“Super Nice Hotel!”

Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Shanghai
“Super Nice Hotel!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was spending my first night in Bali in this super nice hotel!
As it's not so big is putting you immediately in the atmosphere of the place: friendly and relaxing, super comfort.
The room had a very Balinese personality, flowers everywhere, furniture in wood, simple but stylish.
The staff of the hotel both in reception and restaurant are very very nice, helpful to arrange extra activities and give you any kind of suggestions, and of course very friendly.
The beach is not amazing and the location are in the last point of Tanjung Benoa, to reach some more places or restaurants you need to take taxi, but it's taking long.
I would suggest this hotel: comparing with others in the area has an intimate atmosphere and good value.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank eugeniamShanghai

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hungarian first
Busselton, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2013

At the end of our 3 week holiday around Bali this little gem was a treat my husband kept as a treat for me. I wish we had arrived there much earlier or at least had a couple of nights here. But that was not to be and we had just the one night. It was just a delight, the bathrooms are in need of a little up grading but the room itself was lovely, roomy and clean and that was what we were after at the end of our journey around Bali. I probably would not have thought of staying here myself but it was a treat organised by my husband and I was not going to abuse it. The breakfast was an absolute treasure - everything that I wanted was there and more. We thoroughly enjoyed that.
It was not that close to shopping but they organised a ride and we went to the most Touristy place around and I did not buy anything. That is another story. Would I stay here again - no probably not. We had had 3 weeks of Bali and as far as service and staff nothing touches Sri Ratih in Ubud.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Keza_WA
Papamoa, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This place was our favourite out of our 5 hotel stays whilst in Bali. Its on the beach front (not right in the crazy part of the watersport area but definately a good location to just stroll down the beach to explore the watersports on offer). The rooms were very clean and gave a great authentic feel and the grounds were immaculate.
We had the best service here, the pool boy (cant remember his name) was a delight, always offering to get me a sun lounger when there was none available. And Yogi in the restaurant offered great service also, even when we got rowdy one evening.
The breakfast is al-a-carte which was a nice change. The food was overall good. Great value for the $150NZ we paid per night!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank FrancesJH
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Bali Reef Resort is almost the last resort on the Jalan Pratama road and has a tiny piece of private beach in front of the hotel. Rooms are clean and the resort offers extended services (movies, tv channels, mini-bar etc.) in every room.
There's wi-fi all around, so if you bring your laptop you can have a connection whilst in your room.

My parter and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our Asian trip, and we concluded that it's okay for a few days, but this wouldn't be a resort we would want to hang round for too long.

When we were there beginning November, the resort was full with German and Russian middle-aged couples. The menu-card also firstly displays dishes in German, which seems like a bit of a joke. Not really our taste.

Food is average, you better have a look around as there're many restaurant in close reach who provide excellent Balinese and Indonesian food.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Johanna S
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 3 July 2011

great vacation!
we spended 2 beautiful weaks on the island of gods, in lovely hotel, with nice staff,very good breakfast and great tomato soup:)
would love to go back asap!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank RockysManager
Batemans Bay, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2011

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of a trip to Bali and felt we got very good value for money. We also picked this resort based on the ratings and the price we got from wotif online.

When we arrived the team member who greeted us was really wonderful and so friendly and the walk down to our bungalow through the gardens at twilight showed off the lovely gardens. I had concerns that our bungalow was right beside the pool and very close to the restaurant - I am a light sleeper and thought it might be too noisy. But I neednt have worried - the bungalows are quiet and this is not a 'party resort' so the guidelines about noise and consideration are followed by all guests. We were the only Aussies at the resort - all other guests were German. The staff should be congratulated for their excellent efforts in both German and English and their willingness to educate us on some basic Balinese.

I can see why this resort is rated so highly by travellers - Its small and has a cosier feel about it and the nights we ate in the restaurant the food was good (drinks are pricey) and team led by Yoghi are very nice and accomodating. There was a quartet there on two of the night we were there and they were really fun and they kept us in the restaurant for much longer than we would have planned with their sometimes goofy renditions of well known songs.

I would reccomend this resort to older couples (well we are in our 40's but isnt that the new 30's) - who are looking for an experience away from the large chain resorts, who are seeking a quieter atmosphere and appreciate the effort made by the whole team to remember your name and accomodate your needs.

We ate at Cardoman restaurant three to four times while in Tanjung Benoa - the food and value was good (cheaper than the restaurant at the resort). I can see why its rated so highly in restaurant reveiws on Trip Advisor. The only drawback I felt was the quality of the food on the last time we at there was not as good - there was a new chef working - still good just not quite as good.

We also had need of a dentist when here and went to Nusa Dua Clinic at 91 Pratama Street the dentist Dr Ritje was great - actually my partner returned the next day and had 8 filings done for much much cheaper than Australia prices (our teeth cleaning on our first visit was around $48aud and each filing cost around $45 each). Dr Ritje has trained in Australia and speaks excellent english.

We also used the spa services at Rejuventate spa over the road (beside Paul Smith store)from the resort and wow ladies get the manicure and pedicure - never had better in Australia and while you can find cheaper at the dozens of spas along the street the work done there is second to none.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank caite64
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We picked this one based on TripAdvisor's rating and weren't disappointed. The bungalows are good, clean and while they need some updating, it's not really a big issue. People working there are very friendly and try to accommodate your requests - we were pleasantly surprised with how they handled a couple of issues we had. The restaurant serves a good variety of great food at decent prices, so it's possible to eat there all the time if you don't want to go to town. The biggest issue with the restaurant is lack of proper non-smoking areas, since it's relatively small, it's impossible to sit far enough from smokers, so you always get smoke on you. During our stay this started at breakfast (7 am) and never stopped, so that would be one area of concern for me. Overall it's nice and quiet, so a good spot to relax and explore the rest of the island from.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family