This is an older hotel in extensive ground with Balinese villas and usual rooms/suites in 3-storey blocks, we spent four days and quite enjoy it. It is the last big hotel in the Benoa peninsula before the road ends at sea but we did not get the peaceful environment we expected. During the day, there are coach loads of both local and overseas tourists using the sea sports facilities in the area. So the beach is filled with tour groups and the smell of petro fumes which the hotel can do nothing about. The hotel is quiet because it is seperated from the beach by the main road, but the hotel also runs the TAO restaurant by the beach, details below.
Reception and services at the hotel are excellent but we did have a bad start of our holiday due to missing pickup driver from hotel travel agent. Although it is not hotel fault, we expected more help from hotel front desk to track down travel agent driver because two helpful airport help-desk staff also could not get an answer from travel agent phone lines. We spent almost 40 minutes at airport exit waiting and looking for agent/driver who turned up and did not even appologise. The hotel upgraded us to poolside room which is quiet but it is quite a walk to reception and restaurants. There are ramps and lifts so we think this hotel is also wheel chair friendly but the ground is quite big. If you like a taste of traditional Balinese setting and don't mind worn out decor and broken tiles (many broken tiles in swimming pool area), then you will enjoy this hotel. But you should move to other places up the same road if you prefer modern hotels with sanitized surroundings. The next hotel down the road is Novotel with a better pool and deck area but the gardens and villas are nowhere near the tastefully laid out surroundings of this old hotel.
Rooms are old with usual 4 star facilities including safe in wardrobe but there is no bath. Minibar was stocked only after guests leave a deposit at the front desk. Some will find the air-con noisy as it is the older centralised system with doubtful speed and temperature adjustments. Hotel staff is obviously aware of problem so there is a key card keeping air-con running even when guests are out, so room is always cool. Breakfast is reasonable quality but rather limited in variety and the restaurant can get really crowded when loud PRC tour groups gather for breakfast. In contrast, we had a few meals at the TAO restaurant across the beach road and the service and quality of food feel better. This is an excellent and romantic setting for evening meal because it is set in the hotel second swimming pool area next to the beach (which is public). After 4-5pm, when all the noisy sea sports activities end, the beach and pool setting is one of the best we have seen in Bali. I had my birthday dinner there and the manager kindly sent two singers to play a few love songs, what a lovely service!
Like many other Asia hotels, there are more PRC tour groups visible both in hotels and at the sea sports centres on Benoa beach. Some of these groups are really loud and you will find some Chinese signs in this hotel telling PRC guests to keep quiet and respect tranquility. It is sign of the times, we have been to some Bangkok hotels where PRC tour groups use a different breakfast area away from western guests. Overall, I think the Ramada has done well to keep a Balinese setting and good services, we will probably stay in a villa next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort - Bali is located at the tip of the Tanjung Benoa peninsula, which is a haven for watersports such as parasailing and snorkeling. The hotel is a 10-minute drive from Nusa Dua and a 40-minutes drive from the airport via the Bali Mandara Toll Road. The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort - Bali offers 185 rooms, including one- and two-bedroom villas, as well as generously-sized Deluxe rooms with balconies that provide views of manicured gardens and the hotel's two outdoor swimming pools. Other facilities and amenities include outdoor Jacuzzi, a children's playground and Amadapa Spa, which offers aromatherapy treatments using traditional ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, ACCOR, Agoda, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Resort Benoa Bali Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Ramada Benoa Bali
- Ramada Nusa Dua
- Nusa Dua Ramada
- The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali