“ok”

Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Stayed for four nights , great buffet breakfast not that cheap to eat in but other restarants across the road . free shuttle to kuta (book early ) nice rooms starting to look a little dated . alot of guests on packages with all you can eat and drink .would I stay again ???? if you are looking to get away from the Ferrals of Kuta this may not be the place to stay .

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,817)

Reviewed 27 November 2010

We checked in into the hotel on Nov 20th for 5nites. It was indeed a wonderful resort overlooking the beach. The deluxe room with courtyard view we stayed in was truly a heaven. It really suited us when we have 2 kids with us and they can simply run out from the balcony straight into the pool. It is also close to the Melasti cafe where they serve buffet breakfast every morning. Staff were mainly friendly except for a few who sits at the reception but we didnt find that as an issue.
Location wise we were thankful that it isnt far from the Ngurah Rai Airport. Traffic was smooth as the plane landed around 7.30p.m and we got ourselves a taxi few minutes later. There were also plenty of mini markets across the road infront of the hotel.
The only minor problem we may had was finding a halal food but we managed to find few moslem restaurants serving halal padang dishes. Thanks to our driver Pak Guntur from balifuntourisme.com.
All in all we truly had a wonderful time in Bali and Aston Bali Resort has made it perfect.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Just spent 6 nights at the Aston. Had a lovely relaxing holiday lazing round the pool looking out over the beach at the various watercraft activities. We had 2 Delux Ocean View rooms which were roomy with a little balcony over looking the pool and courtyard. The staff are very warm and friendly. Breakfast buffet was excellent with quite a good variety to choose from. Didnt bother with dinner at the hotel as there are many good places to eat along the road out front, especialyl Bumbi Bali about 200 mters down the road. Shuttle service into Kuta was handy. We also enjoyed using the hotel's pool table and bicycles. I highly recommend this hotel as a good alternative to the 5 Star hotels just down the road in Nusa Dua.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2010

stayed at the aston for seven nights it was bliss lounging around the pool and beach...mostly middle aged people and families....the holtel staff were graet and helpful have no issues reccomanding it at all!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lepdog
Reviewed 13 November 2010

As a solo traveler, I had a great time at the Aston. The kindness and smiles of everyone working at the Aston made my first stay in Bali truly memorable. The service is fantastic. Staff members greet you at the pool, at breakfast and on your way in or out of the hotel. Breakfast is delicious ! Traveling alone, I felt really safe. My room was comfortable, modern and very clean. I miss being there and watching the sun rise every morning. Thank you !

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Sylvie001
Reviewed 8 November 2010

I would travel to Bali again but I wouldn't stay at the Aston. Nusa Dua is a lovely Island.

Be careful of the taxi drivers, pretended he was going the right way. He went around the round about 2times and took the wrong turning. I started driving the long way round to make the cost go higher. When I confronted him he swore at us (three women). He stopped in the middle of nowhere and it was poorly lit. We got out the vehicle and he was out shouting. He was very threatening and we was really scared. Luckily a local man with a truck calmed the man down and offered to take us back to our hotel.

I stayed for 10 night and on the 2nd night I was bitten on the face by mosquitoes 3times. My forehead swelled up and took 5days to fade away. At the end of the 5 day it looked like i had bad spots and was horrid. I told the staff that they was meant to prevent mosquitoes and they gave me a big RAID spray can. SHOCKING.

The staff knew little English so it was very difficult to communicate. I asked them how do I send a postcard, they sold me stamps and said they'll send it out with their post. 12 months later, it still has not arrived. It looked liked the staff threw in the rubbish bin behind the desk anyway.

It was meant to be clean with fresh bed sheets but mine and my friend's smelt like sweat and grease. I asked nearly everyday for new covers even though they send they had been changed. There was also hairs on the sheets which was not mine (different colour) THE MAIN ISSUE WAS THE SMELLY PILLOWS. I noticed that 1st when I went to lay down, then I inspected the rest of the bed

Do not stay at Aston Bali

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lam12
Reviewed 6 November 2010

My husband and i chose Aston Bali for our honeymoon. we booked a 5 night stay and every moment of our stay at Aston and in Bali will be memorable!
Great value for money and what more do you want.. you step right out of the hotel and there are the best of cafe's you'd want to indulge in.
For some bali collection .. make sure to check for the shuttle guide.. its quite a walk downtown.
and the walk to the beach is most amazing! you can chose the pool for an amazing dip or hop in the sea.. we loved everymoment of our stay at Aston.
we were also offered a free dinner voucher for 2 and we chose the seafood nite and it was splendid!
we were offered 50% a one time deal at the spa that was ultra good! rest everything is so very memorable!
And gr8 staff who are willling to help and guide you!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Novotel Bali Benoa
Novotel Bali Benoa
#6 of 27 in Tanjung Benoa
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali

Been to Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort? Share your experiences!