“Fantastic for a few days”

Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Adelaide
“Fantastic for a few days”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Fantastic for a few day get away. We stayed 4 nights. Very quiet so it was a nice break away. Excellent all inclusive, ideal if you want to go for a birthday or occasion & relax for a few days with all inclusive. I loved the resort but I think 2-4 days is enough for me. $75 per day for all inclusive is worth it as it is expensive for drinks etc so it's best to take up the inclusive offer. it was a lovely getaway from the busy streets of Legian. Recommend it for people who want to relax around the pool & sip on all inclusive cocktails & food. It's a nice way to unwind.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Nidds78
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Nidds78,
To learn that your stay was up to your liking is a pleasure for me. Thank you for letting us know about your holiday experience. I do appreciate your taking time to write on Trip Advisor. Longer stay is advisable, so that you can experience all the restaurants and activities. Once again, thank you for staying with us. I cannot wait to welcome you again!

Juan A. Sanchez, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I must say that the Grand Mirage entrance was extremely impressive when we first arrived, and their facilities were fantastic.
From the beautiful lobby furniture, to the amazing central waterfall, and the way that the hotel is designed in that you always have cool breezes blowing right through the building. You can see that a lot of effort and thought has gone into designing this hotel, and the fact that they have included a vast array of traditional Balinese artifacts and art work throughout the hotel only makes it more impressive. Not to forget the beautiful gardens!
We had no complaints about the staff. They were all extremely friendly and accommodating, right through from Housekeeping to the Porters.
We did not get to have much of a poolside experience, and only really got to sample the buffet breakfasts and dinners, which were quite diverse and you certainly had a lot to choose from!
The games room & gym were very impressive. Great for families with kids, or for those who want to keep up their fitness whilst on holidays. You certainly have everything you would ever need including endless entertainment for the kids, from movies to table tennis, pool tables, air hockey, computer games, chess etc.. It is very well set up!
I had to use the business centre on our last night to type up and print out some documents, and found it extremely handy.
My only negative comments would be that for what you pay per night for a Deluxe Ocean view room (over $150.00 per night), I would have expected something a little larger. The room itself was quite small and pokey, with only a very small back patio to sit on. My biggest disappointment was with the bathroom itself. It was extremely small, and the shower recess was again, very small with what would have to be the worst shower head I have ever used. If I could give one tip to management, it would be this; get rid of the bathtubs in the bathrooms, as most guests would not even consider using these due to the lack of clean water anyway, and this would free up more room for a larger shower recess with a more modern shower head. Something that you could possibly even fit two people into at one time.... brilliant!! On top of this, please use a less slippery tile in the shower recess! It is not good when you have to hang a "Slippery when wet" sign on the shower recess door to warn guests. I had to be on my game at all times whilst showering in fear of losing my grip! This is a lawsuit waiting to happen...
We have seen the rooms at the Grand Aston just down the road, and for what you pay for their rooms, and their set out of their bathroom space, finishing touches, and their balcony space, I would recommend their hotel rooms over the Grand Mirage any day. I would pay a little extra to stay at the Aston now, purely based on my experience in the rooms at the Grand Mirage.
On top of this, we assumed that the water being used to water the lawns in front of our room at the Grand Mirage was grey water (sewerage water), as we were able to enjoy the beautiful scent of sewerage creeping in through the cracks in our patio door each night, and it was also wafting throughout the rest of the hotel. Not sure if there is much you can do about this, however, it is just an extra little feature to let possible future guests be made aware of.

Room Tip: Try and opt for a room above ground level to try and avoid the sewerage smell coming from the sprink...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Juan Antonio S, Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Mrs.Kristy Ann L,
It is a great pleasure for us to be at your service. Thank you for your constructive feedback on the leading traveler website, Trip Advisor. I do apologize for some inconveniences during your stay.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the bad smell coming from the recycled irrigation water. We were doing some maintenance treatment to our irrigation piping system and now it has been fixed. Our apologies for the weird smell of the recycled water, which is used as part of our Friendly Environmental Program to reduce energy and water consumption.

In regards of your comment about the bathtub, please bare in mind that we cater to so many different nationalities and many of them demand a bathtub as part of their culture. In Grand Mirage we try to adapt our facilities to all nationalities, therefore provide bathtub and separate shower.

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences. We hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again in the future and experience again the authentic Balinese customer of Grand Mirage Resort.

