My husband, two year old daughter and myself stayed at the hotel from the 5th until the 14th January 2010. We were very impressed with all of the staff. They were so friendly and made our stay enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel to others. We arrived very early in the morning and they were nice enough to provide us with early check-in and this allowed us all to have a rest when we got there. They even gave the three of us free breakfast that morning! Nothing was too much trouble, they even accommodated a late check-out, as we had a midnight flight. The female assistant manager was so lovely and even gave my daughter a gift of two toys when we left.
Our room was on the top floor and had a beautiful view of the ocean and the gardens. It was always clean and the staff even provided my little girl with a flower and goodnight message every night. We had very comfortable beds. The gardens were beautiful and we made good use of the pool. It was great that they had a kiddies pool and a playground right next to it! We ate at the grill a few times and the food was delicious also.
The hotel had a games room which was excellent for those with children or teenagers. It was nice to see adults using it also. There was snooker/pool tables, tennis table, Xbox/Wii/Play station, Airhockey table, lego, chess, backgammon etc... The hotel also had a kids club but we didn't use it as we didn't feel the need, but for those with slightly older children, I would recommend they use it. The hotel did provide 30 mins free internet access each day but there were only 2 computers available in the games room/business centre. We never had to wait to use it, but I would recommend getting more, especially when the hotel is full. Maybe providing free wireless internet access for use in rooms or other areas around the hotel would be an improvement. We did pay for unlimited internet access for 5 days of our trip which was at a fairly reasonable rate.
Hotel was in a good location and had many delicious restaurants nearby. As in previous reviews we also recommend La Scala as it was directly over the road from our hotel. The service is fantastic, we were offered cold towels to freshen up, free welcome drinks and a free entree. They were very efficient and meals arrived quickly. It had an excellent choice of meals catering for many different tastes. We ate there 3 times during our stay. They catered for children with a good range of meals and they even accommodated our request of a half serve at half the price. Again, very friendly staff and nothing was too much trouble.
We also ate at Bumbu Bali which was an authentic Balinese restaurant just down the road from the hotel. It was pretty pricey, especially the cocktails, but the food was delicious and the servings were huge. It also has a cooking school attached to the hotel.
The free hotel shuttle to and from the airport was excellent. The drivers were very safe and they even had seatbelts in the back which accommodated us and the car seat for our 2 year old daughter. We also used the hotel taxi service for trips into Kuta for shopping and to visit Waterbomb Park. The cost of the taxi's was fairly reasonable and again the drivers (who were locals) were good. The hotel also offered a free shuttle bus to Bali Collection, a shopping complex in Nusa Dua with a huge range of restaurants. It was a quick trip, about 10 mins each way. Thank you to all the staff at The Grand Mirage!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali is a 5 star Bali resort with a large white sandy beach right in front of the resort. With 380 rooms & suites, including new wing Family Paradise, it is set among beautifully landscaped tropical garden. Rising like a vision from the Balinese sea, it is located on the tip of Nusa Dua beach, Tanjung Benoa, Bali’s watersport center. Prime position only 20 minutes from Bali International airport, the Grand Mirage Resort is the perfect choice for a serene getaway to the Island of the Gods. Grand Mirage offers a whole new class of luxury All Inclusive and room and breakfast packages as well as an almost unlimited choices entertainment and leisure activities for adult and kids including wall climbing, adult water slide, mini water park, indoor and outdoor playground for kids. On top of it, it presents 7 world class gourmet restaurants of which one is available 24 hours, with a wide selection of food & beverage choices. Hotel guests may also enjoy the Thalasso Bali Spa and Aquamedic pool with each spa room designed with its own theme in mind, hosted by professional Spa therapists, giving the perfect relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mirage Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Resort Bali
- Grand Mirage Tanjungbenoa
- Grand Mirage Bali
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali Tanjung Benoa