“Absolute dive!”

Didim Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Altinkum
“Absolute dive!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks. No air con for the duration on the stay, not balcony or terrace as specified, window didn't stay open so room was like a sauna!!! Got food poisoning from the hotel and ended up in hospital on a drip. Staff are rude and ignorant and all in all the hotel is not worth a tenth of what they charge. If you value your health you'll stay away!!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2012

On reading other people reviews, I had to put mine on THIS HOTEL AND THIS HOLIDAY IS AMAZING, it is our 1st time to Turkey and all inclusive, visited 18 June for two weeks me my husband and son 8 loved it, Staff lovley, Hotel a 5 star, rooms clean and tidy, NO ISSUES what so ever, I suggest any one due to visit see it for your self DO NOT LISTEN TO OTHERS ! I did the mistake of looking and caused my self a lot of stress for no reason ! Lovley Place, not saying there was not issues just some folk like to over dramatise it !!

Pool is very busy there is over 1500 guests what do you expect !
Beds yes to get one you have to get up early so what !
Food OMG you are in Turkey food fine lots for every one even the fussy eater like me and my son !
repairs Yes but nothing on here to show how quick things were resovled, no issues
Animation Team they try there best and if you join in you will be keeped busy !
Kids Club My son loved it and the staff were 2nd to none....
Room lovely clean and fresh room service EVERY DAY !!
Reception staff really nice apart from if the normal English go shouting at them they will try help but if someone swearing and shouting at you would you be responsive I dont think so !!
I would recommend the Turkish Bath see the rep Jay he lovely and will look after you !
visit Dolphin Sq amazing and good shops, yes you get hounded but no worse if you went else were ! Recommend the Hotel Doctor he is amazing and looks after you, take no notice of any one else they are really good and look after you and your kids well, better then Doctors in UK !!
Do not go to Mid night Market or Morning Market be warned it is a nightmare ! again up to you its your holiday.

Me My Husband both 38 and my Son 8 Loved this holiday and would RECOMMEND TO ANY ONE ! and yes I had some parts that was not good but the hole thing was well worth the money and the trip....PLEASE SEE FOR YOURSELF DO NOT PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THE BAD REVIEWS some English people make me ashamed to be British !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Corner one large but any one would be perfect no isues lovely rooms we were on floor six room 626. P...
6 Thank JuliaG54
wednesbury
Reviewed 6 July 2012

stayed @ this fantastic hotel just a couple of weeks ago 11,6,12 for two weeks with my wife and our 6 yr old boy plus 2 close friends. we were in the main hotel which i could not fault in any way. a ground floor room was allocated to us for our 2 wk stay. it was cleaned spotless and our beds were made up with fresh sheets every day. every member of staff we encountered were very polite and showed professionalism in their jobs weather it was bar or restaurant staff of even the room maid. i thought there was a very good choice for food at meal times. our thomas cook rep david was easilly found if needed. the animation team were very good considdering non of them had recieved any wages for 2 months due to the boss having other bills to pay, however they provided an activity session for kids of all ages for a few hours each day which was free. it gave both my wife and myself time to relax. thomas cook also had a kids club every day for a couple of hours which was also free. as for the idiot sam p, saying plastic re-useable cups around the pool and they're dirty, go ask for a clean one, simples eh .....duhh, of course they're plastic. here's the scenario, hmmm, dozens of bare feet . glass instead of plastic......a very hard tiled area around the pool. has the penny dropped now??., the animation team were all pleasant gettin us to play darts , water polo, boules, beach volley ball, plus some really bizzare in the pool games. they catered for everyone of all ages and nationalities. i will be re-booking this holiday again in 2013 for sure as i could not fault any part of this holiday. i did hear people complaining as there was no english food on offer. if you want english food, go to butlins

11 Thank merlinszzr
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a week at Didim Beach Resort and I can honestly say we had a great time. The hotel itself is lovely, rooms are cleaned every day and there is always something going on.

I can see where some people would be disappointed with the food, but honestly, most all inclusives (except the really high end ones) are exactly the same. There was a lot of choice, plenty of salads, fruit, hot and cold dishes. The best part is the flat breads and pizzas that are made fresh in front of you every lunch and dinner time. For the price we paid for the holiday we could afford to go out a few times to eat locally and we enjoyed a change of scenery. More on local restaurants later.

