I had read other people's reviews of Melia Benoa before we left for our stay there, whilst I agree with some of what others have said our overall experience was wonderful. The only real issue we had was the fruit juices. The bar does not use fresh juice and it does spoil the drink but do not let this put you off, drink the beer instead!
From the time we arrived to the day we left the staff could not do enough for you. Our first room was on the ground floor facing the restaurant, we asked to move and this was done quickly and easily the next day. We were on the blue all inclusive and although we considered upgrading to gold there was little to be gained by this, unless you want to spend all day on the internet or have your washing done. Blue is fine.
All of the rooms have air conditioning and this was very efficient, the bathrooms are a bit tired and need a bit of attention but who spends time in there anyway.
The meals were very good, there may not be as much choice as in other hotels we have stayed in but the variety and quality was excellent. The main restaurant is fine and if you do not want what is one the buffet then order from the a la carte, it is not a problem. The Italian is a welcome change, but remember you are in Bali not Milan!The selection is good and very well presented . Lunch at the pool bar is also very good with a varying selection every day and the meals set up in the evening on the beach were wonderful.
This is a small hotel and the grounds are very well kept and the beach, is a good place to sit. The pool sitting area is mainly in the shade, but this gives a choice if you have too much sun. We did not have any problems getting sun beds there are plenty to go round. The daily schedule of activities is there if you want it, we did a few things and had a great time, including a free massage. The evening entertainment is very good and varied, but be warned you will be encouraged to get up and dance when the performance ends.
Melia Benoa is outside the main resort area of Nusa Dua and access to the main road is difficult as there are no pavements. However you can walk to the Bali Collection shops along the beach path, it takes about 20 minutes or get a local taxi ( less than £1). if you use the hotel taxi it will cost you a lot more.
Do not be tempted to stay in the hotel for the duration of your trip, Bali is a wonderful place to see, ask the hotel to book you a car and driver for a day and set your own itinerary. We spent a wonderful day out with a driver, he was very informative and able to talk about the local area, the people and the history. Far better than an organised tour and all for less than £50 for the day ( for three of us!). I would not recommend hiring a car, Bali is swamped by mopeds and bikes, many look to be driven by very young children and they often have three or four people on board. Taxis really are the best way to get around, a trip back from Kuta ( about a 25k drive) only cost £3.50.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL INCLUSIVE Premium All Inclusive Blue The All inclusive Blue package includes accommodation in Premium Room, all meals plan with buffet or a la carte choice, snacks, unlimited alcoholic local beverages, soft drinks, daily activities, unlimited non-motorized sports, nightly entertainment and more.We recommend you this package if you want to enjoy holidays worry-free, and search for an experience with great value and convenience in the Balinese paradise.Premium All Inclusive SilverThe All inclusive Silver package includes accommodation in Premium Room with view over the lush Tropical Garden or Pool, all meals plan with buffet or a la carte choice, snacks, unlimited alcoholic local beverages, soft drinks, daily activities, unlimited non-motorized sports, nightly entertainment, Free WiFi in the room, 1 time daily minibar refill, laundry with restrictions, discount on imported alcoholic beverages and more.Choose this package if you want to add some more value to your holidays at small extra cost. Enjoy the spectacular views from your balcony and the recently renovated new rooms with all the luxury, comfort and Melia amenities.Executive Jr. Suite All Inclusive Gold The All inclusive Gold package includes accommodation in Executive Suite, all meals plan with buffet and wider a la carte choice, snacks, unlimited alcoholic local beverages, soft drinks, daily activities, unlimited non-motorized sports, nightly entertainment, Free WiFi in the room, minibar, Room service, laundry with restrictions, 1 hour Spa massage for 2 adults, discount on imported alcoholic beverages and more.Experience a higher level of service in our Executive Suite with the ultimate luxurious accommodation, designed for couples, honeymooners or guests looking for a Romantic getaway, who appreciate the importance of attention to details combined with the highest personalized service and VIP treatment. If you want to be pampered this is your best option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Benoa Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Melia Hotel Benoa
- Melia Hotel Tanjungbenoa
- Melia Benoa Bali
- Sol Beach House Bali Benoa By Melia Hotels International Tanjung Benoa