“Highly recommend”

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Ireland
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel is beautiful, the foyer is just lovely , prompt check-in, very attentive and very friendly staff, everyone with a big smile on their face , great clean private beach lovely for walks. Large beautiful bedroom, large bathroom , we stayed on the 3rd floor for four days, Breakfast by the sea was great with good selection of hot and cold food. Fantastic Bali dancing show at evening Buffet dinner. Free shuttle to Discovery Mall. I would return in a heartbeat if I could! I would definitely recommend this hotel, a very relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kilpedder
gunawantjahja, Manager at Bali Tropic Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Mr. Killpedder,

We thank you very much for staying with us. It is our big proud to make satisfied while you spend the holiday with us. We are looking forward to well come you back in the near future with an other memorable experiences.

Best regards,

Gunawan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Salo, Finland
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Hotel was great and service excellent.
Great private beach. Breakfast was great and also buffet dinner.
Air conditioning was good. Spa was good.
Pool area was clean and nice.
Hotel room was huge with nice bath.

Room Tip: Bungalow room is good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harri L
gunawantjahja, Manager at Bali Tropic Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

We would like to thank you very much for staying with us. It is our pleasure to hear that you have really enjoy your stay with us. May your positive comment & experience inspire us to continue our good services for our customer in the near future.

Thanks & regards,

Coromandel Valley, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was such a beautiful resort, we enjoyed the private beach as well as having a drink in the pool. We had breakfast free with our breakfast and it had a great selection of hot a cold food. The staff are wonderful and willing to help. The rooms were big and cosy and the bathroom was huge. All in all a wonderful experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank m0ica22
gunawantjahja, Manajer at Bali Tropic Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

We thank you very much for keep staying with us, It is our pleasure to keep you satisfied. May the positive comment you have given will make us stay alert and inspire other to come & stay with us.

Looking forward to wellcome you on the next holiday.

Kind regards,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Thought the hotel was lovely. The service excellent. We tripped the fuse and shut down the power in our room by accident, they were right there to fix it. Room service was prompt and the air conditioning just right. Would go back to this hotel in a flash. They are right on the beach, we specifically asked for a room on the third floor, facing the courtyard so had no noise and the view was of the rooftops and trres, very relaxing. Would recommend anyone to ask for the same type room, third floor, facing the courtyard. Had room service several times and ate at their restaurant. Good food. The breakfast buffet was included and was very good with lots of choices.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor dacing the courtyard. We met some others who were not happy with their room...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary K
Dear Mary,

Looking forward to wellcome you on the next holiday.

Kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

For me and my freind a wonderful resort to stay. Well layed out, private and the staff are freindly. Located at beach front, a must stay for all. Facilaties well maintained, large choice of food and drinks and a large swimming pool to cool down and relax. A must stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 132Pantai
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was really enjoy my holiday last week at Bali tropic hotel. Staff was friendly, the atmosphere were cozy. the beach was good organized, guest activities program superb and I would strongly recommend this hotel to all my business partner and friends. I promise to come for my wedding anniversary late this year.

Congratulation for all staff and management team.

Room Tip: Get the royal bungalows, they were huge and nice!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Said S
Reviewed 9 March 2014

First things first, the sand is not as white as it is in the picture. However, it must have been at one point because that is a view of the hotel. I stayed in Feb/March 2014 during the end of the rainy season. When you arrive, you are greeted with a drink. They take your luggage to your room and after you check in and receive your tour, your luggage is waiting for you at your room. I stayed in the deluxe bungalow with a view of the bungalow across from me. It was a great room, except for the fact that there was no internet in the room. WiFi is ONLY available in the lobby. Everything worked and I have nothing other than the shower head to complain about. I had to scrub the shower head because the water wasn't coming out properly. The room was cleaned around 9 or 930 each morning. However, one morning I came back from my run late and hopped in the shower and the cleaning guy came into the room anyway. He stayed a few seconds and then left. They restocked the bottled water in the bathroom everyday. I used it for teeth-brushing. When I arrived, they suggested that I don't drink any tap water. The TV didn't have many channels. And only two entertainment channels. I had my iPad and an HDMI cable, I packed it just in case, to hook up to the TV so I was ok.
The food was ok. Nothing spectacular. I ate dinner there twice, on my first night they performed the traditional Balinese dance. The second night, they just played live music. However, you can catch a taxi and go anywhere, or just walk a few seconds either left or right out the gate and find a restaurant. Both times I ate there, I asked for the non-smoking section, however, it's not really separated. They sat me right next to a smoking section and we were only separated by a pillar. The couple enjoyed their cigarettes and I had to move because I am not a smoker. Breakfast is just a buffet. Pancakes, bacon, croissants, cereal, etc. The fruit should have been covered because there were gnats all over them.
I tried the massage service while there. But, you can walk outside the gate and find the same massage MUCH cheaper. At the end of my stay, I was charged twice for a service I didn't use. I spent maybe 10 minutes trying to resolve it and they admitted it was their mistake and then they removed the charge from my bill.
The hotel security will attempt to stop traffic so that you can cross the street. They will also flag a taxi for you if you need one. They recently had a crosswalk painted so that you can cross the street. However, I suggest that you use the hotel security. The cars and scooters rarely stop for pedestrians.
The beach, with it's regular looking sand, is peaceful. The loungers were always available. The beach was not lit at night though. The hotels that were nearby did have lit beaches. The pool closes at 8. But it does have a swim up bar. The water isn't cold at the beach or pool.
The hotel is nice overall, but I wouldn't stay again if I am traveling alone. This is a family hotel with the majority of clientele being a family or an old couple. I would book one of the hotels about a half mile away.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
#15 of 53 in Nusa Dua
Grand Mirage Resort
Grand Mirage Resort
#9 of 30 in Tanjung Benoa

Been to Bali Tropic Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!