“Very good spot!”

Ranked #1 of 19 Bozburun B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Very good spot!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The Dolphin hotel is probably the best spot in Bozborun. The hotel location is very quiet, and a little bit out from the center, on small path by the sea and only 10 minute walk from all bars, shops, and restaurants.The bedrooms are clean, offer a terrific view on the bay, are confortables and the family owners very welcoming and nice.
We had a wonderful holiday there and stayed longer than scheduled. Only tiny problem : The aircon wasn't working perfectly and was very noisy probably dued to an electricity problem. Prices are quite affordable, the place is perfect for a peaceful time far away from tourisitic madness, the hotel is cosy, however not luxurious. We will definitly come back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zouzou8181

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
kingarthur1873
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Do expect a very warm service in this family run property. Rooms are moderate however they all have broad views to the Mediterranean Sea. They have a very talented chef, an expert in seafood. Sevki, son of the owner energetic warm and welcoming would organise daily boat tours to explore the lovely bays of Bozburun. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kingarthur1873
Istanbul
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Bozburun become popular wtihin last 10 years in Turkey. Dolphin is one of the middle class hotels located on the quay with nice sea view. Rooms are moderate. Breakfast quite good. Hotels restaurant delicious. Service is slow at hot season. Sevki ( the owner ) is smiling and friendly person interested in customers' problems. I recommend the inexpensive hotel for short stays if you don't expect luxury for Bozburun.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GokhanTercan
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Like most of the small inns in Bozborun, this is located on the quay overlooking the striking waterfront. We stayed here during the quiet off-season and found it relaxing. We had a top-floor balcony overlooking the water, and the room was large with two comfortable beds. There was no wireless Internet during the winter, but the manager let me use the hotel's computer when I needed it. We were served a good Turkish breakfast the next morning.

Of the many small hotels lining the quay, this one is relatively far from Bozborun's small downtown, where the restaurants are. It's a pleasant 10- to 15-minute walk along the water.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank NC-Traveler-47
Fethiye
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Back in February I reserved a room here for a weeks stay in July. I booked directly with the hotel via email, they asked for 2 nights deposit of 180 lira, having confirmed the 90 lira per night charge on their website for July. They emailed me to confirm they had received the deposit bank transfer and that the room was reserved for me. The emails were sent by the hotel owner.

A few days before leaving I rang them to check on the last stage of the journey ...where to get off the dolmus....and was told they had no reservation for me and there were no rooms available. They said they could maybe find me another room in their other hotel but this would cost 153 lira per night instead of 90. I said no thanks (but of course had I actually arrived and found no room for me I would have had no choice but to accept that). I said that if my deposit was not returned I would contact the police. My deposit was returned.

I've had many independent holidays over years and years and I have never had this done to me before.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Yildiz2006
London
Reviewed 15 June 2010

If the room had been TL80 or even TL100, I'd be writing a different review, but for TL140 b&b per night for a double room (TL180 including dinner for two), it is vastly overpriced and I would recommend going elsewhere.

First the good things: the views are fantastic, the balcony sitting area (with bar/restaurant) is lovely, garlanded in vines and flowers, the platform with loungers over the water is good (although, even with the hotel practically empty, there were problems over lounger availability). The room balcony was a good size.

Maybe part of the problem was our room. Certainly, some of the other rooms we peered into seemed to be rather better. Our room (top floor) had nothing to recommend it but the balcony and view (fantastic): very bare room, filled with lots of cheap, melamine, veneered, furniture and an extra bed. The only attractive element was a reasonable rug. Bathroom slightly small. In three nights we only had hot water once and one evening we hardly had water at all. None of this would have mattered, if we had been paying less.

Set dinners offered little variety and were also overpriced (although not as greatly) and were very ordinary, with two courses (three meze and a choice of fish (good), plain chicken or meat). In town, similarly priced meals included fruit/sweet and coffee. Instead, at this hotel, Turkish coffee was two or three times the price we paid elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hesketh
Los Angeles
Reviewed 9 January 2010

I have been to Turkey 19 times but this lovely hotel in an absolutely idealic location was definitely one of the highlights. My room, actually an exceptionally clean, charming mini-suite also had a nicely-tiled bathroom and a balcony overlooking the sea. Breakfast was delicious on the garden-like patio. The entire hotel is like a hand-crafted work of art designed and maintained by a gracious Turkish family. I remember the mom in particular. She was up early in the morning until dark, cleaning, cooking, or hosing off the patio in big rubber boots. I often think about this place when I'm at work here in Los Angeles and can't wait to return. Additionally, the Marmaris peninsula is surprisingly natural with no unsightly building blocks. It's a great place for walking, exploring hidden coves, watching boat-building and playing with dogs!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank skipperk9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bozburun
Lemon Garden Boutique Hotel
Karia Bel' Hotel & Restaurant
Sabrinas Haus
Sabrinas Haus
#2 of 19 in Bozburun

Been to Dolphin Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!