Since my husband and I had never been to Rarotonga before deciding to get married there, we did a lot of searching beforehand to find the perfect place for our wedding. After a suggestion from a friend, we settled on Palm Grove which turned out to be a fabulous choice. Not only does Palm Grove have the best beachfront location on the island for a wedding, the staff go above and beyond to make sure that everything goes smoothly on your big day. Hair and nail appointments were made before we arrived and we were whisked everywhere by Jo-Anne to take care of the details such as flowers, the license, etc. when we arrived. A local photographer took some amazing pictures (see below!) The back room of the Yellow Hibiscus was set up beautifully for the reception with local flowers and greenery and we were very impressed especially with the selection of salads on the buffet. There were a lot of local specialties that really gave it an island feel.
We reserved a deluxe garden room for ourselves and really enjoyed looking out towards the mountains in the background each evening. The rooms were not fancy, but were clean and well taken care of and included a kitchenette which was handy. Also, if you're planning a wedding and you have a few people coming with you, ask about the house rentals that they manage. There is an amazing house just across the street that my mom rented that was the perfect place for everyone to gather.
What we really loved about Palm Grove was that it wasn't a fancy resort where you're just another guest; you really get the sense that you are a part of the family. Our sincere thanks to Betsy, Jo-Anne, Mata, and the rest of the staff who made our wedding one to remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the enchanting area of Vaimaanga on the stunning southern coast, Palm Grove enjoys the tranquility of one of the best locations on Rarotonga. 26 individual bungalows are scattered over 5 acres of landscaped beachfront and garden property. Bungalows are available in studio to 3-bedroom layout and feature kingsize beds, kitchen facilities, aircon, flatscreen TV, and private patio/balcony. Property amenities include our onsite restaurant and bar, swimming pool, guest BBQ, laundry facility, tour desk, and motorbike rentals. All guests receive complimentary daily tropical breakfast buffet and use of kayaks, snorkel equipment, beach chairs and beach towels. Welcome to Palm Grove, your private piece of paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Palm Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Grove Hotel Vaimaanga
- Palm Grove Rarotonga, Cook Islands