We stayed in a beachfront Matenga bungalow; just 20 steps to the pristine water of the lagoon. How delightful to hear the sounds of water and the wind blowing through the palms at night. Most relaxing. The resort restaurant, The Yellow Hibiscus, served the most delicious meals at moderate prices. Breakfasts were included in the room rate and the local paw paw was something to die for. We have not found such sweet and tasty paw paw elsewhere, even in tropical Australia. We found the location of Palm Grove on the southern coast of Rarotonga amongst the best on the island. The Cook Islands have become our favourite holiday destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the enchanting area of Vaimaanga on the stunning southern coast, Palm Grove enjoys the tranquility of one of the best locations on Rarotonga. 26 individual bungalows are scattered over 5 acres of landscaped beachfront and garden property. Bungalows are available in studio to 3-bedroom layout and feature kingsize beds, kitchen facilities, aircon, flatscreen TV, and private patio/balcony. Property amenities include our onsite restaurant and bar, swimming pool, guest BBQ, laundry facility, tour desk, and motorbike rentals. All guests receive complimentary daily tropical breakfast buffet and use of kayaks, snorkel equipment, beach chairs and beach towels. Welcome to Palm Grove, your private piece of paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Palm Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Grove Hotel Vaimaanga
- Palm Grove Rarotonga, Cook Islands