We stayed at the Grand Mirage the last week of August this year. We did not go for the all inclusive deal as we wanted to explore what the area had to offer, so I can't say if it's worth it or not. You make your money back after 7 or so cocktails but it also prevents you from ever wanting to leave!
The hotel lobby is very impressive and is quite cool and breezy compared to what it's like on the street! Check in was quick and our room was ready for us so not much waiting around. The room itself was OK, but as we looked closer saw it was quite run down and in need of a deep clean! The toilet seat was cracked and needed a good scrub, as well as the wash basin tap. The walls could also do with a wipe down, there were splatters (or what) I have no idea. The shower head was amazing though! Best water pressure I have ever had in a hotel. The bed was very comfy, and the aircon nice and cold! Turn down service was also a bonus, we even got fresh towels twice a day which was handy as we showered at least twice a day.
The Grand Mirage has one of the bigger beach areas so there are a lot more loungers than most hotels offer, however these get snapped up by people reserving them before going off for breakfast, which can be annoying. The beach itself is clean and well maintained, however there are lots of water sports so swimming is not the most pleasant - we went to Nusa Dua beach a few days to have a peaceful swim in the sea!
Breakfast was delicious, anything and everything you can imagine on offer. I was a big fan of the different water infusions that were on offer daily. We ate at the Jukung Grill a few times which was good, but rather overpriced. We went there out of pure convenience. The bar has a great view and also gets a great breeze going through it, a good spot for before dinner drinks!
The staff were all very friendly and helpful, always ready to greet you with a smile.
And the spa, oh my goodness. Yes, it's expensive and costs a lot more than going to one of the spas on the main road, but you get what you pay for! A beautiful spa experience in everyway! The service on arrival was super, you then go to the change rooms where you get a locker and robe. The spa itself is absolutely gorgeous, totally tanquil and quite breathtaking. We loved all the treatments we had and spent two afternoons there.
Overall, we had a great stay and enjoyed our time in Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali is a 5 Star Bali Resort with a large white sandy beach right in front of the resort. With 301 rooms & suites it is set among beautifully landscaped tropical gardens. Rising like a vision from the Balinese sea, it is located on the tip of Nusa Dua beach, in the village of Tanjung Benoa, Bali’s watersport center. Prime positioned only 20 minutes from Bali airport the Grand Mirage Resort is the perfect choice for a serene getaway to the Island of the Gods.Offering an almost unlimited choice of fun, entertainment and leisure activities, the Grand Mirage Resort Thalasso Bali is synonymous with value and luxurious comfort.Grand Mirage is offering a whole new class of luxury all inclusive and room and breakfast packages. On top of it, it presents 4 world class gourmet restaurants of which one is available 24 hours, with a wide selection of food & beverage choices.Hotel guests may also enjoy the Thalasso Bali Spa and Aquamedic pool with each spa room designed with its own theme in mind, hosted by professional Spa therapists, giving the perfect relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Hotelopia, TravelUp, Agoda, Southall Travel and Travelbag so you can book your Grand Mirage Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mirage Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Resort Bali/Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Tanjungbenoa
- Grand Mirage Bali