“The worst Turkey has to offer”

Seahorse Deluxe Hotel
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Altinkum
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“The worst Turkey has to offer”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked this as it was allegedly a 5 star accomodation and the website made it sound attractive. How I wish I had checked Trip Advisor first!
If anyone who manages a hotel thinks the best thing to do when most visitors are from Britain is to put staff on Reception who cannot speak English then they should be prepared for the disastrous review that will ultimately follow.
Room- Swinging a mouse, let alone a cat in what they call Promo Rooms is an impossibility, with or without the bed folded up into the wall!
Breakfast - Asked for English but got Turkish Breakfast (meat, cheese and omlette) Overpriced and last time I ate in hotel.
Cleaning - Done when asked but only every three days. ran out of toilet roll and had to ask for replenishment.
Information - As previously mentioned Reception Staff unable to speak much English but little or no information able to be provided by hotel (bus times, prices, directions to beach, area maps). I was told to ask almost anything at the nearby Mini Market store who obvisouly double up as the local tourist information centre.
This hotel was apparently built on Military land which caused problems when it came to selling Duplexes etc. to tourists as the require habitation certification could not be granted. Management change almost annually whilst the Turkish owner with his boys toys and fast cars lives the millionaire lifestyle and was no-where to be found. (these facts were obtained from locals whose eyes rolled towards the sky when you told them where you were staying)
Final insult.....check out day was told they had not been paid by the Turkish Agent who had been paid by the UK travel agent....so they wanted to be paid again by me. Needless to say you can imagine my repsonse! I advised the manageress on duty (who suddenly appeared having been almost invisible all week) the finer points of how to manage a business and that did NOT include asking a customer with a receipt and voucher for accomodation which was presented on checking in to pay again at the point of checking out! She seemed to miss the point I was making when I told her that if it was my business in the UK and a guest from Turkey had presented a receipt and voucher to me, if I had not been paid it would be the agent I was contacting and pestering NOT the guest! Hey ho.
Avoid like the plague. Places like this should be closed down to prevent giving Turkey a bad name! Enjoyed the holiday despite the incompetence of this place!

Room Tip: Under NO circumstances book a PROMO ROOM! Any other room I cannot comment on but buyer beware!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
14 Thank David B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Worst hotel in Turkey, Firstly your hit with the odour of raw sewage, then you realise the bathroom is filthy, toilet soiled, tide marks on the bath, shower hanging off wall with bare wires showing. The kitchen area, cooker coated in grease, no plates, cups, cutlery and no kettle, fridge cable not long enough to reach the socket. tv broken, stains on the walls, dirty bedding coated in make up, grotty matresses, only 1 cotton flat sheet, so no blankets. patio furniture filthy and also broken.
The pictures on all the sites do not represent the one let to paying guests those are appartments for sale only. We got shown around 6 rooms and all equally filthy so took our cases and went in search of alternative accommodation as we couldn't stay in that hell hole for more than 1 hour!
If your thinking of booking here think again, its not worth wasting your money to stay in a filthy run down squat, you get no care or sign of interest from the management and advertising 5 star accommodation they missed the minus off, I'd rate the place -100 at best

Room Tip: go somewhere else not seahorse deluxe
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
13 Thank Paul M

Travellers are raving about these Altinkum hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner booked before looking at reviews and just decided not to cancel. Biggest mistake of my life. We arrive late at night and was hungry, they ordered a pizza from the local pizza place. We pays 20 lira for this pizza for it to come and have a menu of only 10lira with free delivery. Some members of staff was lovely but in the 10 days we stayed there 3 of them quit there job due to disagreements with managements and customer complaints as they was embarrassed to be working in such a horrible hotel. We ate in the restaurant one night and couldn't believe the prices. We assumed it would be in lira so ordered our meal and it came to something like 170 lira for the two of us. It was £6 for just a burger with no chips or sides. That was the last time we ate there and I wouldn't advise anyone to go there ever. I haven't got a good word to say about the place

• Stayed June 2013
14 Thank Shannonjean1
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

DO NOT GO!!!! worst hotel i have ever been to! there is to much wrong with this place for me to list, i wouldn't have the time to sit here and write how awful my experience was. Me and my other half went for a romantic relaxing holiday and its NOT what we got at all! If your going and your thinking "well... we have already booked it now, just because everyone else didn't like it we might" please cancel! I am saving you so much money and hassle and you will thank me when you have gone to Spain or Italy instead.THREE! members of staff! and only one who spoke English! and he was extremely rude and intrusive anyway. We stayed two weeks and we didn't have our room cleaned once! not even clean bed sheets.My boyfriend found sharp piece of plastic in his food and when we told them they said to quote 'what can we do about it, its not our fault' Our bed was broken and when we overturned the mattress we saw that the bed frame was in fact half a cupboard door with nails and screws still attached. It sounds like i am being dramatic and to be honest i wish i was because i cant think of one good thing about this place! The food was disgusting, my dad is middle eastern so i knew what middle eastern food should taste like and it did not do it justice what so ever. Please listen to my advice and cancel! I want you to have a nice holiday and spend your hard earned money elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
30 Thank Robyn T
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed September 2013.. having read all the reviews that appeared 2 weeks prior to us travelling we went prepared with our cockroach spray and cleaning products, both of which we had to use. We prepared ourselves for our stay in studio apartment having learned everyone had to pay for an upgrade, we chose not to and managed to stick it out. We had a fold up bed which had to be put up every morning so we could walk round the room. Underneath were all the dead cockroaches. Shower room was smelly and sink rather small, shelf had to be removed each time to wash face or brush teeth. On arrival we were asked to upgrade for an extra £200 for the week of which we had chosen not to. Others we spoke to did upgrade and didn't get anything better than we had. We didn't eat in the restaurant as it didn't look the cleanest of places and the guys there did their best to sell it to us. A few nice restaurants down the road from the place.

On a plus side we did get all the cooking utensils we asked for, we did get clean towels without having to ask but the bed linen left a lot to be desired. The place did have a lovely pool and the poolside was kept clean and tidy. And our neighbours did have a lovely Jacuzzi bathroom to their apartment.

The dolmus bus passed the end of the road every 15 minutes which was great but the standing joke on the bus was the Seahorse Hotel...

We had a nice break in Turkey but it certainly wasn't due to the Seahorse, do yourselves a big favour and don't book this place....

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
14 Thank Sherdo
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Please save your hard earned money and do not book into this 1 star accommodation. I wonder why it's holiday booking season and all the shocking reviews about this hotel have been removed. My experience of this hotel dirty rooms, soiled bedding, room not as booked, 15 lire extra per night for air conditioning, rude staff could go on. Booked with on the beach who are not helping me in the slightest to get a refund. Passing on emails to the hotel who are replying with emails of events which are made up and totally untrue. I hope by my review I can help people not to make a BIG mistake like I did and they don't go on to have the appalling holiday I had.

Stayed August 2013