“Friendly tropical atmosphere”

The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Although a bit shabby. The room was clean and comfortable. All staff always had a smile on their faces and always willing to assist. A very pleasant holiday. A bit far out from legian and kits. However that is only about a $12 ride. And the resort puts on courtesy bus into kits daily also.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Denise L
RamadaBenoa, Manager at The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Denise L,
Warmest greetings from Ramada Benoa Bali.
I really appreciate your great comment on Trip Advisor and we are delighted to serve you as our guest. Thank you for taking time to provide us with such valuable feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I could be any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have ventured out of our comfort zone after 18 stays at the Pelangi Hotel in Seminyak to stay at the Ramada Resort Benoa, Bali after a great package was offered on the internet.
Initial trepidation at this huge resort, but we have settled in well. The staff are very obliging - room servicing could be improved upon - however facilities, entertaining area and pool are very well maintained in typical Balinese surroundings. It is a great hotel for families. Tao's Resto on the beach served wonderful food and we enjoyed Tapas at Sakala Bali next to Tao.
We had a pleasant romantic dinner by the pool and the spa centre for massage, gym etc. is spotless.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the pool is a must
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Eliza C
RamadaBenoa, Manager at The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Eliza C,
Warmest greetings from Ramada Benoa Bali.
Thank you for taking the time to comment on trip advisor about your recent visit with Ramada Benoa Bali. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we keep looking at the possibilities to improve our services and facilities.
We are looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in our resort as your home away from home.
Best regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We spent five nights at the Ramada last week. We chose the Ramada in Benoa pretty much based on Tripadvisor reviews as we wanted a child friendly resort at an affordable price. We booked the cheapest room on offer thinking that if we didn't like it much we could always upgrade as the better rooms were reasonably priced too. We wanted a nice, clean place, with a good pool area the children could have fun at. That is exactly what we got. The room and bathroom were of a nice size, simple but extremely clean. The pool area was very nice. I think we were lucky that the hotel was nowhere near half full when we were there, as there are not that many beds around the pool considering the size of the hotel. The pool bar is very pleasant, which cheap cocktails that were too sweet and not very alcoholic really. The spa was nice. We had dinner in the hotel's restaurant and also at Tao, across the road and by the beach, which also belongs to the hotel. We were very impressed by Tao and the hotel restaurant wasn't bad either. The pool bar offers some snacks, which is very handy considering that there are very limited options to eat around the hotel, the better options (particularly Bumbu Bali) are a 5-minute taxi ride away. We went one night for dinner at Bali Collection and that place is horrendous, a tourist trap aimed at tourists who don't want to leave their confort zone, overpriced and with no Balinese vibe at all.
Breakfast buffet was outstanding, but again, as with the pool, I think we were lucky that the hotel was not very busy.
Since we hardly spent time in our room, we never bothered to upgrade it, but the rooms by the pool seem very nice and for $15 more, I think it is probably worth going for them.
I am giving a 4* rating for this hotel as it was fit for our purpose. I wouldn't go there on a romantic holiday as it lacks the vibe, especially considering other places in Bali. But for a family wanting to relax, without breaking the bank, it was perfect. The reason I am not giving 5* is due to the lack of options for eating within walking distance and also the fact that they failed to re-stock the minibar during our entire stay, even after I called reception to specifically ask them to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sissi2702
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I visited Ramada on 4th June and stayed for 6N/7D .. Before reaching Bali I corresponded with Ms Mira via email and had requested for upgrade which she promptly responded to.. The rooms were spacious with a pool nearby, a huge playground and recreation centre.
But the beach opposite to hotel was a big disappointment as due to water sports it is so crowded that you cannot even stand there.

Positives:
a) Very Helpful Staff, always smiling
b) Check in and checkout were totally hassle free.. Ms. Anil at front office was very very helpful and gave us some great tips for shopping :)
c) Beautiful pool and ambience
d) I had asked for upgrade to room and a microwave facility on mail before checkin which were provided ( at extra charge of course :) )
e) Breakfast spread was very good and consisted of Ham,Bacon, Fresh Fruits, Juices, Egg Station, Pan Cakes, Sausages, Bread, Donuts, Muffins..etc
f) The lady at egg station ( Sorry I forgot her name) was always smiling and even though she had so many orders to take care of .. I never saw her frown and always served with a big smile :)
g) They have a free shuttle service and Gregor beach and Kuta are worth visiting. We visited Discovery mall and Mata Hari Mall ( as suggested by Ms Anik) and did a lot of shopping there..
h) We accidentally locked ourselves by exiting from balcony.. but even though it was quite late at night the staff were very responsive and called in an engineer to open the lock..
i) Loved the food at ramada ( Not Tao) Very good variety and reasonable prices

Now for the Negatives:
a) The air conditioner was not working and we had to complain two nights in a row to get it fixed properly. Even after it was " supposedly" fixed it did not work
b) I literally slept on the floor as it was so hot in the room
c) On complaining though the staff was apologetic , yet I felt very offended when the concierge person who came to my room , told me that no other guests who had come from same country as mine i.e. India had complained about A/c and I was the only one who was complaining.
d) They did offer to change rooms.. but you have to understand that if you are traveling with a child it is not possible to change rooms at 10pm
e) The resort is located in remote part and after sunset it becomes sort of creepy and except visiting nearby restaurants there are no other options
f) The road outside to nearby restaurants is full of potholes and very uneven and one has to be very very careful while walking on them
g) The unselling of travel desk: Nearly everyone at travel desk tried to offer personal traveling package.. As soon as they came to know you are staying for a couple of days immediately they would start that they have a friend who can offer them a good package at less cost than Ramada travel desk.. I was offered the packages by Mr. Drapada, Yohan, the guy who is at swimming pool.. It was really very annoying..

In fact I would suggest staying at Kuta area as that is much more happening place...Overall I did not find the facilities which I thought will be associated with "Ramada " brand.. Would rate the resort not more than 3 stars

Room Tip: Either the villa or pool view room on ground floor... Personally I did not find any other rooms wort...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Amit_Rai
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We checked in at Ramada for 2 days and 2 nights. Our stay was pleasant, particularly the courtesy extended by the staff. The staff was very polite and friendly. I remember two instances: the guy at the reception tried for 2 days to make my sim card work. Our request to make Maggie for our daughter when we were tired and wanted to stay at the hotel was dealt with punctuality and was done nicely

The beach in front of the hotel (after crossing the road) was forgettable. We took a cab to Gegor beach one morning and really had a wonderful time. It was high tide and water splurged on us viciously. My wife and myself lost our goggles. I could recover mine when the next tide came in.

Our stay was pleasant and hassle free. Over all, I would give it 7.5 out of 10.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We checked in for 8 nights in May, we had a friendly greeting & were taken to our 1 bedroom Pool Villa. The stay was great & the whole Ramada Team were very helpful throughout our stay.

Food & Beverage was good across all outlets including the House Restaurant, Room Service & Tao Beach Club. The Spa was heavily booked across the end of our stay, however we were able to get in over when required. Unfortunately I did fall sick in the middle of the stay however the medical team were also very good and got me all ready to enjoy the back half of our holiday after checking out.

Front Office & Concierge were very helpful in helping us plan our day trips when venturing around Bali. The location was a little further north than the Nusa Dua compound than I thought, however with shuttle busses available ever hour it really was not an issue.

There are a lot of hotels around the area (some a lot better than others), However feel that the Ramada was great value & I would head back there again.

I feel the package offer we purchased was great value was great Value & a big thank you to Yuda & his team for the friendly, polite & professional service!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
4  Thank Andrew F
RamadaBenoa, Manager at The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Andrew F,
Warmest greetings from Ramada Benoa Bali!
Thank you for taking the time to let us know on TripAdvisor of how much you enjoyed your stay with Ramada Benoa Bali. For the most part it is a tranquil area of Bali, where you can relax and rejuvenate. Your compliments to our services, hotel facilities and to our team and myself is encouraging us to always maintain our best service to the guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the future.
Best wishes,