“Good location, but too mosquitos and the beach is not clean”

Eraclea Minoa Village
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Good:
- You sleep in the wildlife, you open your tent and watch the sea
- Under the pin forest (brings freshness)
- Good price for value

Bad:
- Tiger Mosquitos: it's full night and day. In the day they wait for you in the showers or in the courtyard of the bar. Be ready to kill some!
- The beach is not very clean, you can see sigarette butts and other litter in the sand.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 June 2014

After visiting many noisy, very touristic places and dirty, commercial beaches, we were very happy to find this relaxing, peaceful spot. Yes, brakfast was small, but this is Italian style. Instead You have quiet and sandy beach, small forest and the best restaurant we visit in Sicily - Garibaldi Trattoria. It is located directly at the sea, sport walk at moonlight from the village and serves beutiful mussels, fish and many more. Real simple but high profile cusine. Generally, our staying in that village was a highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Magdax288
Reviewed 27 March 2014

10 meters from the sea, under the trees ,a roman theatre , from cliffs made of "gesso" ,and minerals ...
of course mosquitos but you are in Sicily , not in Antarctica !make sure they don't go into the tent

Room Tip: put your closest to the cliffs
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank selcuk a
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband, two year old daughter and I visited Eraclea Minoa Village to stay in one of their bungalow rooms for a Saturday-Monday trip.

The location was easy to find and the "camping" village was closed to patrons only - wrist bands were issued. Our room was cozy with a delightfully beautiful view of the ocean through the trees. Cliffs behind you and the ocean in front - you can't go wrong.

We parked our car in front of our room and didn't drive it again until we left. There is a small grocery/camping market on the grounds, a bar, and a pizzeria with a fire brick oven. There was a larger grocer about a five minute walk off the compound. There were several lidos within a 5-10 minute walk each with restaurants. Staff was polite and helpful and everything was clean.

The bathrooms in each of the bungalows of a hole in the ceiling for ventilation - however, this is an invitation for mosquitos - if you keep the door shot to the bathroom, your room stays cooler and the bugs don't get in (we had friends that told us about this prior to going).

My only complaint is that it stormed on our second day there and we didn't want to leave but the storms were getting worse so we decided to head home early - we paid cash in full at the beginning of the trip (on one friends recommendation); however, when it came time to check out, they did not refund us for the night that we had paid for but were not going to use because they didn't have enough cash on hand (or I think that's what they meant with my limited Italian). A different friend that has stayed there before and had the rain happen, said to just pay with credit card. If you leave early they make you pay in cash but do not run your card at that point.

We will definitely be going back even if just for a couple of nights again - it was beautiful and relaxing - very enjoyable!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bwelch8565
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Good:
- Open your tent and watch the sea
- Under the pin forest (brings freshness)
- People working there are helpful.
- Very good Pizza and Convenient Store.
- Good price for value

Bad:
- No electricity unless you stay close to the bar (and in this case forget about privacy, calmness and sea view). But since it's full of mosquitos it might be a good thing ;).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I love this campsite having stayed there a few years ago. The beach is fantastic, the tent pitches are all in the shade of pine/eucalyptus trees and there are beautiful ruins on the clifftop above, with a couple of decent restaurants at the other end of the beach. A perfect beach-campsite. The problem I had this time round was that the campsite turns out to be closed for winter until Easter 2013, despite having year-round prices on its website and a telephone number for winter months in my Rough Guide. Not sure why they think it's a good idea to close when it's a perfect 28 degrees in early October either! Never mind, I'll try again at some point in the future as it's an amazing spot....

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ScoundrelDays
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have been there for a couple of nights (a weekend) in a bungalow.
I was worried because I read some (italians) bad reviews of the place.
Well, I am Italian as well and I can say they do not represent my experience.

Staff was polite and ready to help.
The bungalow was renewed, clean and the air conditioner worked perfectly. My opinion of services offered to camping guests is that they seemed good as well (I plan to come for a camping stay in the future).
Breakfast offered a choice of croissant, bred, jam, nutella, coffee, cappuccino, milk and tea. More than enough for me and my family. After all, everything should be compared to the price you pay for. I think that's ok.

We particularly appreciated the pizzeria. I am Italian and I am used to good pizza, if I say that's good you can believe it is.

The beach is not very clean and sometimes a little bit too crowd for me but there are very beautiful places within minutes of car drive:
1) Torre Salsa
2) Foce del Fiume Platani

These natural reserves offer kilometers of beaches with only a few people even on sunday.
They are worth any travel. Simply wonderful places!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Villa Romana Hotel
#1 of 3 in Porto Empedocle
Antica Perla Residence Hotel
Capo dei Greci Taormina Coast - Resort Hotel & Spa
Capo dei Greci Taormina Coast - ...
#2 of 7 in Sant' Alessio Siculo
Eden Village Premium Sikania Resort & SPA
Calapetra Resort
Calapetra Resort
#5 of 7 in Fontane Bianche

Been to Eraclea Minoa Village? Share your experiences!