Kiviks Hotell
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrecommend this placecourse dinnerdouble roomspa treatmentsthe kitchenvegetarianjacuzzigemquestionsalternativesseaminimumpackagegardentasteappletable
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is beautifully located with a really nice garden overlooking the old village, port and shoreline. The hotel itself has a new and an old part. Rooms in the newer part are naturally more modern with a balcony but a bit sterile. The rooms in the older part are charming but you can tell from the materials and furnishing that the level of ambition when they were last renovated left a bit to be desired. Staff was generally very helpful and friendly, special mention for Ingrid in the reception. Food in the restaurant is very good, which also goes for the well-appointed breakfast. Having said all this, I feel Kiviks Hotell is a gem that needs some more polishing to become a great hotel. It can be done, though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed at Kivik Hotel the summer of 2013. The staff was very nice with us. The helped us, without hesitation when we got into some problems. The food was good, and the winelist was OK. Kivik Hotel is Perfect for investigation the region of Österlen, and there are great opportunities for hiking. And the seawiev form the room. Great!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Kivik hotel tries hard, and succeeds quite well, but chrashes and burns on occasion. We didn't try The spa, so I have no idea of the quality there. The hotel is beautifully situated in Kivik with a great view of the ocean. It has a beautiful garden with nice sitting areas.
We stayed for one night in a room with view over the park. The room was small but nice. The bathroom is also nice but the shower is too small, so I got the shower curtain clinging to the body all the time. Another failure is that the shower is not built so that the water goes down the drain. Instead it stays on the tiles.
We ate at the restaurant that night. High ambitions on the food! But the kitchen had problems with the tempo. Even though the restaurant only was half full, we had to wait so long that the waitress offered complimentary coffee. A cup of coffee that was useless as it tasted nothing. The food was good and the service nice and friendly, but again, in the main course they failed with the steak, which was cold and over cooked.
So, they try hard to be top class, but can't really reach it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

This is a lovely place. Staff is very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Kivik hotel was perfect for our ventures around Osterlen. The location cannot be better with its fantastic seaview. We stayed for three nights, exploring the area during the days and relaxing in the brand new spa in the evenings. Food was really good, although service could have been a bit quicker. We would def stay here again. // Kate and Mike, UK

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bluewater012
Reviewed 3 September 2009

My husband and I arrived here on a Wednesday night, we had booked the romantic package and when we arrived at our room, it was big, nicely furnitured and very welcoming with the bath robes and slippers laid out on the bed and a big tray of fruits, chocolate and a small bottle of cava in a wine cooler, right next to a freshly picked bouquet of flowers! Nice!

However - the negative bits:
The jacuzzi for two did not work. They explained, when we asked, that it was going to be fixed later but when I questioned about the stay before booking, they assured me that it WOULD be fixed when we arrived. Now... Call me boring - but sitting in a chair watching your spouse take a bubble bath isn't my idea of romantic and it was stricly a one-person-bath tub. (Not really a jacuzzi, but a bubble bath. In case you're picky.)
We also didn't get a double bed in our double room, but two separate beds placed together. Not really the ideal for a couple on a romantic trip - but ok, we survived. ;)

The room was clean and very spacious, but the balcony hadn't been cleaned as there was a cigar butt and a few matches on the table. (Not in a tray or anything. Pretty gross - which isn't the personels fault of course.)
There was also a bouquet of flowers in the hallway that had gone bad. Not a big thing, but a detail that disturbed the otherwise clean and neat impression.

Now, the massage was fab. The SPA-lady was amazingly sweet and skillful. I'd recommend a massage to anyone, and I am really wanting to go back for another SPA visit.
The restaurant staff were amazing. We asked if we could sit outside - and they made a table with linens and all, just for us - and the service was impeccable!
Very helpful and kind staff, who seemed to have all the time in the world for us and our questions.
Good food too - although it was on the salty side for me. (I'm a vegetarian and it's something I'm used to, as it seems to be tricky for a lot of chefs to get the nice taste without tons of salt. *smiles*)
My DH however, enjoyed every last bite of his (more traditional) food. And the apple pie was deeeelicious!

The hotel wasn't as close to the sea as I was lead to believe, and it's a rather steep hill (don't wear high heels unless you're a brilliant balance artist) but it's a very pleasant walk so it's no big deal. Also - there's a lot to see near by. The statue of Fritiof Nilsson Piraten for one. And don't miss Buhre's and their fab smoked fish!

I also recommend that you ask for the hotel rooms with the sea view balcony, as they were amazingly nice, big and the balconies are a great addition to them. Just be aware that the dividers between the balconies doesn't stretch all the way between them - there are gaps so you won't be as secluded as you might like.

Anyhow - all in all, I liked this place a lot and I'd love to go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple