“This place is very very special”

The Farm at San Benito
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lipa City
Reviewed 14 April 2011

I arrived at The Farm feeling jet lagged and stressed and left feeling 20 years younger! What a marvellous experience, one not to be missed. I was made to feel like one of the family and the treatments and pampering were excellent. Special mention to the dining - the food is wonderful and the staff very attentive; Tony was a very good waiter - nothing was too much trouble. The medical team are first class and my treatments with Janet, Grace and Lita were first class. To round off this 5 day well being programme I enjoyed the best manicure and pedicure I have ever had but did not get the young ladies name so unfortunately cannot add that but hope you can find her when you are there. I very much hope to return later this year to enjoy this peaceful haven.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank EnglishroseEngland

Reviewed 31 March 2011

After a stressful month, my fiance and I decided to stay for a day to recharge and rejuvenate. We would just like to give a place a try because we really have no idea what to expect... All we know is we want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We searched the internet for a number of places to go to...After seeing the pictures and reading positive reviews abouth the place we decided to give it a go...The location is quite good because it's nearby other areas we could go to, in case we decided to go somewhere else. We are already ready to go somewhere else if it fails to pass our expectations. After the 2 hour drive from Manila, we we're greeted with this beautiful place saying that the pictures weren't just to good to be true...Relaxing and calming, we achieved what we have been aiming for, to destress and unwind even just for a day...It did recharge our "batteries"...Wish we could have stay longer fits what my fiance and I felt as we are about to leave that night...Hope we could go back soon!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jillpManila
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I was thinking of a place where to celebrate our wedding anniversary / birthdays & the thought of going to "The Farm" suddenly popped up! So I booked an overnight stay & informed their Reservations in Manila to make special arrangements for these special occasions.(special thanks to Cristina)
So off we went...just a 2 hr drive from Manila. Upon reaching our destination, it was no less than Michael & Jennifer (Resident Managers) who welcomed us. We arrived just in time for lunch & immediately went to "Alive" to have a taste of their much talked-about healthy cuisines. We ordered their 5-course meal w/c were reasonably priced. As each meal arrived, they all looked so delectable & very pleasing to the eyes that we had to take pictures of each one before we savored them.
After our superb lunch, we were informed that our Palmera Suite room was ready. Loved the bed (comfy comforters) & the bathroom especially the outdoor shower :-)
I immediately called up their Spa & booked a relaxation massage recommended by the receptionist. To our surprise, they posted a "Happy Birthday" greeting made of fresh pandan leaves when we arrived at the massage room. I haven't had a very relaxing massage like these & I recommend it to everyone.
When dinner time came, another surprise came up! We were given a special table in the "Alive" dinning area complete with all the works!!! Tea Candelights, Fruits & flower arrangements, wine etc. Truly, a remarkable table setting. And you guessed right; another sumptuous & delightful 5-course meal and special birthday cake followed :-))
All good things said in previous reviews are true! The amenities, the food etc. Our special thanks to all their staff & most especially to Jennifer & Michael !!! You truly made our day "Very Special".

P.S. I lost almost 2 lbs. in just one day :-)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Passion4Leisure
Reviewed 10 March 2011

A friend and I stayed overnight to get away from it all and focus. We had a great stay. The food is good and healthy. The price is reasonable for the size of the servings (most orders are enough for sharing) The massage is treatments are divine. Perfect place to get a kick start on eating and living healthier. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 5 March 2011

I went to the Farm on recommendation and looking for some R&R. I found that I would end up focusing on improving my health and well being. I enjoyed the ambiance, friendly staff, fabulous dining and quiet respite. I felt whole again after my 4 days! The Farm is not for everyone. It is perfect for some. Very Zen like in accommodations. It has everything you need. I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Sherrillg
Reviewed 19 February 2011

My girlfriend and I were recommended to visit by close friends so we decided to give it a shot this February 2011and did the Wellness package. The experience was truly memorable and a real paradise of the senses. The food was indescribably delicious and blew away all my preconceptions about vegetarian food being dull. Set in most idyll garden paradise the vegan restaurant "Alive" is a must visit place before you die. I always love a good steak but the experience has given me an appreciation for raw food, super foods and how good you they can make you feel. Fantastic smoothies!! Some of the spa treatments were amazing truly out of body experiences. A very peaceful getaway with simple but comfortable rooms and very friendly service. The resort is nicely spread out so you really feel a sense of privacy. I definitely recommend this place to young and old alike. Good value for money as well!

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MatiasHK
Reviewed 13 February 2011

The farm was magic - a real retreat for body and soul. It's less than 2 hours from Manila, set on many hectares of pure jungle. The ambience was incredible - loved the peacocks that live on the grounds, and it was just amazing doing yoga in the outdoor sala and then opening your eyes to see a majestic peacock just a few metres away! They also had adorable resident baby ducks waddling around. Staff were all super sweet and the husband and wife management team, Michael and Jennifer were so hospitable, always around, making sure everything is running smoothly. They really care about your wellbeing.

As a self confessed foodie, I was thrilled to find that the food was one of the best parts of our stay! I loved all the really inventive salads, soups, grains etc. Who knew raw/vegan food could be so tasty? A lot of it is grown on site too. They do have cooked food too, the soba noodles with veg were delicious and their chocolate pecan pie was to die for. I felt sorry for those doing the juice cleanse as it would be a shame to miss out! Do try the cooking demo, it was really interesting watching the chef make some of their signature dishes.

There was a brilliant yoga teacher there visiting from New York called Anna Carbonell and I did her group classes as well as booking in for some private classes. She is truly fantastic and I hope she comes back regularly as my practice with her really contributed to the overall experience at The Farm. As for treatments, I didnt do the colonic, as that was a bit too invasive and scary for me, but i did do acupuncture - slightly uncomfortable, but felt incredible afterwards- headache gone! We opted to stay in a Palmera Suite, which was very comfortable. The rooms are probably not what you would class as uber luxurious, but to be honest we weren't there to hole up in a room, we were there to spend time in nature, have treatments and relax by the pool. I would note that the Sulu Terraces have outdoor bathrooms; I didn't fancy having to go downstairs and outside in the middle of the night, so it's worth upgrading to the Palmera Suites. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Talisay
Pico Sands Hotel
Pico Sands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Nasugbu

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!