The food did get a little repetitive, but we still found something most day, grilled meats and salad with rice and various types of mezze were always enjoyable as well as the fresh bread you could cut yourself. There was always pasta and chips for the kids if they felt a bit fussy, and burgers and hot dogs at the snack bar.

Some of the staff can be a bit surly, however, the majority of them are friendly and always stop for a chat, they make the effort to learn your names and make time to come and see how you are. The restaurant staff are not exactly forthcoming, however, this could be due to language barriers and possibly the fact that the hotel is so large and they have so many people to deal with. The bars are all self service so don't expect anyone to come and take your drink orders!

The slides are good fun, there were some accidents, but it's nothing more than you can expect with 50 plus children all trying to go down them at once and not listening to the staff when they tell them not to go down en masse! I don't think it's the responsibility of the staff to make the children behave sensibly, their parents should ensure this, but we all know that some parents just send heir kids off and get drunk around the pool which we witnessed quite a bit, but you can't control other people.

The animations team were amazing, they were on the go from 10am until about midnight every day in the blistering heat and they still smile and get the kids involved in games etc.

If you do fancy going out to eat at all, it's well worth the trip into Altinkum. The dolmus will take you there for 1.75tl each, or you can walk in about 10 mins, tho if you walk, take water as its get HOT. The restaurant we really loved in Altinkum was family door. The service and atmosphere in that place was amazing. We felt part of the family, so much so that we ate there twice! If you do go, order the Testi kebab, not only does it taste beautiful, but they make you dance for your supper! Don't forget to give Baileys, the restaurants dog, a little cuddle, she's adorable! Like most of the restaurants in the town, they offer a free car service that will collect you, bring you to the restaurant and they drop you back afterwards too.

Another good place to eat is the Marina, practically next door, English breakfast for 9tl and a Sunday carvery to die for. The people in the restaurant are brilliant, so friendly and welcoming with a great atmosphere. They do English food as well as Turkish and you will always find something. We went three times in total and they always remembered us....put it on Pauls bill!

We really noticed a jump in the level of service when we left the resort, the Turkish people are wonderful and will go out of their way for you. This doesn't mean the service is terrible in the resort, but it is much better off resort.

In all, we really enojoyed ourselves, no illness and the two kids (12 and 9) loved every minute. We would definitely return to Didim beach. At the end of the day, for the price, the place is great. If you want 5 star plus, you need to pay 5 star prices!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank Nena T
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I want to book again for next year. Beautiful hotel, Thomas cook kids club every day 1-3pm and parties some evenings. Funfair not too far away, market came once a week to hotel Spoilt for choice with all the food, my favourite was roast beef, mash n gravy. The kids loved the pool and the beach and I loved the sunbeds right on the beach. All the staff seemed friendly enough, I'm not sure I was staying in the same hotel with all the bad comments people have wrote on here because I don't have any complaints !

• Stayed June 2012
15 Thank Lozenga
Girvan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

Not got a lot to say about this hotel apart from the rooms are poor, the food is awfull, and the entertainment could have been much worse!! Don't waste your money on this hotel, book elsewhere as this would be a holiday from hell.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Cdjnr

Travellers are raving about these Altinkum hotels

Atherton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2012

we went here on the 16th june me my husand and our four children and my mother, the hotel is absolutley beautiful thats about it , food poisioning, people being tuck in lifts for two hours, rep never to e seen , waiters rude calling us english !!! was awful we was stuck in the elegance it which was like staying in trafford center with its gorgeous deco, would not recommend thiss hotel to anyone the slides are open 10/12 2/4 , the night entertainment is a joke !!! you end up eating out at a local restaurant just to scared to re eat in the hotel after eing ill for 2 full days !! found the cups at thee pool ar are plastic reusuable .... there dirty the only it of fun going on during the day is a stupied song they stand round pool and ing every few hours and water polo or darts for ADULTS!!! i paid way above for this holiday and my children didnt enjoy it one it ... complete crap DO NOT BOOK FOR THIS HOTEL ,i really went here with a open mind i ook over a year ago and did actually think fussy people ... but no every bad comment is bang on right

1 Thank sam p
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altinkum
Venosa Beach Resort & Spa
Tuntas Beach Hotel Altinkum
Palm Wings Beach Resort
Aurum Spa & Beach Resort
Tuntas Suites AltInkum
Tuntas Suites AltInkum
#3 of 30 in Altinkum
Buyuk Anadolu Didim Resort

Been to Didim Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!