“A good stay, but not a 5 star hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Mirage Resort

Grand Mirage Resort
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Wellington, New Zealand
“A good stay, but not a 5 star hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed at the Grand Mirage the last week of August this year. We did not go for the all inclusive deal as we wanted to explore what the area had to offer, so I can't say if it's worth it or not. You make your money back after 7 or so cocktails but it also prevents you from ever wanting to leave!

The hotel lobby is very impressive and is quite cool and breezy compared to what it's like on the street! Check in was quick and our room was ready for us so not much waiting around. The room itself was OK, but as we looked closer saw it was quite run down and in need of a deep clean! The toilet seat was cracked and needed a good scrub, as well as the wash basin tap. The walls could also do with a wipe down, there were splatters (or what) I have no idea. The shower head was amazing though! Best water pressure I have ever had in a hotel. The bed was very comfy, and the aircon nice and cold! Turn down service was also a bonus, we even got fresh towels twice a day which was handy as we showered at least twice a day.

The Grand Mirage has one of the bigger beach areas so there are a lot more loungers than most hotels offer, however these get snapped up by people reserving them before going off for breakfast, which can be annoying. The beach itself is clean and well maintained, however there are lots of water sports so swimming is not the most pleasant - we went to Nusa Dua beach a few days to have a peaceful swim in the sea!

Breakfast was delicious, anything and everything you can imagine on offer. I was a big fan of the different water infusions that were on offer daily. We ate at the Jukung Grill a few times which was good, but rather overpriced. We went there out of pure convenience. The bar has a great view and also gets a great breeze going through it, a good spot for before dinner drinks!

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, always ready to greet you with a smile.

And the spa, oh my goodness. Yes, it's expensive and costs a lot more than going to one of the spas on the main road, but you get what you pay for! A beautiful spa experience in everyway! The service on arrival was super, you then go to the change rooms where you get a locker and robe. The spa itself is absolutely gorgeous, totally tanquil and quite breathtaking. We loved all the treatments we had and spent two afternoons there.

Overall, we had a great stay and enjoyed our time in Bali.

Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, 23 September 2014
Dear Mrs. Kirstenwest,

It is a pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed the food beverage, spa, and other facilities. Thank you for sharing about your romantic holiday experiences with us. I really appreciate your compliments toward our staffs. They always try to deliver their best service to every guest to make them comfortable.

Thank you for your constructive feedback, our staff has taken immediate measures to clean the toilet seat, and fix the wash basin tap.

We have rules that the staff is allowed to take the towel from an unattended long chair if it has been blocked and not occupied for more than 30-minutes. We are sorry that we could not fulfill your expectations.

We cannot wait to welcome you again in the future!

General Manager of Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (701)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Awesome family hotel. We stayed here for 12 nights and booked directly with resort and got all inclusive and lots of extras. Great value, staff very friendly. The kids enjoyed the activities the resort has to offer. Tip if on all inclusive you can ask for the La Carte menu at the pool restaurant instead of eating from buffet. Great 5! Star hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Melissa1234,
That your family holiday has exceeded the expectations is good news for me. As a family-friendly hotel, we try our best to cater the needs of the different ages of every family member. For your next long stay with your family, I suggest you to book directly through our website, grandmirage.com, so that you can have a voucher to witness the aerial show, Devdan.

Once again, thank you for staying with our resort. I look forward to welcoming you again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Me and my wife stayed here on our honeymoon. To sum it up, I cannot wait until I go back to Grand Mirage in the near future. We had the most amazing week, and were treated exceptionally well by the hotel staff who were extremely friendly and professional at all times. I would highly recommend going all inclusive, it is definitely worth it. The food is amazing - from the buffet to the a la carte menu, we had some great feeds! They have a wide range of cocktails to choose from, even if they are not properly made they still do the job! The room we stayed in was a pool/ocean view romantic suite, with a TV, mini bar, bathroom, HUGE bed and balcony. It was well air conditioned and very comfortable. Facilities wise, the hotel has a nice pool with a bar, loads of beach beds, a games room with pool and table tennis and a nice spa (never went to can't comment on prices). The hotel also arranges themed nights with lovely local cuisine and entertainment which I thought were really good. All in all, the hotel was great for us and we had a fantastic time due to the food, the drink, the staff, the service, the facilities and the weather.

Room Tip: Room 3335 is the one!
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Mike R
Dear Mike R,
Firstly, I would like to congratulate you for your wedding. It is an honor for me to learn that your honeymoon with us was fantastic. Thank you for choosing us to be part of your once-in-the-lifetime moment.
If you would like to book your room prior to your holiday, I recommend you to book directly through our website, grandmirage.com, so that you can have a chance to win romantic dinner as our Weekly Sweepstakes prize.
I am glad to welcoming you in your future holiday!

