“Good coffee worth the visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Mangawhai
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland, New Zealand
“Good coffee worth the visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Good coffee and food, definitely worth the stopover for half an hour. Heater is on go warm up a cold winter day.

Mangawhai, Northland, New Zealand
“A Great little Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I live in Mangawhai and I have only recently been to the Sandbar cafe at the heads, Jst about everything on the menu is great and as a chip/Fries lover I have to say these are the best I have ever tasted. It is now my regular haunt when ever I want a lunch and the occasional Dinner out.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tony C
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A jewel in Mangawhai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Friendly, professional service. Good wine selection and the best venison we have had for a long time. Pleasant ambience and nice visual relationship to kitchen.

• Visited April 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Amazing burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We did the Mangawhai Cliff Top walk over Easter and built us a great hunger on the way. Having seen Waipu Cove we weren't expecting Mangawhai to have much more to it but were pleasantly surprised to see quite a few shops and cafes.

Using our trusty Tripadvisor app we found the Sandbar. It didn't look like too much from outside but has plenty of outdoor seating which is nice. Once you're inside you immediately get the feeling that the food is going to be good as they have various cakes, salads, quiche and sandwiches already prepared that look great.

We had the wagu beef burgers and they were two of the biggest burgers that you'll ever see. It might be the only burger I've ever had to eat with my knife and fork and given the size of my mouth it was surprising! Along with the beetroot relish it was superb. We actually saw someone order a double burger which was almost as big as the 12 burger that one of my workmates ordered from Wendy's the other day (if Wendy's wasn't bad enough!). We also washed it Sawmill Pilsner which was probably the best beer I've had since moving to New Zealand two years ago and that's quite an accolade in a country famed for brewing.

Anyway, you can't go wrong with this place. Pay it a visit it you're in Mangawhai.

• Visited April 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Service and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Absolutely the best place to go for breakfast/brunch. Young staff on duty were brilliant and had the best Caesars salad I've eaten in New Zealand (took me back to the 80's and living in LA). The French Toast also superb and value for money to boot!

Visited January 2014