On first impressions in the middle of the night my mother was rather worried by the grandiose gothic feeling of the entrance but once sunlight shifted the shadows it was a rather beautiful place with a jungle and relaxed feel. A great escape from the tirade of folk battering your senses out of the resort.
To be honest, my wife and I did not enjoy Bali as much as we enjoyed Thailand. My mother knew know different but really enjoyed the resort - she was rather smitten with its charms. I liked it but it wasn't love.
The beach let this place down - rubbish everywhere - and I mean everywhere - piled up like this sentence - hyphen after hyphen. They really ought to pick the jetsam and flotsam up first thing in the morning - hint hint.
But on the lighter side of life; the pool was excellent, Wayan and Gede (young pool bar attendant), all looked after 'Made' my wife, and I 'Komang' with genteel ease. I really enjoyed the staff - funny, attentive, and relaxed. The food was OK on the resort. I thoroughly recommend Kendi Kuning to the south along the beach.
So, all in all, pretty good - had a good time and might come back; to visit Katut again in Ubud.
PS - The Bali Hai beer is delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bali Tropic Resort & Spa is both all-inclusive & regular hotel that epitomizes the authentic Balinese architecture and style fringed by powdery white-sand and crystalline seas. It combines nature, rejuvenating spa treatments, Gymnasium, Kids club and a host of recreational activities to give guests the ultimate tropical retreat. Accommodation detail: In 2,8 hectare of land we had 150 rooms which consist of: 34 Deluxe rooms - 46 square meters 96 Deluxe bungalows - 52 square meters 14 Royal rooms - 72 square meters 6 Suite rooms - 83 square meters Food & Beverage Facilities detail : 4 Restaurants & 5 Bars a. Cempaka restaurant & Bar, Balinese & Indonesian serving lunch & dinner b. Soka Restaurant & bar, 24 hrs coffee shop serving international food & drinks c. Ratna Restaurant & bar, Grilled seafood & meats its open for lunch & dinner d. Melati lounge & Bar , Light snack & Creative cocktail bar its open for dinner e. Pool Bar, Its open from 9 am - 18 pm f. Rijasa Lobby Bar, its open from 10 am - 24 pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bali Tropic Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Tropic Hotel Nusa Dua
- Bali Tropic Resort Spa
- Bali Tropic Resort And Spa Tanjung Benoa