The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali
The Sakala Resort Bali(Tanjung Benoa)(Great Value!)
US$578
US$92
Bali Tropic Resort and Spa(Tanjung Benoa)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$139
Hotel Nikko Bali Benoa Beach(Tanjung Benoa)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$113
Agoda.com
Ibis Styles Bali Benoa(Tanjung Benoa)(Great Value!)
US$38
Matahari Terbit Bali Deluxe Bungalows(Tanjung Benoa)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$46
Novotel Bali Benoa(Tanjung Benoa)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$124
Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali(Tanjung Benoa)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$101
Agoda.com
Rumah Bali(Tanjung Benoa)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$81
Conrad Bali(Tanjung Benoa)
US$361
US$339
  • Pool
All reviewstao restaurantacross the roadwater sportsa pool view roompool barbedroom villaegg stationremembered our namesfree shuttlebreakfast was includedquiet arearelaxing holidaypool sidethe general managerour honeymoonramadakuta
Reviewed 23 August 2008

I booked this hotel for a 9 day vacation for my family of five plus my mother. Choose the hotel for the rate (US$95) as we needed two rooms. Plus I thought the hotel would have a nice beach access. The hotel is a little bit older, but has a great Bali feel with the faux monuments, fish ponds, lush gardens & Bali architecture. My three kids (6, 3, 1.5 yrs) loved the two pools, fish ponds, & gardens. The breakfast & room service was good. Kids enjoyed feeding the fish every morning after breakfast with the bread provided by the staff. We only ate dinner at the hotel one night, but it a very nice Indonesia buffet with a show. Only complaint I had at the hotel was the mold in the shower could have been cleaned out better. Also, beware the beach at the hotel is not a swimming beach due to the amount of boats & water sports. No problem with the beach though, the hotel has a free shuttle to Gerger beach ~ 30 minutes twice a day. Gerger beach is a great family beach, no waves, great swimming, full facilities for food, bathrooms, etc.

Also you can hire a driver, Mardy, for the day cheaper than upgrading to a hotel on the beach. We ended up hiring a driver for the week. Use him or his team almost every day, heading out to all of the great locations & beaches around Bali. If you are going to Bali & need a great tour guide I highly recommend him, mardana45@hotmail.com

In the end, I was only charged US$90/night for the first week & then US$95 for the last couple days, which I did not complain about! We had a great trip & if we went back I'd stay there again & hire Mardy again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerard99
Reviewed 11 August 2008

My girlfriend and I booked this hotel because we had read the reviews on this site, and it was only going for about $60 for the poolside room. My first impression was that this hotel is a little old. Check in was smooth, and the bellboy brought our luggages to the elevator. He pressed the down button on the elevator which I thought was strange, but then took us up to the third floor. I later found out that the up button didn't work, but thats no big problem.. all you have to do is just press the down button and select your floor. At any rate, the rooms were decent. The size was a bit bigger than an average hotel room, and it was clean.

We were starving when we arrived so we ordered some room service, and the room service is decent priced. We got some spaghetti for less than $10, and it was really good spaghetti I gotta say.

Although most people are not gonna care, I at least loved the submerged pool bar. You can order a cocktail and get a carved out fruit with the drink inside the fruit and sit inside the pool while you drink it. I thought that was great, and found that this definitely beats having to get out of the pool to get a drink at a table (but thats just me). The pool usually has very few people in it, so even though it's small, its adequate.

The breakfast buffet is not the best food. Its a bit worse than average for hotel food.

The hotel is quite big so to walk from one end to the other can be a few minutes, but we found that you can just cut through the middle through the pool area, and get to your room quicker rather than walking all the way around the hotel past every hotel room.

All in all, I'd recommend this hotel if you didn't want to spend so much money, but didn't want to be in a tacky hotel. If you're looking for an AMAZING hotel, this place isn't for you, but if you're looking for the bang for the buck... I'd definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chronick420
Reviewed 30 July 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ramada during a trip to Bali to celebrate our anniversary.

I had read Trip Advisor and was a bit wary of the negative comments for the hotel, but decided to give this hotel a try considering its reasonable rates. (Our stay was planned for the end of a long trip in which we were staying at other hotels ranging from $225 to $250 a night, vs. $90 a night at the Ramada.)

Overall, the hotel is better than the Ramadas in the US - the rooms while not luxurious are comfortable. We had already been to the gorgeous beaches of Canggu, Seminyak, Jimbaran, and Nusa Lemongan, so we did not mind that the beach attached to the Ramada isn't the nicest (per the other reviewers, it is indeed mired with boats and jet skiis, and during low tide, is covered in seaweed rather than clean sand). The Tao restaurant has a nice pool and the food was reasonably priced as well (~$50 per meal for 2 people with drinks).

However, the experience breaks down when customer service is involved. First of all, I had booked our room online, and when I tried to email the hotel at the email listed on their web site to confirm our reservation and to find out about when their late check out is, no one answered. I had emailed 6 times, and no answer. In fact, I had to get the concierge at another (far better) hotel in Bali to confirm my reservation with the Ramada.

Then there was the fact that the Ramada would not help me book alternative transportation to the airport. They charge $15 per trip using their hotel shuttle, when a taxi should cost only $7. When I asked them to book a car with a private driver we had found, they charged me $2 just to make the call. I was really appalled that they would be so cheap considering we had not made any other customer service request of them. Booking a car for the airport should be the least that they could do for their customers.

