“Not What it Used to Be...”
Review of Parc Safari

Parc Safari
More attraction details
Owner description: Since July 15, 1972, twelve million guests have discovered a piece of Africa at Parc Safari. In 40 years, Parc Safari has embellished its grounds, diversified its activities and invested continuously to improve and maintain exceptional life conditions for its residents, 500 animals of 75 different species.The Olduvai elevated walkway let's you observe the macaques easily, while the glass tunnels put you at eye level with our white lions!The Farm of the Five Continents presents to you domesticated animals from all over the world and let's you enjoy a camel or poney ride. Our water park now comprises five areas: pools, beaches, tube ride, water slides and games. There is also the Deer Trail, the Afrika Terrasse (giraffes are awaiting your treats!), Safari Aventure, shows, rides and so much more! Our mission is to protect and preserve endangered species as well as educate our guests about them, while creating a unique City of recreation, fun and environmental awareness for the whole family. Guided by a passionate team, Parc Safari is striving to become ever more beautiful and complete for you our guests! Come see us this summer!
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I thought I would be sharing a trip as magical as when I went as a child but it's far from what it used to be. The best part was driving through the safari to feed the animals, my 3 year old thought it was great, and if you go early enough you'll be able to see quite a few and they'll still be hungry. However, be prepared to spend a lot, this is NOT just a simple way to spend an afternoon. Admission is hefty, and then once inside you'll be charged for extras such as animal food, rides down the Nile river, and rides. The water pools were free and a great way to cool off but safety is not a concern. We had several adults to a child so I wasn't worry about lifeguards, but the pools at the end of the slides were not deep enough, nor was there any type of padding. Both my son and I injured our feet upon landing. Also one of the kiddie pools did not have stairs to get in, just a two foot drop off. It was unlike going to any other water park in the US. Lastly food, there is a lot of picnic space to bring your own food and enjoy it which is great and I recommend doing this. Not only is everything else expensive, but the selection is poor. The food was decent for a park, however there wasn't much and they all served the same items. Overall it was a good afternoon, we made memories together seeing all the animals, but I think our next trip will be to Granby Zoo.

1  Thank Erica D
in 3 reviews
"last weekend"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 1 July 2014

If your on a family vacation in the Montreal area Parc Safari has a lot offer from small kids to adults there is a great water park rides and zoo you need good part of a day to see everything but you could keep the kids busy for days if you want .The 5.2 km drive through the safari part of park there animals big and friendly get pecked by an Ostrich or feed a camel from your car .polar bears to lions and Walruses .Cost is reasonable for the size of park .

1  Thank Edcorbett
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My very first time at safari park and it was awful. A lot of driving around and seeing only the most timid of animals, what happened to all the lions and tigers roaming freely etc? Definitely not worth another visit. Skip this one, it should have been closed a while back. Poor elephants locked up all day.

6  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This experience was very nice because we got to stroll down the roads to see the animals in the comfort of our own car. It was a very pleasant experience. I didn't like it that they had put out the zebras for the people to touch after they had mentioned that they bite. You can bring or buy some vegetables nearby Parc Safari. Once the animal area was over, you'd go into the area where there are shows, water parks and shops. There are many water parks, but the water wasn't the clearest. The shops had good quality merchandise.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Today's experience was one of our worst experiences ever. Our visit was on June 24, 2014. It was a rainy, on and off, day. We called the park before leaving whether they are open in this weather. We were told everything is open. So we went. To our surprise, a lot of animals were not out in the adventure trail. Most of the water attractions were closed. Excuse given was that there were not enough people there. Well we certainly paid full ticket but half of the stuff was closed. Note here that most of the water attractions that were closed were very dirty, with mold, algae and dirt all over the attractions. also not enough life guards were present either. The only water attraction open was the Dolphin Lagoon. This brings us to the main point of warning. My 2 1/2 year old son almost drowned in the Dolphin Lagoon along with my wife (and some other children there) probably who rescued him desperately since the life guard responsible for that part of the Lagoon was not present. She was happily chatting with other guards half way across the Lagoon area, who by the way were not paying any attention to the children in their respective areas. While all this was happening, the lifeguards still did not do anything, didn't even feel ashamed or asked if we were alright, instead the the lifeguard responsible for that part just disappeared from the scene. And the worst part was when we went to complain at the information desk at entrance, he told us "Ohh yes I heard about that". That's it and gave us paper to fill with our complaint. So if I had not went to complain, he would let it slide under the rug. Absolutely Terrible. Save your Money and go to Granby Zoo Instead. Its Way better managed and cleaner.

3  Thank Mohammad N