Best Regards,
Nyoman Nadha, Executive Assistant Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali
Oxford
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We returned a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers for 11 nights All inclusive.
We weren't disappointed. The Ocean View suite was great, plenty of room and keep very clean. Our suite cleaner Winni even remembered us from 2013, which was lovely.
No complaints about food, lots of choice and with four restaurants to choose from, something for all.
Kids enjoyed the water sports and football, the staff in the sports dept really work hard to make sure you are happy.
Gardens and beach area kept spotlessly clean, even after the storms washed rubbish on the beach, they were out raking it all up. Yes there is noise from the waterspouts, but hey if you are relaxed and resting, it's not really noticeable.
Plenty of activities to participate in if you want. Loved the fruit carving, my husband loved the free use of bikes.
All in all would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.
Recommendations:
Barta with the ladies on the beach, lovely sarongs and trousers.
Visit the spas outside.
Hire a driver and see the real Bali.

Room Tip: Ocean view suite 3rd floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicola L
lymm cheshire
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Our family of five, ages ranging from 13 to 81 stayed here for 17 nights in July/August. Being a fan of the all inclusive, it somewhat limited the number of hotels we had to chose from when visiting Bali. Having stayed all over Carribean/Europe I knew this experience was going to be somewhat different from other holidays. I'd read the trip advisor reviews before I booked so had an idea of what to expect.
Yes there are parts of this hotel that clearly need a refurb, one being the ladies toilet at the pool, I refused to use it the entire time. That being said, it's a very short walk to another toilet so not an issue. The pool area could use an update but again it's very clean and didn't stop my two boys being in there from dawn until dusk. The beach, not the best I've seen but it's the only beach area in Bali where they allow motorised water sports so I knew it was going to be noisy and not the cleanist, but hey I loved getting a sun lounger each day, reading my kindle, whilst being asked endlessly by the waiters if I would like a drink or food. What more could I ask for? Right enough of the negatives and onto the positives... The staff, probably the most amazing, welcoming people I have ever encountered. The rooms, we stayed in the garden rooms (yes bathroom needs an update but best power shower I've ever had on a holiday) cleaned immaculately everyday, you could have clean bedinen everyday if you wanted and we could send 2 items of clothing per person per day to the laundry which was fab...
The food was fantastic, themed buffet nights some held outside with entertainmen. If you really couldn't find anything you fancied to eat at the buffets, as an all inclusive guest you could just order from the extensive a la carte menu. The beach grill restaurant was wonderful, freshly cooked tasty food served beautifully. They really do take pride over the presentation of food here. Staff there were amazing especially Agun. Thank you Agun, for looking after my boys Matthew and Will who loved eating here each lunchtime. The Italian restaurant La Cascata.. again amazing food and service. The lamb being exceptional. The one and only negative here was the Veal which was basically a plate of fat. (Management this really needs taking off the menu) Having mentioned our disappointment to one of the staff they went out of their way to ensure we were satisfied the remaining 4 times we dined here. As an all inclusive guest you are not limited to the number of times you book at the a la carte restaurants. There is no hassle making reservations either, no standing in long queues, no specified times to eat. Just a simple quick visit to the guest service desk tell them which restaurant, day and time you wished to dine... Perfect!
All in all we loved it at this hotel, and it was with very heavy hearts that we left. Please don't compare it to larger, modern hotels in the Carribean with lots of pools, loud music, and beautiful crystal clear sea. This
hotel is Bali charm itself and would I go back? You bet!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank geeben
Dear Mrs. Geeben,

I am glad that you experienced a great stay in our resort. Thank you for sharing about your Bali holiday on the leading travel website, Trip Advisor.

Also thank you for the feedbacks, comments such as yours are of great assistance to us in order to identify problems that may exist throughout our hotel and, subsequently, taking measures to include them on the list of our renovation program.

If you would like to book a room again for your next holiday in Bali, I suggest you to book directly through our website, grandmirage.com, where various inclusions are available, such as free airport transfer for minimum 3 night stay with all inclusive.

