“Great Value For Money”

Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Great Value For Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

OK here's the facts. This hotel is not one of the sparkly new ones that line this road. And in our case that's no problem. What we have here is no multi story monolith but a slightly older, beautifully designed hotel with very good staff, nice rooms and stunning pool and gardens and right on the beach. Their is often entertainment organised by the hotel in the evenings and it's not all boring old people stuff, we had a great pool disco one evening and various other events. Now, this hotel offers an "all inclusive" option and I guess if all you wish to do is stay by the pool or the beach and eat and drink in the same place day in day out you cant go wrong. For my Wife and I, well, we hired a motorbike (from Karmila very good) and were out and about everyday so we would not have benefitted from 'all inclusive'. My Wife and I spent many minutes each evening walking around the wonderful garden pond enjoying all the different kinds of wild life we spotted each evening. I would happily stay here again. I cannot really comment on the food and drink options and we never used them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank acerockolla
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Acerockolla,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Many thanks for your willingness in taking part of reviewing our property as well as for choosing our resort as a place to spend your holiday.

It is very motivating for us to know that you enjoy every aspect of the hotel and also the friendliness of our staffs and in this occasion, I’m delighted to inform you that as a part of our rebranding this year, we will do some improvements and Hotel upgrade.

The whole team is looking forward to welcome you back soon and I will be more than happy to assist you should you need further information or assistance.

Warmest regards from the Island of Gods!

Sol Beach House Benoa- Melia Hotels International

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed as part of a all inclusive package. We loved the value for money with all food plus alcohol included. The food was very tasty with 3 different restaurants to choose from within the resort and loved the cocktails in the pool bar.
The premises was outstanding with immaculate cleanliness. Everyday all the leaves were picked up and you could not fault the resort. The beach was tidal which was a surprise when tide was out at how little water was there but if you timed it right, you can go out sight seeing and shopping, then come back for the high tide.
Our room wax beautiful and spacious always kept clean and serviced. Towels were a plentiful supply which was great. Very close to the big shopping centre, a 5 minute taxi ride or a 20 minute beach walk. The resort had different theme nights for dinner on the beach end, which had cabaret/shows. They were great and an added bonus as you felt like you didn't have to go anywhere. There was a very cheap beauty place across the road that you paid $6 for a hour massage. The resort spa seemed very expensive I'm comparison but I bet the environment would have been worth the extra money.
5 days was not enough, next time would definately double that length of time. Stayed at Legian in a Hotel in middle of market area, that was frantic and not relaxing at all in comparison, wished we had stayed at Melia Benoa first then did a couple of days at Legian then back to Melia. That would have been the ultimate in holiday with the chilled extravagance with a bit of Bali vibe thrown in.
Will definately go back. Can't wait!!
Funny tho, we walked down the beach past other resorts like Club Med etc and they made our resort look quite budget. But I would definately recommend this resort as it certainly was value for money and the staff looked after us very well also.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Gabrielle P
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Gabrielle P.,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

I would like to thank you for your nice comments and I am pleased to read that our team of hotel associates have looked after you very well and that you enjoyed the overall design and feel of our hotel and its guest rooms all the time during your visits.

We were truly impressed to read that you had the best experience in our resort. Thank you for your nice comment in regards to our hospitality services. It will inspire our staff to always do utmost for our valuable guests.

Once again, many thanks for your comment and please feel free to contact me prior to your visit (Adrian.prado@solbhbenoa.com) if you need further assistance.

Kindest regards from your house on the beach.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just returned home from staying the weekend at Sol Beach House resort. Awesome place with an authentic Asian feel to this resort. Has a nice old world feel about it and is really well maintained. The staff were the best and nothing was a problem for them. Breakfast setting is incredible with great food variety. The 24 hour restaurant is great value and every meal was perfect. The service staff in that area were fun and made each meal a delight. Room was perfect with the exception of a very firm mattress but for a couple of days it was fine. Clean rooms with everything you need. The pool area is just great and the swim up bar is awesome for a relaxing afternoon and a great way to meet other travellers and share experiences. The beach area is nothing short of immaculate and a credit to the guys cleaning the sand and keeping everything neat. In the Balinese garden there were local squirrels, turtle, water birds, fish and water dragons, all obviously well looked after in a tropical paradise. Well done staff of Sol Beach House-we will be back real soon.

Room Tip: If you don't like going up and down stairs then choose a lower level room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravellerDave60
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Traveller Dave60,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you for staying with us and for the good comments about your stay. We trust that you had a wonderful time while staying with us.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed with the resort ground and the services. We are much honored to have received such a positive review and it has been a pleasure to have you here with us!

On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcome you back soon and I emain at your disposal.

Warmest regards from Bali!

Cuenca, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have enjoyed too much in this hotel, excellent food, nice people and good atmosphere. I will repeat my visit. Staff and waiters are very friendly and polite. Close to surf spot. Pool party night was awesome.

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy and relax in Nusa Dua, it is my favourite choise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Daniel M.,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and also for having chosen Sol Beach House Benoa Bali as part of your holiday destination.

