“Average”

Amaris Hotel Pratama Nusa Dua - Bali
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, the room was big for superior room, kind and helpful staff. But too bad the breakfast was awful, cold nasi goreng and chicken satay. In the morning the housekeeping staff knocking the door asked us whether we want our room to get cleaned or not. we told him that we didnt want to get cleaned and he said ok, and the we went out to had breakfast, we surprised when we came back to the room, our room was already cleaned. luckily our handphone, wallet, money were still there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adji A

Reviewed 24 January 2014

1.170.000 IDR for 3 night = € 23,50 per night… At first I thought it was overpriced but NO IT IS NOT
This recently build (10 months "old") hotel is simply fantastic… Kind and helpful staff and guards everywhere makes your staff unforgettable.
The hotel itself is simply fantastic… Fantastic varied breakfast from day to day.. Ask for an omelet and they shall bake it immediately, chose from several delicious dishes including
chicken, fried noodles, rice, meatballs, vegetables, toast, marmelade, serial, juice, coffee, milk, serials etc….
Great pool next to the restaurant by the way… and with great pool-chairs too
The room is even more fantastic… Spacey, very clean, big compfy bed, A/C, flatscreen TV with several international channells, great toilet- and shower-facilities, working-table, safety-box and a nice balcony with pool-view…
Water /Cold and hot are provided on each floor if you should need that at any time…. SUPER
I was about to give away my higehst score ever (10 out of 10 stars) but allow me to steel one star for the location which is not the best.. Placed some 20 minutes walk away from the Nusa Dua beach in a bit dirty suburb allthough cosy and with fantastic local people and shops for almost any needs.
I shall steel one more star because of the absolutely not working WiFi, which I value a lot, as I have to work along the road.. Get that fixed and I am sure that you shall soon be a 3-star hotel…
If you don`t have the need for working WiFi do yourself a favour and visit this fantastic place…

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Skjode
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in room 224,the service was bad especially for the cleanliness and price.in the morning housekeeping staff knocking the door for given service or cleaning the room and we ask to room attendant to come back within 10 minutes cos we have to prepare to out from the room,we went out to beach at kuta and we come back to the hotel or room after 2 hours.we getting surprise cos our room did not clean by room attendant ( late service ) and the second day some story but when we come back to the hotel our room was cleaned by room attendant but they forgot to pick up our garbage and also so many hair on floor of bathroom (not clean properly). my bad experience stayed in hotel at nusa dua bali

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I decided to stay here for a few days as hotel is brand new
I can see now why prices so cheap
Rooms are small but clean only problem is no fridge in any rooms ( take a cooler box) or buy one like I did
The hotel is good but basic the staff are great
The pool runs through the centre of hotel
So can be noisy in your room at night
Although pool closes at 6pm!!!!!
Really in Bali with still hot at night but cant swim hmmm!!!!
There is NO bar in hotel so nowhere for cold beer or cocktails
The breskfast is basic and mainly indonesian food(but they do great eggs any style)
There is a restaurant but only order basic menu and no room service and is only avaliable from 12pm-8pm
So in review its a budget hotel at its best
But only $230 per week for 2 people
And not far from beach
So if u like cheap but comfortable try it
Its not to bad

