“lovely holiday”

Melbourne, Australia
“lovely holiday”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

stayed 01/06/2014 room lovely on ground floor opposirte pool
room very clean and spacious cleaning staff very efficient and helpfull
buffet breakfast plentifull and nice all staff we encounted were very helpfull
Location of hotel central to dozens resturants out front of hotel
convenience store out front laundry also out front
Would highly recommend for singles or familys with young children
jmg906

Room Tip: ground floor opposite pool
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John G
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear jmg906,
I am more than glad to learn that your stay was more than satisfactory. I thank you for sharing your holiday experience in the leading traveler website, Trip Advisor.

If you would like to book your room prior to your next visit, I recommend you to book directly through our website, grandmirage.com where various inclusions are available such as free motorized watersport voucher for every 3 night stay with all inclusive.

Once again, thank you for residing with us. I cannot wait to welcome you again!

General Manager of Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (764)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in here during Eid holidays.
"Family Ocean View Suite" from July 29th to Aug 1st 2014.
"Romantic Ocean View Suite" from Aug 2nd to 6th 2014.

Place:
Directly connected to the beautiful beach.
Large & clean swimming pool.
Interesting game room.
Well maintained old rooms.
Many spot for sunbathing.
Water sports around hotel.

Experience:
In the 1st part, everything went good, except the ordinary breakfast.

2nd part, everthing went BAD: (room 3338)
Aug 2nd: Floor is wet, when I complained the house keeper said that my family is turn on the AC without closing the window.
Aug 3rd: Floor is still wet, then I found the refrigerator is leaking. (house keeper replaced the refrigerator)
Aug 4th: Suddenly the TV is broken. IT staff replaced the TV after received my complain.
Aug 5th: Now the TV remote is off, I didn't know & care anymore.
Aug 6th: max late check out is 1 PM.

Food:
Breakfast is so so.
Jukung resto is cheap & served great taste with the table under canopy and tree on the beach.

Watersport:
There is 1 water sport counter in the hotel & the other is next to the hotel via beach.
My family is local tourist & got 40% discount.
BUT when we played Parasailing, Jet Ski, Banana boat, Fly fish, they took us to the another part of the beach. 15 minutes with speed boat to the ugly, dirty, rough beach. In there, we only played parasailing with long waiting time, the rest of the games are in their office. (5 minutes with boat)
On Friday, they are using "Dolpin" vendor for the water sport.

Attraction:
Devdan is the highly recommended show in Bali, mixing Tradional & modern dance arts.
Great lighting, sound & dance technique.

Special/Interesting information:
Hotel offers "all inclusive" with only $75/person/day you could have:
Breakfast, lunch & dinner at all restaurants in the hotel, includes room order.
All food & beverage (includes alcohol) is free when you take this "all inclusive" package.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ArunoAndi
Dear Mr. ArunoAndi,
Thank you for your detailed feedback to our resort. I am sorry if your holiday was not fully satisfying. Please note that we always do our best to accommodate our guests’ request, so we always try to solve any problems immediately.
I hope the issues will not deter you to welcome you again!

india
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed the Hotel stay.The location of the Hotel is on the beach( Tanjung Benao) which is around 15-20 min drive from the main City centers like Kuta or Seminayak. The beach on the city center is good for surfing while most of the water sport activities are at Tanjung Benoa beach where Grand Mirage is located.The service was excellent, breakfast had lot of variety with ample seating space.Lot of water sports activities were located in the hotel premises,ofcourse they were expensive as compared to the outside agents like bmrbali.com.The airport pickup and Check in was efficient, size of the room was very good . The staff is very helpful . We will certainly again stay at Grand mirage. Only small issue was the lack of a Laundry machine in the premises of the Hotel and the Lobby need to more lighted with more seating arrangement.

Room Tip: Take a room on the 4th floor,Ocean View
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rastyIndia
Dear Mrs.RastyIndia,

It is an delight for us to learn that you loved your residing with us. Thank you for sharing your tropical holiday experience with us on Trip Advisor.