Once again, thank you for residing with us. I really look forward to welcoming you again!
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I have just left the Grand Mirage Hotel and have thoroughly enjoyed my 2 week stay. The staff are so friendly and helpful and you are constantly greeted with a smile. Food is great and plenty of variety at breakfast. Room was perfectly clean with fresh towels delivered twice daily. Plenty of sunbeds around the pool and on the beach and unlimited beach towels provided free of charge. Evening entertainment at the Rama Stage is excellent, by far the best hotel entertainment I have ever experienced. I can't stress how exceptional the staff are at Grand Mirage, from the moment we checked in we were taken to a private room and given a free cold juice cocktail, the staff at breakfast are incredibly attentive, staff will take your cases and open car doors for you. Bar staff incredibly friendly and sociable also. You will want for nothing here. Would definitely go back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Picolie
Dear Picolie,

Thank you for your willingness to share your faultless holiday experiences through Trip Advisor. I am grateful to learn that you enjoyed our facilities, food, and service.

For your next visit, I recommend you to book directly through our website, grandmirage.com where various inclusions are available such as Devdan Show voucher for minimum 12 night stay with all inclusive.

Thank you for staying with us. I am more than happy to welcome you again

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We are 2 weeks in of a 3 week stay at the Grand Mirage - 3 weeks because we came last year for 2 and decided we'd had such a fantastic time we'd do 3 this year.

Yes everything is not perfect but there is a lot more perfect.

Even the fussiest eater is catered for here. There's a buffet, the Junking which serves delicious seafood and grills and has the best dessert - a chocolate wow. The Cascata which is for elegant dining, Chopsticks next door for Chinese food. The resort also runs 4 theme nights held outside under the stars - Latin American, East meets West, Aussie bbq and Balinese. The main restaurant also has a very large a la carte menu together with 24 hr room service!

We booked for all inclusive and for us it's the only way to go. All drinks including cocktails, all meals, mini bar, motor sports and free washing. If you stay for longer than 12 days you are also provided with airport transfers.

Staff are amazing plus and make special mention of Kasta, Ratinah, Astutee, Agung, Ping, Lanang, Teja and Suritinah.

The rooms are clean, fresh towels given twice daily and on arrival a fruit and chocolate platter is given.

Honestly what more could you want.

I know this review sounds like an advertisement but we just love it here so much and want to share our delight.

Thank you to the manager Juan Sanchez and the head chef Matthew for our wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: Beach view obviously for the view and lovely sea breeze
3 Thank YonYon15
Dear Leanne H,
Thank you for letting us know that you had a great holiday with us. I appreciate your taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I do apologize if there is an issue with the air conditioner. Our engineering staff has checked it and taken immediate action to fix it.

Thank you for choosing Grand Mirage Resort. I cannot wait to welcome you again!

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Recently stayed here for 2 nights recently.
Was booked in for a Ocean view room, only to be given a room that mainly looked into a roof of another building, could see the ocean only just if viewed from the balcony, Complained to management, and was pleasantly surprised to be offered a better room.
The big problem here is that the Hot Water on every single time used had to be run at least 10 to 15 minutes before it could be at a temperature to use. VERY VERY FRUSTRATING for a suppose-ably 5 Star Resort?, Not good enough!!!!!
Typical high priced food and drinks from a resort. Very Poor bar Service from the pool bar with mostly only one staff member only serving and making drinks, usually having to wait over 10 minutes to be served.
Resort also offers a inclusions package of US$95 per person including all 3 meals and drinks ETC, however knowing that breakfast was already included in our package, for US$75 more person, and knowing how cheap Bali can be, eating on the Street restaurants and bars is so much cheaper!!!!!
WiFi is free, Great
Bali please clean your beach's, Swimming with plastic and rubbish is not much fun.
However having stayed in few resorts and hotels in Bali, this hotels needs a major refurbishment to call itself " Grand ".
Service and Staff however were outstanding, Could not be faulted.

Room Tip: Ask to be moved if not happy with your room
2 Thank jimmyWollongong
Dear Mr.Yonyon,
I am glad to learn that your long stay has exceeded the expectations. Thank you for letting me know that you enjoyed our service and facilities here. I have shared your compliments to the respective staffs and they are really happy to know it.

If you would like to book your room prior to your next vacation, I suggest you to book directly through our website, grandmirage.com where various inclusions are available such as Spa voucher at USD 100 for minimum 12 night stay with all inclusive.

Once again, thank you for choosing Grand Mirage Resort. I cannot wait to welcome you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
Novotel Bali Benoa
Novotel Bali Benoa
#6 of 29 in Tanjung Benoa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,884 reviews

Been to Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali? Share your experiences!