“Lovely pleasant stay in a friendly welcoming establishment” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osterley Lodge

Osterley Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake
Osterley Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Lake B&B and Inns
Poole, United Kingdom
“Lovely pleasant stay in a friendly welcoming establishment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

I have recently returned from a lovely relaxing, pleasant stay at Osterley Lodge. For the rating of the guest house I found the accommdation to be of high standards with friendly, welcoming staff. Travelling on my own I found the location to be ideal with a nice easy access carpark and on a direct bus route to all main resorts as well as the "city". I will definetely be returing and would not hestiate to recommend this guest house to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

Well what can I say? Arrived to a half frosty reception due to informing the "landlady" that I couldn't contact her on our estimated time of arrival due to the phone not connecting to her number in which I got the response "Well it sounds fine to me.". Secondly we were shown our room & told to read the Filofax no welcome or "How was your journey down?" nothing... Rooms were pleasant but shower was awful for a 4 star B&B... No mention of lack of water pressure & shower fluxuating in temperature which was rather frustrating... Breakfast... Well you had cereals & yoghurt as well as juices & tined prunes & pineapple with orange as well as juices which was nice but when deciding what to have on the menu, you had three choices (Full English - sausage, bacon & egg with either mushroom, tomato or fried bread no option of beans.. Smoked Haddock, Scrambled egg on toast with only the one egg & one piece of toast. Crossaints - tasted like bread rolls that have just been twosted to a crossaints shape &warmed in the oven. You were also offered tea & coffee as well as complimentary toast which was nice in either Brown or White bread. Personally I feel the whole service could have been more friendly & welcoming; the landlady refused to speak to us or another youngish couple & only spoke to a couple who seemed about her own age which I found quite appalling as we were all PAYING guests. Another matter that was quite upsetting is that the landlady never once asked how we were enjoying our HOLIDAY & wasn't even present when we were to drop our keys off upon checking out. I will definately stay clear of Osterley Lodge in future as well as tell everyone of my poor experience. I'm sorry but I have stayed in better more friendly two star hotels than here. Oh & I forgot to mention... The bathroom was smaller than a aeroplane toilet... no room to move around at all!

• Stayed July 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank YoungBookers
osterlyelodgeiw, Owner at Osterley Lodge, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Guests are requested to let us know their time of arrival the day before in their confirmation letter. People stay here for all sorts of reasons: visiting sick/ elderly relatives/family, to attend a funeral, to visit someone in prison, to recover frpm a bereavement/trauma, to look for a property etc etc. .I would never assume that anyone is on holiday unless they say so. Scrambled eggs are always served as two free range Island produced eggs. Full Englieh breakfast always consists of five items which are changed daily. Guests are requested to read their guest information file and emergency notices when they are shown to their room. This explains that water pressure generally on the Island is low, and asks guests to ring the reception bell for attention when they check out as I am usually still clearing up from breakfast when they go. We cannot change the size of our rooms.
Sutton, Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

We had two rooms, a double with en-suite and a twin with shower room down the hall. Good sized rooms, clean comfy beds. Stairs and breakfast room all clean. Breakfast was good but slow service. No option given for an early breakfast for day of travel if on an early ferry. If you have a very big car arrive early from eating out and park to the side in the drive as if all rooms full would be difficult to find space. Can easily get 6 cars of average size in drive. Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JuliePotter
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

Not located in the main tourist towns so lovely and peaceful. There are excellent transport links, regular buses and just a short walk to the railway. Beaches can be accessed via littlestairs. There are good takeaways nearby. The hotel is clean and excellent value.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Catcor76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake
Premier Inn Isle of Wight Sandown (Merrie Gardens)
Lorron Hotel
Lorron Hotel
#20 of 30 in Sandown

Been to Osterley Lodge? Share your experiences!