“S and J uk”

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Manchester, United Kingdom
“S and J uk”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Return guests to this hotel and will continue to holiday here.
22 years of visiting Bali has given us the opportunity to stay in various places around the island and whilst there are many more upmarket places to stay we find the location of club bali ideal for a truly enjoyable experience. All inclusive to us means that a choice of food and beverage is available and should we not really like the look of the menu then we can eat out at one of the many restaurants situated within walking distance or in the chopsticks chinese which is excellent food.
What makes this hotel are the staff what a fantastic attitude they have and wonderful personalities. Yes the hotel is now looking a little tired and needs a facelift which I believe is to happen shortly but the rooms are clean the beds comfy the pool area very good and situated on a beautiful beach -------for the price I don't think you will get much more anywhere.
To be fair I can't give an excellent rating simply because of the "sprucing up " that needs doing
but in all other aspects it more than hits the mark.
To meet people from around the world from all walks of life and to have a really relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable time just book and meet Wayan Wenni and all the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for pool or garden view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jimswallow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

we stayed at Club Bali Mirage and i would have to say , along with my family and Children that we had the best time , would definatly go back again , the Service the staff and having the all inclusive was a bonus , great value for money

Room Tip: 2nd floor with pool and ocean views
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Sientaj4
Out of town
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is my 9th visit to this resort and once again I had a great time,I was there from 17thOct to the 31st,as usual the staff were 1st class ,the quisine excellent,the room spotless,the people I
met super ,dynamite sense of humour,did,nt give them much choice,He!He!He! They thought I was crazy,Ha!Ha!Ha!
Looking forward to next time.
Ken

Room Tip: Not a chance,I might have trouble getting it myself,Ha!Ha!Ha!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Kenneth M
Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Myself and husband stayed here from the 17th oct-30th oct for a 2nd time. Love being all inclusive as we were never short off having a good drink a fab time with lots of people we met and got on with so well. Missing my coffee pops, big time!!! We've never had a bad experience. I left my phone, iPad and jewellery out all the time. Nothing was ever touched. The Rooms are a little bit tired and do need a fresh coat paint etc, but for the price I do think this hotel is so worth it. The staff are brill. Every 1 no,s your name, and can't do enough for you. Some people are so rude and don't have manners towards the staff and I don't think there's any need for it, they work very hard to keep us happy and to make sure we have a good holiday. I even got free wifi vouchers for being a repeat guest so I can't thank them enough for this as I skyped my son a few times. So sad to have left, but we will be back. Thank you to every1 at the club bali mirage for a 2 nd lovely fab holiday.

Room Tip: We asked for a double pool view room, we got it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cat B
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. I took the twin room which looked really old and tired. The room was clean, but I could not deny that the room was out-dated. TV was the old TV, not even the flat LCD. The leather pad on the balcony chair was very worn out and uncomfortable to sit down.
The pool was OK, but the center is quite deep and not for children. This hotel really needs upgrading work as many people commented in this forum.
The location is good, pretty central in Benoa area. Apparently, this is the budget resort. I dined out and did not try the restaurants as it does not look great.
This hotel is OK if you have the budget constrain (same reason for me to chose this hotel), but still wants the good location in Benoa. If you have better budget, you should stay at others. Next time, I will try other hotels.

Room Tip: Double room may be the better selection.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ManngaDua
chehire england
Reviewed 23 October 2013

great hotel good food and theme nights pool area good fun.BAD point had gold watch stolen from room.lots of other guests had items taken.reception gave no help I wonder why.Beach hut on beach good value, boat trips good recommend trip to turtle farm trip.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sadarse
Rockingham, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I booked the accommodation after seeing how great the pictures portrayed the hotel to be. What a big mistake!! The rooms are quite small and we booked a romantic room which seemed to include a sofa lounge but when we got there we had to request this for our 4 y/o son and then a single bed was put in. Every day during our 7 day stay we would return to the room to find the card didn't work, go back to reception, where they don't even apologise and run back to the room to see if it will finally work.
They only serve Bali Hai beer. Don't bother doing the all inclusive package because you are actually given a different set menu to other paying customers and it is very limited. I found when I went to fill my baby's bottle at the restaurant on level 1 the female staff were very rude and lied about not having water. As an all inclusive member you would expect to at least get water.
The coffee and sugar were never restocked in our room. Every day I would have to go to reception and request more. One time I was given quite a few, but the next morning after the cleaning staff had been around, there was none left. Also, the cups were not washed or replaced.
The kids club is very small and disappointing but the staff that work there are amazing. Well done to them, they adore kids and were a pleasure to speak with.
Food at breakfast, lunch and dinner was very western and dinner didn't start being served till 7:30, so if you have young kids, do yourself a favour, don't bother paying twice the price for all inclusive and go across the road to a restaurant so you can enjoy a nice meal as a family.
We travelled with another family who were also terribly disappointed. I wish we had only booked one night and gone elsewhere.
I was really disappointed and would only rate this hotel as a 2 star. It really ruined our family holiday. Do yourself a favour, don't be deceived by the photos, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: There aren't any, please go elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family