We stayed in this hotel last year and following that pleasant stay we decided to book our honeymoon here this year. We booked for our guests as well and all in all we had 40+ hotel nights booked in the Bali Khama.
The package that was agreed upon with the sales last year incorporated transport for the bride & groom from the airport to the hotel (vv). However, since then we booked more rooms and taking in account the large amount of business that we brought to the hotel (which was mostly empty during our stay) we had hoped that the Management would be willing to provide us with one extra car to transport our guests from the airport to the hotel vv as part of their service. This "logistic excercise" was actually only one trip to pick up 4 family members on arrival and bring them back on departure. Despite numerous emails and a meeting with the hotel "management" (actually only the Property Manager and the Accounting Manager, because the General manager was "on a holiday") these "Managers" were unable to take a decision to provide the transportation for free - and insisted that we would need to pay an additional USD 50. For us this was not the issue of the (small) amount of money, but the principle that bringing in a big group would have warranted a better service. This free transportation would have been a nice way to say thank you for bringing in a large amount of business and saying sorry for the ongoing restoration of the restaurant & the Spa - which we found out after paying.
Apart from this negative point, the rest of our stay in this hotel was very pleasurable. It was very quiet. The gardens are beautiful, the swimming pools are gorgeous and we were treated to a nice surprise when we found our room transformed with candles on our wedding night.
The hotel is situated near the road (on one side) which makes for an easy stroll and find lots of places to eat, and the sea (on the other side). The beach is nice with half protected by trees (shadow!) and the part near the water open, so kids can play to their delight. The water starts off shallow and gets only deeper that one meter about 25 meters off the beach (depending on tide), so quite suitable for younger kids to play - supervised by adult though. The deepest the water gets is 3 meter, but that is 100 meter off the beach. The location is not really interesting for snorkeling as it is a sandy bottom, with patches of seaweed. There is a deep swimming pool and a shallow pool for the younger kids, which can both be easily supervised from the beach as well.
Breakfast is standard but part of the menu changes each morning, which gives a reasonable variation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bali Khama Resort and Spa presents 24 private pool villas, 10 studio suites and 26 deluxe garden. Sit back and enjoy seafood medley at our beach front located Amarta Restaurant. Relax and refresh your body at Mahalaya Spa. Enjoy the sun at our pool with pool bar. A multi-function meeting room designed for leisure meeting. The Bali Khama Resort and Spa located in Tanjung Benoa which is famous for water sports activities. 30 minutes from Ngurah Rai International Airport and we have pick up service with additional charge. 10 minutes drive to Bali Collection Mal at Nusa Dua and there shuttle service with fixed schedule. It's just 35 minutes drive to Uluwatu Temple and 25 minutes to Garuda Wisnu Kencana and Jimbaran. By walking you can find many local restaurant and shop around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Bali Khama Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bali Khama Beach Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- The Bali Khama Beach Resort And Spa
- Bali Khama Beach Hotel
- The Bali Khama Beach Resort & Spa Tanjung Benoa