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank w_ogden72
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotel is located at the first part of Jalan Pratama in Nusa Dua Bali. It is still very new and not all the taxi driver know the location. Jalan Pratama is very long and this is the main road bring you to Benoa. You need to enter Jalan Pratama from Jalan Raya Nusa Dua in order to reach this hotel. The hotel is clean and in minimalist style. The room rate is affordable in the expensive location. This hotel is not located in the exclusive complex of Nusa Dua where all the five stars hotels are located. The hotel is just outside the Nusa Dua complex but still considered at Nusa Dua area. The lobby is an opened air lobby, which was very common in Bali. No air conditioner but you won't feel hot. A simple reception desk with very nice staffs. The hotel has free wifi in the whole area. Free shuttle to Hardy's Mall was available hourly. No sofa in lobby area, the only area to sit is at breakfast lounge which have direct access to a small swimming pool. The room is small and neat, no coffee and tea making facilities except two medium size drinking water which were compliment. Every floor has three unit of water dispenser which has hot and cold water. Bathroom amenities was nothing. Liquid soap and shampoo in dispenser. Safety box was provided inside the room, a medium size flat screen TV and amazing, the TV has more than twenty channels. The bed is soft, and every room has a small terrace just for standing, the size is so small that even can not put on a chair. Most of the rooms are facing the simple pool. Breakfast was average and the taste is just average. The choice of food is limited too. Overall this is an average hotel with good price in the expensive area of Nusa Dua.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank HARTONO T
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Maybe i'm the first guest for amaris nusa dua..hehehhehe... i stayed there 19 april 2013, only 1 night. because 20 april was my graduation day. I chose Amaris because my friend's advice, and because of its location close to BNDCC (Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center) venue of my graduation ceremony. because if i stayed in BTDC hotel it was very expensive..heheh... the room was small but clean, cause its new hotel with simple decoration. the staff friendly enough, i very like the Bfast, there were bubur, fried rice, bread.. i chose fried rice, i like it so much, I want more but I was late to my event :(
Thanks to Mr kutayasa, gave me good price and late check out :p

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Selly C
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel because it was the closest hotel to the Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center, where my organization is an exhibitor in an expo there. it was very new and was still in its promotion period. Even so, promotion price of hotels in the Island of Bali are not really fall into the cheap category. You can stay in a good hotel everywhere else in Indonesia using the price you paid for the "promotion hotel price" in Bali.

As I mentioned in the title, this hotel needs a lot of polishing to defend the Amaris brand. I know, it's still new, you can even smell the new paint. But at least they can put a senior person overseeing all those young ones at the reception desk. I can see their confusion through their eyes and body language, not to mention that the reception area was located in an open area without air conditioner, making them sweat even more. I feel sorry for them, having to familiarize themselves with all the procedures and at the same time face impatient customers. I know that you can teach a person swimming by just throwing them into the pool, but Amaris has a lot stake on the table to let it be ruined by the not so professional senior staff. Ha..

The rooms are nice, as it is new. It surprised me though, that they are so minimalist compared to the other Amaris hotels I've stayed in. All in all, Amaris Nusa Dua seemed to be designed with a dormitory in mind, with minimum paraphernalia and all rooms open to the humid air of the Nusa Dua peninsula. Perhaps this is how a Balinese architecture supposed to look like, I can never know. However it is, the room can surely use a bigger window...

Another thing that I have to mention about the room arrangement is that the management seemed to keen to use all space available and squeeze the profit out of it, at the price of the guest comfort. That's what happened to my friend that got a room right beside the kitchen with has no insulation whatsoever, enabling him to hear the cacophony of a busy kitchen up to 2 AM! My poor friend woke up early and move to other hotel in a haste, without even telling me who supposed to share a transportation with him.

The staffs, on the other hand, are enthusiastic in their services. I don't have any complain to them, very helpful even when I asked them if I can borrow iron and the ironing table (which is not standard in Indonesian hotels regardless of their affiliation), they provided it without delay. When I was finished ironing and have to run to the expo, I told the receptionist that they can take the iron as I was done using it. They took the iron alright, but not the ironing table.. was it because I forgot to mention that they can also take it? .. hehehe.. so naive.. But I like it, it showed their honesty.

The food. Excuse me for mentioning that I hate the food. Compared to their Amaris hotel cousins in Yogyakarta who also serve simple but tasty food for breakfast, theirs were like umm... can't really tell.. it's not polite.. I hope this just because they are new..

The bathroom is standard, toiletries were complete, but still, I hate the liquid soap, so I as always, bring my own soap bar.

This hotel is suitable only for those who are traveling for business and does not need comfort too much, over night or two night stays are OK, more than that you have to have something else for compensation. Do not bring your family to this kind of hotel. The security is good, but just for the sake of your happiness during your vacation, your family will complain all the time to the flight home if you put them in this hotel..

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are better, ask the one near the corners for they are closest to the hot water di...