Finally, there was a bill dispute that they failed miserably at handling (they charged us a full third day's rate when they should have only charged us for a late check out on the third day). The manager was completely unwilling to budge on this, giving absolutely no concessions or even a discount considering it was fully the hotel's mistake. My husband and I discussed this and realized it was probably a directive from Ramada's central management not to let junior managers do what they need to to help their customers and ensure complete satisfaction. The difference between a full day and a half day's rate was only $45, but because they were unwilling to even consider this, they have lost us as customers for life. I am planning to write a strongly worded letter to Ramada central management about this issue, and would definitely never recommend Ramada to any of my friends and associates. My husband is planning to use our experience at the Ramada in his company presentation of how NOT to manage customer service, and I am planning to submit this case to my business school as well as a case study in poor customer service management.

In short - if you wish to truly experience the luxury, comfort, and amazing customer service that Bali has to offer, pay a little more and stay at the myriad other hotels in South Bali - not the Ramada.

• Stayed: July 2008
5  Thank ssjj2007
Reviewed 30 July 2008

We spent a week at the Ramada in July, and following a week of being hassled in Kuta, found it a relaxing break and a chance to see a different side of Bali.
Our room had very recently been renovated, it was nicely decorated, had a very good sized balcony, huge shower, lots of storage, safe and the housekeeping was always very good.
The hotel is a split site, with the Lagoon pool being on the other side of the road from the main hotel along with the Tao restaurant. The beach is extremely busy with boats and jet skis and not suitable for swimming. There aren't really any hawkers on the beach and the staff soon chase anyone off who tries to come into the hotel property.
The pool itself is pleasant, if a bit windy! The staff aren't really very visible during the day and we did find ourselves having to go and find them if we wanted a drink. Better to go to the (much) cheaper little shop across the road!
We ate in the Tao restaurant one evening and although it is more expensive than other restaurants in the area, it is really very good and the service excellent. There is also a nice seating area by the pool where you can have a drink if you're not going to the restaurant.
The other pool is more family friendly with jacuzzis and a waterfall. It also has a pool bar where the staff are friendly and we found that we preferred this side of the hotel as it was less windy and the water warmer! There is also badminton, table tennis and tennis if you get bored with all that sitting about! The hotel also offers a shuttle to Geger beach where you can swim, but on the day we went it was so windy you couldn't move off your sunbed for fear of everything blowing away, It is better to go to the beach in Nusa Dua where the water is calmer.
Breakfast is a huge buffet, but it felt chaotic and busy and the food was not that great.
The hotel staff were brilliant at arranging restaurant reservations and the accompanying free transport for us and their choices were always spot on. It saved a lot of hassle and expense in taxis and risking places that weren't recommended.
The hotel grounds are well kept with lovely attention to detail.
All in all we had a lovely time at the Ramada and would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank squirrell20
Reviewed 1 July 2008

Overall a nice hotel if you discount the food poisoning we got on the first day - 3 of us ate only hotel food and we all suffered from Diarrhea and stomach cramps for the first 3 days of our holiday.

Also beware that whilst the resort is nice the beach across the road (Nusa Dua) is a dump. If you want to go on banana boats all day and don't mind being hassled all the time then you might like it...

If you want to swim in polluted water with hundreds of jet skis and speed boats or stay in the resort (assuming you have a cast iron stomache) all the time then consider this as an option otherwise go to Kuta, Seminyak or any of the hundreds of other nice beaches in Bali

The hotel was overbooked when we arrived and as a nice touch they upgraded our room to a villa - not exactly a villa but a sort of one room apartment - the first night was free since this was there mistake but in broken English we were told that we could stay in the villa for an extra $70 which sounded very reasonable and we were happy not to have to move again after the tiring journey...

Half way through the stay we decided to check how much room service and drinks were because we didn't want a horrible shock at the end - we then found out that the upgrade was $70 dollars a night despite what we had been told on check in... ahhh!!

Needless to say we moved back with some difficulty to the standard room that was actually more comfortable and at first we told they were doing us a big favour in allowing us to do this...

As I have seen from other reviews its all fine until you have a problem and then they won't budge - overall their poor attitude at rectifying problems caused is saddening and frustrating and leaves a very sour taste in your mouth...

We spoke with the management many times and they eventually offered us a 20% discount on the upgrade costs - this was a small consolation really since we were in a family group with 3 rooms and spent a huge amount on drinks etc. Infact the discount offered didn't even cover the cost of the food that upset our stomaches - great service!

The resort is a nice place - but Nusa Dua beach is a dump and the restaurant consistently upset our stomaches - seriously Kuta is a big improvement and much cleaner despite the crowds.

Also you should know it takes about 30 minutes in taxi (8-15 $US) to get to Kuta or Seminyak and the number of reasonably priced restaurants in walking distance is very limited.

I am very confused as to why Nusa Dua is the home to a lot of the upmarket Hotels - you would expect the beach to be nicer than Kuta et al - honestly it's not even close...

Barely is a lovely place and the local people are mostly really nice but choose where you stay carefully or it may cast a distinct shadow over your holiday.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family