“New Name but as GOOD as ever”

Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our fourth stay at this resort.. The name has changed but the quality of service has not!
Again, we have enjoyed the beautiful garden surrounds, the three excellent restaurants, the pool, but more importantly we have enjoyed the Balinese friendlieness of the staff, and this is always on offer at 'no cost'.
Home away from home for us ~ a little piece of Balinese Paradise.

Room Tip: rooms with garden view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Philip L,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

It was nice to have you staying with us again and meet you both personally. Thank you for writing a review on your most recent visit to our Resort and it will be always a pleasure to welcome you back again!

We are truly happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and the interactions with our professional staff were unforgettable from the moment you arrived all the way through to your departure. We are absolutely happy that you have enjoyed your fourth time!

I and your family here are certainly looking forward to welcoming you soon!

Sol Beach House Benoa- Melia Hotels International

Write a ReviewReviews (1,872)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This place has good reviews on Tripadvisor, but there were so many other choices that we decided to book 1 night initially, go there and then decide on further stay.
Hotel had sent a cab to pick us up at the airport. Check in was smooth. We got a room facing the pool.
The pool is big with a swimup bar. The size of pool ensures that there is no traffic jam.
Access to the beach is direct. You can spend time on the beach and it presents multiple shades to you. High tide laps your feet. Low tide allows you to walk a kilometer into the sea, walk upto the reef and fish with locals, or surf.

Staff is courteous and gleeful.

the experience was good, so we decided to extend the stay by two more nights there.

Room Tip: 1. Walk across the road to the convenience store to buy water and snacks 2. Stock water. They suppl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ratnesh_bolivar

Dear ratnesh_bolivar,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

On behalf of the entire team at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for reviewing both your visits and sharing your feedback with others on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to read your favorable review regarding our Resort, restaurants, services and facilities. Your positive feedback is in line with other reviews and we are really happy that we have contributed in some small way to make your experience with us a good one!

I hope you will stay again with us on your next visit to Bali.

Kind regards from Bali,

Reviewed 22 May 2014

In general the hotel is not too big and not too small. It's actually perfect. Everything is close, whether it's the lobby, the restaurants, swimming pool or the beach. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

The rooms are spacious, clean and well maintained. I stayed in quite many hotels before, but the bed in this hotel was the best ever.

The restaurants serve excellent food. The 24 hour á la carte restaurant serves everybody's needs and the beach and garden dining is lovely. The Italian restaurant is a little slow with service, but you're on holiday...

By accident I broke two fingers while playing table tennis at the hotel, the staff responded very quick and very well. The hotel nurse took me to the hospital with the hotel car and stayed with me for the duration of the examination. At the hospital follow up later that day I was again taken to the hospital with the hotel car and their driver. The hotel provided this service without any additional costs. Compliments to the hotel and staff!

Opposite the hotel (road side) there is an excellent and cheap spa called Carla Spa. They are open daily from 9 am till 11 pm. If you feel like getting pamperred it is a must to pay them a visit. All girls that work there are extremely friendly and know their business, whether it's manicure, pedicure, hair treatments or massages.

The hotel offers water sports and at this hut on the beach you will find Wayan Wena. He is not part of the hotel staff, but runs his business from there because his brother works at the hotel's watersport facility at the beach. We used him for two days as our driver (instead of the 4 days we intended) as we saw many positive reviews about him on zoover and tripadvisor before our holiday. We honestly do not understand the positive reviews about him. We realized after the two days he had charged us the rate 3 times the amount of all other drivers in Bali. He offers no additional information, is just a driver and not a tour guide as he calls himself. If you like silence for an entire day he is your driver.

We met a very friendly Balinese lady who also offers driver / guide services and speaks both English and Dutch. Next time we go to Bali we will rather give her a call instead of Mr. Wayan Wena. Her name is Nining and her phone number is +62 (0)81 7556728, she also uses whatsapp.

If you want to relax in a small, quiet hotel with friendly staff and excellent food and service then this is the place to go for you. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel and like I mentioned before we might return next year! We stayed in Sol Beach House Benoa / Melia Benoa for two weeks during our May holiday (end April / beginning May). We absolutely loved it! We always said we would never go back to the same place and we have managed to do so, but we fell in love with the hotel and Bali and might return next year again. ;-)

Do visit Carla Spa on the other side of the road (street side). You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We were in room 8187 overlooking the lush garden, the swimming pool and the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank norberttol

Dear norberttol,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

It was a pleasure meeting and welcoming you and your family, thank you for choosing Sol Beach House Benoa as a place to accommodate your holiday. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to write and share your thorough review about your stay with us!

We are so glad to hear that you and your family and you had a lovely experience and you were all impressed with the high level of professional and personalized service offered around the property as well as with the suites, restaurants and other common facilities. I have also shared your review with the rest of the team and they were all pleased to hear the same.

Once again, many thanks for your nice review and please feel free to contact me directly if you need any assistance on your next visit.

We are here very much looking forward to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 12 days. First time on all inclusive. Found food to be average. Not a very wide range of non alcoholic drinks so didn't impress my wife! Hotel room good very nice and clean. Hotel tired and in need of some form of uplift. Staff absolutely excellent. I don't think I would visit this hotel again. Lacks that little balinese extra that we have become used to over the years we have been visiting Bali. One last thing. The beach loungers need replacing!!! Very shabby!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank janetdav
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear janetdav,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you very much for staying with us and writing a review on your stay at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali. It is a pleasure to read that the service offered by our staff exceeded your expectations. However, we would like to apologize if we are unable to exceed your expectation in terms of the food and beverage offer.

