“Good but could be better”

Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 days in this hotel expecting thw best. Food is very good and it is quite convenient to pay for the all inclusive services, the hotel is beatiful and the weather amazing however it also had its bad things; the beach is dirty and you can see garbage floating on the ocean, some staff looked fed up of their jobs and we felt a bad vibe and ignored more than 2 times. The worst was a person at reception trying to charge us 60 dollars for a balinese massage while its cost was 50. I know Bali is all about bargaining but even the prices at a 5 star international hotel?! C'mon! That is not profesional. Also we found a massive roach in our room and were given a room in a corner with an awful view. :( . I love Melia but thought the experience could have been better

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jano81
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Jano81,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you for the valuable comment upon the Sol Beach House Benoa Bali and for your precious time to share it on Trip Advisor.com.

On the one hand, we are delighted to see that we are able to meet your expectations in terms of the hotel itself and the food offer. On the other hand, please accept our sincere apology since I would like to apologize and clarify that this situation happens very seldom affecting Tanjung Benoa and Nusa Dua area, the garbage came from another area and swept away by the sea. Yet, every day our team always clean our beach but the garbage never stop coming, it happens for a few days but this condition has passed by and our beach back to the normal condition, clean and beautiful as other guests have mentioned.

Other issue regarding the mischarge by our Reception staff, we are now in the middle of finding out why this difference. Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us and greatly appreciate your words and I have shared your comments to the department involved for their further follow up.

Once again, we would like to express our gratitude and appreciation for your valuable time by your constructive feedback and suggestions for our service improvement. I’m pleased to inform you that I’m at your total disposal and would certainly look forward to serve you one more time in the near future.

Warmest regards from Bali,

Sol Beach House Benoa- Melia Hotels International

Write a ReviewReviews (1,872)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

It was absolutely top notch!!
Really friendly staff always helpful, smiling and encouraging people to do activities. Also on Hotel's private beach they run the watersports.
Every evening there is an event going on. We really liked it specially the traditional dances.
The rooms are quite big with private balcony being serviced twice( choose pool view). Also go all inclusive... it is a must! the food it is superb in every restaurant and obviously you get free drinks as well( cocktails, wine, beers, soft drinks, juices , coffees and local spirits).
I would highlight: Value for money, location, food and service.
If you are looking for a really nice chill out holidays I can assure you this place won't let you down.
The GM it's "Adrian" a real gentleman who knows very well how to run it and makes sure people have a great experience.

Thanks Again guys!!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Oriol O
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Oriol O,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

It was really nice meeting both of you and spending some time chit chatting while you were staying with us. Thank you so much for your valuable time in reviewing our resort!

We are glad to read your favorable review regarding our Resort, restaurants services and facilities. Your positive feedback is in line with what we are trying to achieve and in line with other reviews so we are really proud that we have contributed in some small way to making your experience with us a flawless one.

I look forward to welcoming you back and please feel free to contact me directly should you need further information or assistance for your next stay or any other matter!

With my very best regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed in an executive junior suite gold from 29/4-8/5/14. It was a lovely stay food is amazing and very clean , we have been to bali several times in different all inclusive hotels but this hotel is by far the best in food and breakfast quality.

The staff are very nice and they r willing to go beyond their effort to help the guest and make the stay enjoyable , they r always smiling and happy to help .

Hotel is a little small comparing to others but pool was nice and good for families with young kids as all they wanted was to be in the pool all day .

This is my first time ever to leave a review to a hotel but I think the service we received there deserve to spend the time and write one :-)

The Italian restaurant is very nice but it's a little slow every time we go we had to wait a little while to get the meals but food and presentation is lovely.

Haven't tried the hotel spa but my husband did , and he said it was ok nothing fancy and a bit pricey.

Overall it was very nice stay and will definitely go back there again

Room Tip: Our suite was on the ground floor opposite the pool and next to the breakfast restaurant . Very conv...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sandy K.,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you very much for staying with us and writing a review about your stay at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali. We are pleased to hear that you had a delightful stay, your suite with its amenities and the service delivered by our staffs.

I sincerely appreciate your constructive feedback with regards to your experience in our Italian restaurant (Amarta), it might happen sometimes that in order to get the food at its best point of cooking and quality it takes a bit more time than usual. We apologize for that.

Your comments are important to us as we continue to improve the level of service we render to our guests. We greatly appreciated your comment and hope to welcome you back to the resort in the near future. I shall be in contact with you in regards to your upcoming visit!

Best regards from Bali,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

A great place to go... the food was excellent (the breakfast in particular had everything for everyone, and the a la carte restaurant's food was surprisingly well done), and all the staff were polite and very helpful. The evening main meals and accompanying entertainment was also well-received.
Not necessarily a huge range of drinks for the all-inclusive stayer, unless you want to pay extra, but I can recommend the awesome coffee (indeed, I think I had as much coffee as I had alcohol !).
They even remembered by birthday during my stay, and had a chocolate birthday cake and extra flowers for my room (although slightly soured after returning home when I found out that I had a birthday card sent to the hotel from home, acknowledged by the hotel as received, but not passed on to me at all during my stay !).
Other than that, a fantastic stay by my party, and totally recommend this hotel to others.
I would grade this as a 4* hotel... if they want to be a 5*, then they would need to lay on more stuff to do on site.

