We stayed for 6 days in June 2014.
On a positive note the staff were very friendly and helpful as you would expect at a 5 star hotel. The one exception is that the leaving the private sign on your door will not stop them cleaning your room, annoying.
The food is gorgeous especially at the grill but we both got very sick for 48 hours after only eating at the hotel. My partner went to see the on site nurse who seemed more interested in recording bali belly statistics than anything else. We were not the only ones sick from the various buffets.
We had a very expensive ocean view suite, which was impressive size wise but very very tired. There was no ventilation in the bathroom and the paint was peeling and bubbling. Also the door was warped between bedroom and bathroom so very noisy/hard to open, not very romantic.
The water in all the rooms is brown. They give you bright coloured bath salts but it doesn't help. A shower leaves you dirtier than before.
The pool is very small and thick with children as they are not limited to a kids area. But as the ocean is filthy with floating trash you are pretty much stuck with the tiny pool despite the kiddy pee factor. We swam first thing in the morning which felt a little bit better.
The drinks. I can stomach most things but after three or four Mojitos my stomach started burning and I couldn't drink cocktails again for a week. The local spirits are very very bad. The advertised three hour premium spirits from 9-12 pm was okay but does not include cocktails. Only basic mixed drinks and there's a super loud, dated cover band playing which meant we couldn't hack it. The beer option bali Hai is okay but byo stubbie holders it gets warm very fast. And is served in plastic glasses which doesn't help.
Essentially this resort is designed for people with really young kids who only have time for a drink or two after nine pm. Not for couples or young people who want to unwind and pamper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali is a 5 Star Bali Resort with a large white sandy beach right in front of the resort. With 380 rooms & suites, including new wing Family Paradise, it is set among beautifully landscaped tropical garden. Rising like a vision from the Balinese sea, it is located on the tip of Nusa Dua beach, Tanjung Benoa, Bali’s watersport center. Prime positioned only 20 minutes from Bali International airport the Grand Mirage Resort is the perfect choice for a serene getaway to the Island of the Gods. Grand Mirage offers a whole new class of luxury All Inclusive and room and breakfast packages as well as an almost unlimited choices entertainment and leisure activities for adult and kids including wall climbing, adult water slide, mini water park, indoor and outdoor playground for kids. On top of it, it presents 7 world class gourmet restaurants of which one is available 24 hours, with a wide selection of food & beverage choices. Hotel guests may also enjoy the Thalasso Bali Spa and Aquamedic pool with each spa room designed with its own theme in mind, hosted by professional Spa therapists, giving the perfect relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Travelbag, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mirage Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Resort Bali
- Grand Mirage Tanjungbenoa
- Grand Mirage Bali
- Grand Mirage Resort And Thalasso Bali Tanjung Benoa