Regarding the beach loungers, I’m pleased to inform you that since we just had a rebranding and we are in the middle of replacing them, as well as we have changed our pool loungers and in general an overall upgrade is planned together with the rebranding. I have shared your comments about our food and beverage choice with our F&B team and be assured that we will make any effort to improve it.

Once again many thanks for your constructive feedback,

Best regards from Bali,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I looked at hotels all over the world from Bali to Hawaii, these being the same distance for us albeit different directions as we were celebrating two special occasions.
I choose Sol Beach House Benoa partly due to recommendations on trip advisor.
I can honestly say we have had a fabulous time, the staff at this hotel are amazing from the guys that sweep the beach all day to the waiters/waitresses, chefs,housekeeping, reception, everyone is happy to help. They call you by your first name, they know what you drink, they know where you like to sit. They are a credit to the hotel.
The GM Adrian Prado has made our holiday truly memorable with chocolate cakes, flowers, airport transfers, romantic dinners and for this I cannot thank him enough.
I love the dinner shows on the lawn or the beach. The Italian restaraunt is very good, the food at the pool bar is the best I have had at any hotel not your usual chips, pizza or burger but a proper meal.
Everywhere is so clean and the suite we were given 8126 was superb, it overlooked the koi pool.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, so if you are thinking of booking go ahead you will not regret it.
We also went on two trips with Wayan Wena who can be contacted by the sports kiosk on the beach. We had a fabulous day visiting temple on the lake, floating temple, royal temple, tasting coffee and visiting the monkey temple. This Sunday we went whitewater rafting which he assured me I would be ok with, and it was amazing. He really looks after you and you learn so much from him, so if you are looking for any trips Wayan is person to book.

A fabulous holiday and so sorry to be leaving tomorrow.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paradiselover
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear paradiselover,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

It was really a pleasure meeting you and I am very happy to see that you had a great stay with us!

Thank you as well for your willingness to take part in writing such a nice review about our resort.

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the service, your suite with its amenities and also all the preparation we made to make your holiday a memorable one, especially with two special occasions you had in our resort. It is without any doubt that our team members are the most valuable asset at Sol Beach House Benoa, I will share your nice review to all of our team and I’m sure they will be very happy to hear it from you.

Last but not least, we really thank you for recommending our Resort to other reviewers and we do hope that your memorable experience will bring you back to our Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 days in this hotel expecting thw best. Food is very good and it is quite convenient to pay for the all inclusive services, the hotel is beatiful and the weather amazing however it also had its bad things; the beach is dirty and you can see garbage floating on the ocean, some staff looked fed up of their jobs and we felt a bad vibe and ignored more than 2 times. The worst was a person at reception trying to charge us 60 dollars for a balinese massage while its cost was 50. I know Bali is all about bargaining but even the prices at a 5 star international hotel?! C'mon! That is not profesional. Also we found a massive roach in our room and were given a room in a corner with an awful view. :( . I love Melia but thought the experience could have been better

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jano81
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Jano81,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you for the valuable comment upon the Sol Beach House Benoa Bali and for your precious time to share it on Trip Advisor.com.

On the one hand, we are delighted to see that we are able to meet your expectations in terms of the hotel itself and the food offer. On the other hand, please accept our sincere apology since I would like to apologize and clarify that this situation happens very seldom affecting Tanjung Benoa and Nusa Dua area, the garbage came from another area and swept away by the sea. Yet, every day our team always clean our beach but the garbage never stop coming, it happens for a few days but this condition has passed by and our beach back to the normal condition, clean and beautiful as other guests have mentioned.

Other issue regarding the mischarge by our Reception staff, we are now in the middle of finding out why this difference. Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us and greatly appreciate your words and I have shared your comments to the department involved for their further follow up.

Once again, we would like to express our gratitude and appreciation for your valuable time by your constructive feedback and suggestions for our service improvement. I’m pleased to inform you that I’m at your total disposal and would certainly look forward to serve you one more time in the near future.

Warmest regards from Bali,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

It was absolutely top notch!!
Really friendly staff always helpful, smiling and encouraging people to do activities. Also on Hotel's private beach they run the watersports.
Every evening there is an event going on. We really liked it specially the traditional dances.
The rooms are quite big with private balcony being serviced twice( choose pool view). Also go all inclusive... it is a must! the food it is superb in every restaurant and obviously you get free drinks as well( cocktails, wine, beers, soft drinks, juices , coffees and local spirits).
I would highlight: Value for money, location, food and service.
If you are looking for a really nice chill out holidays I can assure you this place won't let you down.
The GM it's "Adrian" a real gentleman who knows very well how to run it and makes sure people have a great experience.

Thanks Again guys!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oriol O
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Oriol O,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

It was really nice meeting both of you and spending some time chit chatting while you were staying with us. Thank you so much for your valuable time in reviewing our resort!

We are glad to read your favorable review regarding our Resort, restaurants services and facilities. Your positive feedback is in line with what we are trying to achieve and in line with other reviews so we are really proud that we have contributed in some small way to making your experience with us a flawless one.

I look forward to welcoming you back and please feel free to contact me directly should you need further information or assistance for your next stay or any other matter!

With my very best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali
Novotel Bali Benoa
Novotel Bali Benoa
#6 of 27 in Tanjung Benoa

Been to Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International? Share your experiences!