“Very disappointing given the price”

The Coach and Horses
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kew
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed at this establishment a number of nights during a business trip.
I will start with the positives :
* nice restaurant, good breakfast
* good wifi connection

On the downside :
1. no soundproofing to speak of between rooms
2. sub-standard level of cleaning, if any; the bathroom practically never got cleaned (stains, hairs etc which remained evident day after day); the only thing which got changed were the towels.

The most disappointing aspect of the service is that no-one seemed too fussed as there was no follow up on the issues encountered.

Quite expensive for the standard of rooms (the bathrooms look particularly old) and service, though I would exclude the restaurant staff from this remark.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Spent a week at the Coach and Horses for my birthday with my wife and son and had a fantastic time. My wife and I stayed in a big room and were made to feel very welcome by all the staff. The room was very clean and well presented. Our son's room was also very well presented. The breakfast selection was very good. I cannot eat gluten and the hotel was very accommodating and understood my needs. The only negative is that they didn't have any gluten free bread, which is a constant problem with hotels. I always carry my own bread with me just in case but it would be really nice if hotels, and the Coach and Horses, made the effort (especially when given notice). Anyway moan over! We did have a fantastic time and time in the bar is always good due to the atmosphere. The location overlooking Kew Green is also good to look over, or walk around, down to the river, or visit some of the other pubs around the Green.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 101, which is a large room with disabled facilities.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KeithWiltshire_UK
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

One of my most memorable afternoons. They have a great selection of beer and the food is amazing as well more importantly though the outside seating as well as the library makes you want to move here. The appetizers were excellent and the crab cakes fantastic as well.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here 11th/13th November. The rooms are large and well maintained. The bar and restaurant served great food and drinks. The service was friendly and efficient. Great to have on site parking. Overall a first class experience. We will definately stay again.

Terry & Sharon Synnott

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Charming pub, w/ food served in the bar & restaurant. Good size portions, well seasoned cooking and - if you can get one of the two tables - a fascinating view of the kitchen & their finishing touches!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank W13_and_beyond
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had to go to a funeral Kew, and I had never been there before; so I did my normal Trip Advisor / Hotels.com search and fairly randomly chose the Coach and Horses; my wife and I expected the normal style small English pub hotel experience, so we booked a twin room, because we don't like the tiny, bouncy double beds that are normally associated with accommodations like these.
When we arrived, we could immediately see that the interior had been very recently re-done, and it was very well done. Our hostess who checked us in, Pippa I believe, was extremely pleasant, not to mention having a really great sense of humour! We were instantly made to feel very welcome. On our way to our room we saw into a double room.....oh how wrong we were! King size beds, spacious rooms and well appointed.
Our stay was very good. If you find your self staying in Kew, the C&H is the place to stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Came to London for a funeral and needed to stay over. This was nearest to where we needed to be. What a lovely hotel - lovely modern room, comfy beds, huge fluffy towels, everything we needed. Very friendly manager and very attentive staff. We had lunch there when we arrived and an evening meal after the funeral party. The restaurant is lovely and the food and service wonderful. Breakfast the next day was excellent too with more choice of food than I have seen in a long time. All in all we wouldn't hesitate to return - hopefully not for the same reason though!

Room Tip: All I can say is we had room. 211 - on the side, double glazed, very peaceful
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kew
Kew Gardens Hotel
Urban Villa Hotel
Urban Villa Hotel
#1 of 7 in Brentford
Travelodge London Kew Bridge

Been to The Coach and Horses? Share your experiences!