Room Tip: would recommend the silver upgrade, as this gives you a free minibar of drinks and snacks, and some...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul_Brook_1604
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Paul_Brook_1604,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali. We are really happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us as well as the services you mentioned, we will extend your comments to our team.

However, we would like to apologize if you may have felt disappointed because you didn’t receive your birthday card on time. We have received a card for you yesterday morning (5th of May 2014 in Hotel premises).
Since you have checked out on the 21st of April, my assistant will contact you privately to see how do we proceed with the letter.

We are trying to find out if it is a problem with our local post office or with the delivery. Therefore, if you don’t mind, please send me your complete address to my email adrian.prado@solbhbenoa.com so we can return this card to your place.

Once again, please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you may have felt during your stay, and hopefully this situation will not impede you to visit any other hotel Melia Hotels International worldwide.

Warmest regards from the Island of Gods.

Kind regards from Bali,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We just returned from a week at this hotel, Amazing in all aspects, great rooms, staff, facilities, food and a fantastic setting.
The place is spotlessly clean. I mean someone was raking the beach all day type clean! The staff could not have been nicer or happier to help (without exception).
We never struggled to find something lovely to eat or drink. I'd highly recommend the All Inclusive Blue option.
We also spoke with several couples who were enjoying their second or third stay here, and I can see why anyone would return. (If I return to Bali I will).

Dear HarryBaig,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you very much for staying with us and reviewing your stay at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali. It is a pleasure to read that the service offered by our staff exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed the Balinese architecture and design of the hotel. Our lovely resort has been characterized as authentic Balinese in its architecture and design, with local materials used in and around the building as well as in the public areas.

I will most certainly pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team who were more than happy to be of assistance to you and on behalf of them, the rest of the team and I, we look forward to welcoming you back to Sol Beach House Benoa Bali.

Kind regards from Bali,

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is the 4th time we have stayed at this hotel,we are very happy with the very friendly staff and the food we have the all inclusive package which is great value for money. The hotel is in need of a little overhaul which they know about and its going to happen. We meet some friends which we made their 4 years ago so we all get together at this hotel for a reunion. My husband and I love the fact that nothing is too much trouble for them to help you with anything we are defenitly coming back next year and for many years to follow. We always request same room every year which faces the pool, its in a perfect location.It is great we always get a hotel transfer which is only 25 usd from hotel also to hotel really nice to get out of airport and driver waiting for you. Adrian new general manager is always willing to listen to ideas, he has a great backup in the staff all in all a great experience as always is had congrats to all in hotel look forward to seeing you next year..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area are the ones to get
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear 83denise,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

It was lovely meeting you and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali.

We are truly happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and the interactions with our professional staff were unforgettable from the moment you arrived at the airport with the pickup service all the way through to your departure.

Many thanks for your feedback about our hotel. I’m pleased to inform you that we are going to have some improvement in line with the rebranding we just had this year. I have also shared your review with the rest of the team and they were all pleased to hear the same.

We all do hope to welcoming you back to your second home in Bali in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any kind of assistance.

Kindest regards from your House on the Beach,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights. It is a nice enough resort but lacks the atmosphere and facilities of the larger Nusa Dua hotels. The hotel is getting a bit run and the restaurant was infested with mosquitos!
I personally found the all inclusive to be not good value. There are no options for non-drinkers so I didnt bother subsidising those who chose to drink alcohol. It was cheaper to buy off the menu for lunch and dinner (including room service). The breakfast was adequate but not enough healthy options was very disappointing. The omelette and pancake stations were good.
Rooms were fine, but not well cleaned and quiet dusty. Air conditioning is perfect and very welcome in a hot climate!
The pool area was great although not a huge pool. Plenty of chairs however lots of rude folk who decide to reserve their spot early in the morning by throwing a towel over the chair.
Overall, an adequate hotel for the price paid. However, there are better options in Nusa Dua. There are no restaurants within close walking distance of this hotel which was a major turnover for me being a captive audience having to eat at the hotel everyday.
With some finer touches, this hotel could be bought up to scratch.

Room Tip: A Suite Room is a better option with more space if required.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kellie P.,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you for residing with us and we really appreciate your kind feedback regarding your recent stay and for noting both the parts of your stay that you enjoyed and the parts of your stay that we can improve on. It is always great to receive such feedback especially from a well-travelled person such as yourself.

Our resort is indeed nestled within a serene and relaxing environment far from the hustle-bustle of busy traffic such as Seminyak or Kuta area. This condition is perfect for our valued guests who want to have a peaceful holiday. However, we would like to apologize if we are unable to meet your expectation in terms of our Food & Beverage and other aspects you may have felt. We will take your comments as our effort to keep improving for our guest satisfaction in the future.

Once again, many thanks for your review. We do hope this situation will not mar your whole impression regarding to the resort and please do giving us another chance as I very much look forward to welcoming you back at the resort in the not too distance future.

Warmest regards from Bali,

The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali
Novotel Bali Benoa
Novotel Bali Benoa
#6 of 27 in Tanjung Benoa

Been to Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International? Share your experiences!