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

We had the 'all inclusive package at this hotel- has the most amazing food and service I have ever experienced in my life. The rooms are great except we had problems with our air con which were immediately addressed....I would stay there 5 nights instead of 3 next time and recommend to all my friends and family.The spa is expensive so we did not use it, but we got way more all inclusive than we ever expected. Some of the cocktails were a bit sweet but then I just did not order them.
Thanks Grand Mirage.

Room Tip: We chose a garden view room. My parents a seaview room.....They would choose garden view next time a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank Leanne H
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is good in terms of size of the rooms , the bathroom and the view. I got a deluxe room with garden view for 195$ usd for 2 days on twin sharing with breakfast. They have a good spread in the breakfast buffet and food tastes good. They have a good pool and a swim up bar. The most amazing thing about this hotel is the beach , you can sit in this area for hours. If you are a group of friends or a big family you can stay here and have fun. I found the food to be expensive so went out to have dinner and there are many places near by. We also took a water sports package from outside the hotel . They charge you around 100 usd for parasailing , turtle island , fish fly , sea walking etc. The only small problem in the hotel is that the water tastes salty and sometimes it was yellowish when I filled the bath tub. When we reached the hotel it was around 4-5 in the evening and we decided to go to the beach area and started walking towards the sea as the water was shallow and barely reached our calf , by the time it turned 6 the tides became higher and the entire area was filled with water up till our neck in no time so we had to rush back. If you have small kids just be careful.

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank YogaSafari
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 enjoyable nights here. We had a very nice suite on the top floor. Didn't go for all inclusive so pretty much never ate or drank in the resort because of the prices are incredibly high compared to anywhere else. And with good local bars and restaurants rite outside the main gate it was easy to find alternatives. The rooms dont come with dvd players if you want one you have to rent it for $10 a day!!!! I found this extraordinary given... its a 5 star resort? and.. a dvd player costs as little as $30. Also my 3 nights cost me $800 which the room was worth but no free shuttle to or from airport?? Maybe cause I didn't get all inclusive?? Dont expect early check in either its 2pm check in and thats it no questions asked we spent 2 hours in the lobby waiting.

Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Ben I,
Thank you for reviewing our resort through Trip Advisor. Kindly be advised that we were fully occupied during your period of stay, so that we could not give you early check –in. I do appreciate your tips of staying at our resort. I believe it would be useful for future travelers.

Kindly be advised we have free dvd player and a big TV available for all or guest in the games room, also clarify that the free airport shuttle is provided for our guests with minimum 4 night stay with room and breakfast, and the bonus applies for reservation via our website.
I will be glad to welcome you again!

Juan A. Sanchez, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed for a week in august 14. Room was basic-was a deluxe room. Hitel is def not a 5star western standard, a very generous 4. Hotel is large and spacious which means it's cool. The lobby is impressive but that's where it ends. The spa facilities were much more expensive than on the street. We had B and B. Breakfast was good and many people took avail. We ate in the hotel two nights and were disgusted by the food in the Italian restaurant. It was so expensive compared to out on Nusa dua stretch and the food was poor-limp watery pasta with tasteless sauce, honestly microwave meal would have been better. Beach is nice, but as it is motorised sports on it, there is a strong smell of fumes constantly. The pool was nice but didn't always get the sun and the sun loungers we're few and far between so as a result we didn't get to lay by this area once. Overall not the worst hotel iv stayed in. Location is good, but I wouldn't return to this hotel. Could do with updating. Staff very pleasant and hotel generally clean and well maintained. Our shower was cold and we asked on three occasions to have someone's look at it, this never happened. Had to bath each night which was a bit of a pain

Prices in usd, using a poor exchange rate. The small shop in the hotel tried to charge double the bar prices for bottled beer (almost three times what the shops across the street were selling at) avoid buying on the hotel to save money

Room Tip: When had a deluxe garden room. Beds were generous, shower was so cold and wasn't adjusted, asked...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank sara h
Dear Mrs. Sara H,
Thank you for taking time to review our resort in Trip Advisor. For us, our guest´s feedbacks on different hotel facilities are very important. Also it is a pleasure for us to have the opportunity to answer all the questions and issues that our guest explain through these reviews.

About our exchange rate used at the hotel, we follow the rate of Bank Indonesia, which is determined by our government. This is the same currency rate in all the hotels in Bali and also the same rate in the official website.

Regarding our Italian Restaurant “La Cascata” I would like to apologize for this happening. I have conducted a meeting with the restaurant team and we have been cross checking your comments with other guest´s comments during the same period. La Cascata, has achieved the highest score on our daily guest survey in terms of food and service. I am sorry if it did not meet your expectations.

I have noted your feedback that our staff did not come to fix your water issue, and I shared it to the respective department head. I would also like to offer my apologies for this issue, that did not help to your entire satisfaction.

I hope you can give us another chance by staying with us again and experience our true standards.

Juan A. Sanchez, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali
Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort
#6 of 30 in Tanjung Benoa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,670 reviews
Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa

Been to Grand Mirage Resort? Share your experiences!