We chose this hotel carefully, our criteria was all inclusive (as less chance of Bali beli, which I have had on each previous visit to Bali), luxury surroundings, good facilities for our 11 year old, good location. I was say we got what we ordered. I would probably pitch it as a 4* rather than 5* but overall was happy (and I'm fussy).
We booked an ocean view king suite as this had a lovely separate lounge area with a tv for my son who loved having his own space, it's worth noting that some of these rooms come with a second toilet which is not mentioned on the website but I would have booked if I'd known as this can be handy if someone is ill. The mini bar was refilled for free each day including beer. Our room had a four poster bed, beautiful view , tv and massive bathroom. Towels and toiletries were topped up twice a day which was great. Towels could have been fluffier but on the scale of things I thought that wasn't worth worrying about. Our air conditioning had an issue one day and we were offered a different suite or they could try and fix it. We said try and fix it, and by the time we got back to the room and took our shoes of there was a knock at the door and a man with a trolley full of air conditioning parts. 30 minutes later our air con had a new fan and was blowing lovely cool air.
My son was torn between the great kids tv channels and a mini bar full of coke and biscuits or the beach soccer and games room, he was obsessed with all the chess on offer.
There is a courtesy bus to the Bali collection shops, would have been nice to have had one to Kuta once a day but taxis aren't that expensive. Don't use hotel ones though, they charge almost double. Walk down street a bit and get a blue one.
Food didn't blow me away but that said my son loved Calimari at the Grill on beach and I loved the Italian which had an amazing service, amazing food but book in advance. I was really pleased to not have Bali Beli for once. Not sure about cocktails though, they could be improved. I did feel a bit off after drinking a creamy one. White wine is not bad at all.
I would recommend this resort, especially if you are a family and want somewhere family friendly where you won't get sick and has a lovely pool and beach. It won't fit everyone's criteria but it was perfect for me and my family.
Today is our last day and I'm glad I stayed here all inclusive, don't want to go home tomorrow as I look around me at paradise.
Ps cappuccinos aren't too bad and you can ask for one at breakfast as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali is a 5 star Bali resort with a large white sandy beach right in front of the resort. With 380 rooms & suites, including new wing Family Paradise, it is set among beautifully landscaped tropical garden. Rising like a vision from the Balinese sea, it is located on the tip of Nusa Dua beach, Tanjung Benoa, Bali’s watersport center. Prime position only 20 minutes from Bali International airport, the Grand Mirage Resort is the perfect choice for a serene getaway to the Island of the Gods. Grand Mirage offers a whole new class of luxury All Inclusive and room and breakfast packages as well as an almost unlimited choices entertainment and leisure activities for adult and kids including wall climbing, adult water slide, mini water park, indoor and outdoor playground for kids. On top of it, it presents 7 world class gourmet restaurants of which one is available 24 hours, with a wide selection of food & beverage choices. Hotel guests may also enjoy the Thalasso Bali Spa and Aquamedic pool with each spa room designed with its own theme in mind, hosted by professional Spa therapists, giving the perfect relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Southall Travel, Agoda, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mirage Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Resort Bali
- Grand Mirage Tanjungbenoa
- Grand Mirage Bali
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali Tanjung Benoa