I appreciate your constructive feedback toward our resort in regards to the lobby lights. So far, our laundry services can accommodate our guests’ request.
I am more than happy to welcome you again!

Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We've been at Grand Mirage during Lebaran, that is a Muslin Holiday. We stayed there for 5 days, a couple and our son who is 17 years old. The hotel needs an urgent upgrade, everything in our room was old. We've asked a double bed + single bed, when we arrived our room was a triple room with 3 single beds. The manager change it for us, but they need to put a bed, and it took a time, that was not good because we arrived at Hotel about midnight.

The breakfast is good, has a lot of different foods to choose. The restaurants was overpriced, that is one reason that is better to have an all inclusive package. The another reason is the treatament, I've observed that people who has that kind of package, was better treated than the people who had a normal booking.

The our room's view was the garden, and was very beautiful. The hotel decoration is nice, the cleaner is ok, but because the hotel was full, they can't clean all roons every day, could be better hire more people to work this time of year... I had to ask twice (in 5 days) to clean our room.

The beach and the pool service was very good, we can get a towel and despite the hotel was full, we always had a chair there.

Our son got sick and they offered health care for him at the hotel, the guy was very kindly, I think he is a nurse.

I would like to come back and stay in another room, better than that, and I would like to pick the All inclusive Package. But I recommend this hotel, it is very beautiful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank SANDRA F
Dear Mrs. Sandra F.,

It is a pleasure for me to learn that you loved our hotel. We provided triple room configuration as per your request, but unfortunately, we cannot confirm twin/double bed configuration particularly during peak periods. We are sorry that you had to wait until we set up an extra bed in a normal double bedroom as per your request upon check in. Kindly rest assured that we always try to do our best for our guests.

If you plan to visit Bali again, I recommend you to book directly through our website, grandmirage.com where various inclusions are available such as free airport transfer for minimum 3-night-stay with all inclusive.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. I cannot wait to welcome you again!

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at the Grand Mirage Resort July 2014 for 14 nights ,staff excellent,food very good,Hotel kept clean and tidy ,good service ,good laundry nice to come home with just a few dirty garments.The La Cascata restaurant has now improved and is the best restaurant in the hotel Didik Pramana and all the staff made the restaurant special I think we are qualified to judge as this was our third trip to the hotel.The only down side we found was that we have noticed a need for some of the rooms to be renovated.

Room Tip: Look at several rooms and choose the one suits you best, for views and location to entrance.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter A
Dear Mr. Peter A,
It is a pleasure for us to hear that you had a great long stay with us again. Thank you for reviewing our resort at the award-wining traveler website, Trip Advisor. Your compliment has been passed on to the respective staff. I appreciate your visit to Grand Mirage Resort. Looking forward to welcoming you on you again on your fourth stay!

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Firstly, this resort is indeed massive and therefore, impressive. As such, it offers the usual variety of the absolutely beautiful nature of Indonesian (=Balines) people, a five star resort: beautiful pools, a large and impressive lobby, a great taxi service (you pay for convenience though - if you can cope with the inconvenience, street based taxis are cheaper), several restaurants, a very well appointed, comfortable room with good TV options, good WiFi, excellent king size bed, and generally well appointed, though the bar fridge items were expensive. There are also a good range of entertainment options on offer such as pool volleyball, etc. Sorry, there were many more that I can't recall, not because they were no good, just that they were not appealling to my taste or age(56).

Just beyond the lobby is an open central section with its own waterfall and gardens which is indeed beautiful and a credit to its designer and maintenance - it really is stunning! I am sure there are other features of this resort that make it attractive to a range of customers, including the Thalassa Spa, which we did not visit.

Problems/Solutions: We had low water flow in our shower. No sooner had we reported this and it was rectified. FANTASTIC service! And, the plumber exhibited the usual beautiful, friendly nature that we had come to expect from the Indonesian people. Result: full water flow.