We are so happy to hear that you were really feeling the mood with us!

I really look forward to welcome you back here in your house on the beach!

Kind regards,

Geraldton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I am not a young man & travel on my own, I also have a slight mobility problem having had knee replacement surgery on both knees. I have stayed at this hotel on three occasions & have already booked a fourth. For my stays I have kindly, been provided with a ground floor room overlooking the garden & its great water feature, giving easy access to restaurants, pool & gardens & there is a lift to first floor reception & lounge area.The hotel is not new & is showing signs of wear & tear, but my room was large, clean & comfortable, plenty of storage,a good bed & the air-con worked.
I choose the all-inclusive blue option which I think is good value. Breakfast is more than adequate with a large selection to suit all tastes. I am not a great lover of buffet meals & the hotel does provide, on a daily basis, buffet lunch & themed buffet meals in the evening [with live entertainment], there are however other dining options, the all day El patio restaurant & six nights a week there is Amarta restaurant.[excellent food& service] which gives a good alternative.
The pool with its shady surrounding & plenty of sun loungers is very good & apart from the normal pool steps, there are two stairways with hand rail, for getting in & out of the water, which
I very much appreciate.The lawns leading to the excellent beach area,[with plenty of shaded sun loungers] give the hotel an open aspect.
To mention any of the staff by name would be unfair, they are all wonderful,friendly & courteous, always a smile & a greeting & the service is excellent, be it restaurant, bar, reception ,cleaning staff etc, I am looking forward to seeing them all once more & to be greeted again with "welcome home". Jeffc.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Jeffrey C
Dear Jeffrey C,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

Thank you very much for staying with us and writing a review on your stay at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali. It is a pleasure to read that the service offered by our staff exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed the Balinese architecture and design of the hotel.

My team and I continuously strive to ensure that our valued guests receive authentic Melia service and your gracious comments only motivate us to work harder. I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team who were more than happy to be of assistance to you.

Last but not least, I eagerly await your visit to our lovely resort once again!

Kind regards from your house on the beach,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The design and layout is in traditional Balinese style, providing a nice feel. It's not a large property, which gives it a more intimate atmosphere. Rooms are large and comfortable.
Very friendly and very helpful staff throughout the property. We were made to feel welcome and "at home" there.
The buffet Breakfast was excellent - a wide range and good quality to choose from. Only had Dinner there one night, which was average.
Our one complaint relates to passageway noise late at night in particular. There are long, tiled dual passage ways to the rooms which echo any noise. Management should look at putting up conspicuous entrance signs, asking people to be quiet and respect other patrons.
We viewed lots of other properties along the beach promenade and in summary, Sol Beach House has a nice, friendly feel to it and is great value-for-money.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the Pool can be effected by noise at busy times of the year (school holidays in parti...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Solbenoa, General Manager at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Browser09,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

We would like to thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Bali and take some times to write your opinion in Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you were able to relax and thoroughly enjoyed your stay. It is always a great pleasure to hear a positive review from our valuable guests such as yours. Thank you as well for the lavish praises bestowed upon our team members. I will definitely share your positive feedback with them and they must be really happy to hear from you!

At last, we would certainly look forward to welcome you back in our resort and please feel free to contact me directly if you need further assistance and information.

Kind regards from the island of Gods!

Derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from the Sol Beach after two wonderful weeks on the lovely island of Bali. Everything at the Hotel was Excellent, Excellent Staff who are very friendly and cannot do enough for you from the bar staff the waiters Bud the towel man and not forgetting the Excellent cleaners who work tirelessly all day. The Hotel is situated on a lovely beach with plenty of watersport activities for the most energetic holidaymaker. The sun beds could do with upgrading, but as with previous posts the management are on process of upgrading these . We went All Inclusive Blue which is an Excellent choice, with unlimited food and drink available. I would recommend the Amarta Italian restaurant in the Hotel, we ate there four times in the two weeks and each time the food and service was Excellent.
The gardens in the Hotel are lovely, with the garden staff working tirelessly
We stayed in room 8161 overlooking the garden and pool, comfortable bed and adequate bathroom. The safe is large enough for Ipad, camera , Kindle passport etc.
Changing currency is easy at the Hotel, when we left the rate was 19250rp to the pound.
I would thoroughly recommend this Hotel, good value for money with a Excellent spa with reasonable prices. Overall no one will be disappointed, we certainly had a great time. Many thanks to all the staff and management for making it a wonderful holiday.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Petermerc
Dear Petermerc,

Greetings from Sol Beach House Benoa All Inclusive Resort!

First of all, we would like express our gratitude for your valuable time to write a review about our Hotel and for staying in Sol Beach House Benoa as well.

It was really nice to see that your stay with us was a pleasant one, which left you with such a wonderful impression!

We really thank you for recommending our Resort to other reviewers and we do hope that your memorable experience will bring you back to our Resort in the near future!

Very best regards from your house on the beach!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 55 in Jimbaran
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,401 reviews

Been to Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International? Share your experiences!