff and the food we have the all inclusive package which is great value for money. The hotel is in need of a little overhaul which they know about and its going to happen. We meet some friends which we made their 4 years ago so we all get together at this hotel for a reunion. My husband and I love the fact that nothing is too much trouble for them to help you with anything we are defenitly coming back next year and for many years to follow. We always request same room every year which faces the pool, its in a perfect location.It is great we always get a hotel transfer which is only 25 usd from hotel also to hotel really nice to get out of airport and driver waiting for you. Adrian new general manager is always willing to listen to ideas, he has a great backup in the staff all in all a great experience as always is had congrats to all in hotel look forward to seeing you next year..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area are the ones to get
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear 83denise,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

It was lovely meeting you and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali.

We are truly happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and the interactions with our professional staff were unforgettable from the moment you arrived at the airport with the pickup service all the way through to your departure.

Many thanks for your feedback about our hotel. I’m pleased to inform you that we are going to have some improvement in line with the rebranding we just had this year. I have also shared your review with the rest of the team and they were all pleased to hear the same.

We all do hope to welcoming you back to your second home in Bali in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any kind of assistance.

Kindest regards from your House on the Beach,

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights. It is a nice enough resort but lacks the atmosphere and facilities of the larger Nusa Dua hotels. The hotel is getting a bit run and the restaurant was infested with mosquitos!
I personally found the all inclusive to be not good value. There are no options for non-drinkers so I didnt bother subsidising those who chose to drink alcohol. It was cheaper to buy off the menu for lunch and dinner (including room service). The breakfast was adequate but not enough healthy options was very disappointing. The omelette and pancake stations were good.
Rooms were fine, but not well cleaned and quiet dusty. Air conditioning is perfect and very welcome in a hot climate!
The pool area was great although not a huge pool. Plenty of chairs however lots of rude folk who decide to reserve their spot early in the morning by throwing a towel over the chair.
Overall, an adequate hotel for the price paid. However, there are better options in Nusa Dua. There are no restaurants within close walking distance of this hotel which was a major turnover for me being a captive audience having to eat at the hotel everyday.
With some finer touches, this hotel could be bought up to scratch.

Room Tip: A Suite Room is a better option with more space if required.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Kellie P.,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you for residing with us and we really appreciate your kind feedback regarding your recent stay and for noting both the parts of your stay that you enjoyed and the parts of your stay that we can improve on. It is always great to receive such feedback especially from a well-travelled person such as yourself.

Our resort is indeed nestled within a serene and relaxing environment far from the hustle-bustle of busy traffic such as Seminyak or Kuta area. This condition is perfect for our valued guests who want to have a peaceful holiday. However, we would like to apologize if we are unable to meet your expectation in terms of our Food & Beverage and other aspects you may have felt. We will take your comments as our effort to keep improving for our guest satisfaction in the future.

Once again, many thanks for your review. We do hope this situation will not mar your whole impression regarding to the resort and please do giving us another chance as I very much look forward to welcoming you back at the resort in the not too distance future.

Warmest regards from Bali,

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Overall it was adequate and relaxing. I didn't have the best start because they failed to send for a transfer from airport to hotel (even though I requested one in advance) so I overpaid and was completely ripped off by the taxi driver from airport. Please allocate $50 USD for transfer to and from hotel. Also allocate $25usd for entry visa and $20usd for exit fee. Ok, back to hotel. I loved that they were able to accommodate my really early arrival. The staff was amazing, friendly and always had a smile on their face. The breakfast buffet was wonderful (I stayed 4 nights). They have a private beach at the resort which is way nice. **note** if you need to buy alcohol, crisp, anything it's cheaper to go to the Circle K across the street from the hotel and stock up ! There's a fridge in every room and safety box which was nice. Kept my passport, Bose headphones and cash there... They have activities through out the day, yoga, flower, Zumba workshops/classes which were cool. The pool has a swim up bar. Rooms were clean, it definitely needs a facelift but it was fine. Would consider staying there again for sure. Hope this was helpful!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank BlackLotus801
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear BlackLotus801,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali. It truly is rewarding to hear that you enjoyed the unpretentious and friendly service delivered by our staff.

However, I would like to apologize regarding the airport transfer issue during your arrival. I have investigated this issue with my team and lately there was no complaint for the airport transfer from our guest. Therefore, it will be greatly appreciated if you can send me the information of your stay with us through my email adrian.prado@solbhbenoa.com so I can do deeper investigation and as our effort to avoid the same issue happen in the future.

Your comments are very important for us as we continue to refine the level of service and facilities we extend to our guest. We greatly appreciated your comment and hope to welcome you back to the resort in the near future.

Warmest regards from the Island of Gods,

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great resort!

Spacious rooms, fantastic service. Clean - everything from the neatly swept beach, to the rooms, to the tiniest corner is clearly exceptionally well looked after & maintained.

Very friendly & helpful staff.
Delicious breakfast buffet.

The pool was divine & welcome after a day on the beach.
Overall just a great stay & I would most certainly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear AC D,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to share your experience with us in Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read your favorable review regarding our Resort, team, rooms, and our beach. We are really happy that we have contributed in some small way making your experience with us a really nice one.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort in the near future.

Warmest regards from Bali,

Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have been staying at the Melia Benoa for the last 3 years. We returned yesterday after another fantastic holiday. The hotel and staff are superb - this is traditional Bali with the special Melia touch. May thanks to General Manager Adrian and all the staff. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Christine S,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us again and thank you very much for your continuous loyalty to our brand.

We are so happy to read your wonderful review about the resort and greatly appreciate your compliments about our team.

The entire team and I very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future!

Warmest regards from your second home in Bali

Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

For me and my wife this holiday was our delayed honeymoon, and it was our first time in Bali. We really enjoyed our stay at Sol Beach Benoa. The rooms were beautiful and clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, they all knew us by name. They made us feel like family :-). The location and building were nice, with a nice beach, nice pool and garden. Concerning the food, we tried both the buffet and the Italian restaurant. The Italian restaurant was excellent. The buffet was nice too, but we must say that after a view dinners we noted that some dishes showed up quite often, and I also expected more typically Indonesian dishes.....that was the moment that we decided to try the Italian restaurant. Sol Beach Benoa is a relatively quiet hotel, in the sense that "noisy" entertainment is limited to the pool work out in the morning and the shows in the evening, till 22.00h. That is fine with me, but my wife expected more "fiesta", but that's probably because she is Spanish :-). All in all, Sol Beach Benoa offered us a wonderful honeymoon, and we really felt sorry to return home. I'm looking forward to our next visit, soon we hope :-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Mr. SBaauw,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

It was a pleasure to meet both of you and have you here staying with us at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali.

Thank you for your time to share your experience with others in Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your feedback regarding our buffet, I’m pleased to inform that we are in the midst of menu reevaluation since we are in a rebranding process, you are helping us to know what are our guests expectations.

Thank you as well for your constructive feedback regarding our show. I have delivered your concern to our entertainment team in order to consider your proposal.

Looking forward to have you back here soon, please feel free to contact me directly if you need any assistance for you next visit.

Very best regards from Bali!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 55 in Jimbaran
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,399 reviews

Been to Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International? Share your experiences!