As for restaurants, we only availed ourselves of the Panorama Lounge for breakfast. We were there courtesy of a 'mystery' Wotif.com offer. Consequently, we were experienced what seemed to us, an absolute minority in terms of breakfast. Because, when we arrived for breakfast, the staff were unprepared for guests whose breakfast was not 'included'. Eventually, we were provided with some options. Due to our apparent uniqueness, we received table service as opposed to a smorgasboard. We opted for a loosely Aussie style breakfast of toast, butter, jam, fruit and tea. We each had a pot of tea, four slices of toast, a MASSIVE serve of fruit + yoghurt (I think there may have been more) for 130,000 Rupiah (~$13) each. Excellent quality and value!

The cost of lunch and dinner was considerably greater than other local restaurants. However, if you want fine dining, my impression of the in-house restaurants looked good - however, having not imbibed, it is had to say.

The design of the resort is that many rooms have a view of the beach, although not all. So, there is a reasonable chance that you will get a view of the beach. We were sited in the far left wing (facing the beach). Here, there was a strong odour for most of the stay. I can't be sure, but I think it was the smell of grey water used for irrigation of plants, I can't fault the re-use of water from a conservation perspective, but the smell was definitely bad. Fortunately, whilst it was present in the corridor, it was not noticable at all inside our room (except on the balcony). So, in the overall scheme of things, it was acceptable.

The room really was fantastic. The king size bed was both comfortable and clean, with the sheets being changed daily, as were the towels. We had a small, but lovely little balcony that was an absolute pleasure with a beach view.

Other reviewers have commented on the impersonal nature of the resort. Unfortunately, a large resort, by its very nature, is impersonal. However, we thoroughly enjoyed our three days because of the features offered and the quality of our room. As far as impersonal factors go, the fact that beach chairs are at a premium, the sheer number of people in and around the pool and beach combine to make the outdoor experience a little busy and therefore, impersonal. Unfortunately, the degree of motorised watersports (jetskis, powerboat towed parasails) results in the smell of burned petroluem fumes on both the beach and pool area.

However, the pool area is one of the best we encountered - when we could not find a beach/pool chair, we were perfectly happy to use the beautiful and expansive lawns to lay our towels on. In fact, even though almost no-one else was doing the same, we loved the grass! Few other locations we have stayed at in either Lombok or Bali offered lawns! The system for issue and return of clean and dry pool towels was excellent.

Overall, a great place to stay for a short time. For me, I prefer a smaller, boutique resort, such as the beachfront rooms, and I stress BEACHFRONT, at Sunset House, Sengiggi, Lombok. But for a few days of luxury, and I stress FEW, the Grand Mirage is a joy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara D
Dear Mrs. Barbara D,
Thank you for sharing your experience of staying at our resort on Trip Advisor. It is an honor for us to receive such a detailed review like the one you have posted. Please rest assured that we always do our best to make our guests feel at home.
Thank you for staying with us. Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We're spending a week at Grand Mirage Resort Bali. The staff are wonderful - friendly, courteous and always helpful.
We opted for B&B rather than all-inclusive and that has suited us because we wanted independence to visit less costly outside restaurants and facilities.
Our seaview room is excellent with comfortable bed, plenty of room, nice balcony and excellent room service.
On the downside this is very much a mass tourism destination and the breakfast buffet really typifies the less than desirable impact of a lot of people descending on foodlines. However the staff handle it well and make it as easy as they can.
If you're looking for a package holiday with all services then this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Romantic seaview rooms are large and well appointed
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. Congduo,
It is a pleasure for me to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback through the number one travel website, Tripadvisor.com.

If you would like to book your room prior to your next visit, I would recommend you to book directly through our website, grandmirage.com where various inclusions are available such as free airport transfer for minimum 4 night stay with room & breakfast.

Thank you for residing with us. I cannot wait to welcome you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
Melia Bali Indonesia
#15 of 54 in Nusa Dua
Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua

Been to Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali? Share your experiences!