“The Farm shall become an annual pilgrimage for us-Highly recommended!”

The Farm at San Benito
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lipa City
Reviewed 11 June 2012

On my birthday this year, I decided to forgo all the usual overeating, overindulgece so often associated with the ocassion & treat myself to a body& soul cleansing health retreat at The Farm. And boy am I glad I did so! After a 7D/6N detox programme, I came away 2 kilos lighter but more importantly, i gained a new consciousness towards my overall Wellness. This was just what I needed to restart my ambition of a healthful lifestyle!
Big thank you to Jennifer & all the staff of the estate. Each& everyone of you have been absolutely perfect. Oh so accommodating& attentive to your guests every need but yet remaining completely unintrusive & unimposing. Special mention to Cleo- you are a darling for making an otherwise awkward experience totally relaxed& even enjoyable! You are a gem! Also, our thanks to the lovely therapists at The Spa. Your various treatments were truly unforgettable & we are so looking forward to your pampering again next year! My partner& I would like to say a big thank you to everyone at The Farm once more& we look forward to visiting you again next year!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank msjaniceang

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I'm a frequent visitor of this not so secret get- away in the heart of Lipa. Recalling my first time here, i would drop my jaw to a place I thought resembles those in Bali. Serene. That's the first word you could have in mind. There are many other things that The farm offers,Their world class holistic approach in healing, from their famous raw, organic vegan cuisine to the most elaborate procedure of cleansing both the body and mind. Going back to your hectic, stressful, not to say toxic lifestyle as a totally new person from The Farm's fantastic fusion of physical and mind healing would clear you up as to say a new you. Cheers!! A wonderful and exceptional group of people will take care of you and you'll forget that you are just about 2 hours away to Manila. How about that?

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Gabby B
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Tried the hilot haplos treatment - oooo, excellent! Ask for Evelyn. Her strokes are not like the usual, run-off-the mill type. She concentrated on the tight areas on my neck, shoulder, lower back. This treatment starts off with a scrub (chocolate/ cocoa base), a warm soak in an outdoor tub filled with pure coconut milk (special tea served), and next is massage proper. Pricey at P8000 ++ ($200) for a single treatment, but you will not regret it.

Venue was tranquil with a lot of scenic spots where you can write on your journal or continue typing away on yyour laptop for that next best-selling novel. Lots of greens around, upscale interior, organic / fresh / healthy food served at their Alive Restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NorthStarManila
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I went to The Farm for some badly-needed R&R. It took us only 1.5 hours to get to the place from Manila and since they provided a map, it was a breeze. There was just a point, very near The Farm, where I was wondering if we were going to the right place because the route was carved right in the middle of the forest. I was pleasantly surprised when we entered their gates. This extraordinarily serene and beautiful place really IS in the middle of the forest. The grounds are amazing! With ducks, peacocks and goats freely roaming amidst the beautiful landscaping.

We were given welcome drinks of pure coconut water. Since we got there during afternoon tea, we were also able to have some merienda treats like pichi-pichi, fruitcake-like bread and coffee. After snacks, we were accompanied to our Sulu Terrace hut.

The Sulu Terrace is the least expensive of their accommodations. It's a single-detached hut that provides ample privacy from your "neighbors". The room is on the 2nd floor. They provide each hut with 2 twin beds. If you're a couple like us, you can just combine the 2 beds together into a queen-sized bed. The room smells really nice and the sheets are very clean. They only provide 1 goose down pillow per guest, though, and the rest are throw pillows you wouldn't really use as sleeping pillows. The room also has a split-type air conditioner and you can adjust the thermostat. They provide an electric kettle, hair dryer, safe, water and free "Pito-pito" tea.

The downside to the Sulu Terrace is that the bathroom is outside the room on the ground floor. The weather was pretty good during our stay but if it were raining, it would have been a problem and such a hassle going to the bathroom (even though they were providing umbrellas). Anyway, the bathroom is done in rustic style. They used limestones instead of tiles. The problem with limestones is that they're prone to molds. Some parts of the bathroom already have molds so I think they need to clean that up (especially since molds are harmful to the respiratory system.). They provided shampoo, conditioner, oil and organic salt scrub.

Their restaurant is called "Alive" and they only serve organic, vegan dishes. For the record, my husband and I are meat-lovers. BUT not once did we miss meat because the food was really delicious! I was surprised that vegan dishes could fill us up, especially with my husband's appetite. If I have a chef who can cook dishes like that, I wouldn't mind going vegetarian. I especially loved the breakfast. :)

The place is really, really beautiful. We loved walking around, taking photos, reflecting and just really exploring the place. It was really serene and peaceful -- perfect for the soul. We swam in the South Pool and it was quite something else to swim in a pool with the forest right there in front of you. There was also a secluded waterfall tucked in a quiet little corner and it was all to ourselves for half the day.

The Farm also provides free yoga and exercise activities, as well as floral arrangement class and tours on how to make virgin coconut oil and soap. My husband and I also had a massage and a medical treatment. The customer service is the best I've ever experienced. Everyone was really helpful, courteous and friendly. I definitely will come back here again.

(The place, unfortunately, is really NOT FOR KIDS, even though they do allow kids. I saw some kids walking around, looking really bored.)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Arriadne
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed at the Farm few months ago by strong recommendation from my friend who stays Manila.
It was a brilliantly healthy experience that I've never had before, a paradise where you can rejuvenate your body and soul thoroughly!
The farm serves vegan food only, all the foods are made from the fresh veggies & coconuts from the resort farm itself. I myself is not a vegan but it was a pleasant experience to become a vegan for few days at the Farm with the healthy tasty vegan foods, I even seriously considered to become a vegan! (sadly it didn't work tho)
Have a healthiest staying at the Farm everyone :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank chloepark
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My executive assistant piled up my Friday with way too many appointments, making me feel run-down and incredibly weary. To my surprise, Saturday, May 19 was vacant.
I then decided to go on an overnight retreat at The Farm. I had no expectations - only the desire for some peace and quiet in a top-end spa resort.
After a smooth check-in with Pie, I walked around the tree-lined property literally looking up and smiling at the beauty of The Farm's surroundings.
Once I entered the Sulu room - it was a tiny Balinese inspired hut, with two incredibly comfy single beds. I took a relaxing swim in the infinity pool by the spa. My favorite part about this pool was not only how quiet it was there, the big takeaway was the majestic view of Mount Malarayat. This was a perfect place to meditate.
At 10.30am, I joined the taichi class with Chris Panis. I enjoyed this class immensely, that I joined his class again the next day.
For lunch I ordered ala carte. I had a refreshing zaru soba dish with carrots, 'chicharo', broccoli and zucchini. I also had a sliver of chocolate cake, and an herbal tea. It was indeed a satisfying healthy meal!
At 2.00pm, I had my hour-long relaxing massage. My therapist was highly-skilled, with rhyme and rhythm while she kneaded my back, and of course she had the best manners. I on air conditioner failed to truly cool the room (since it was so hot out).
At 3.00pm I walked back to my hut (Sulu #11). I told myself I had the time and luxury to nap for at least an hour. My sleep was so deep thatI woke up two and a half hours after and I felt fantastic! It's too bad I missed tea time (which I wanted to attend), so I went to dinner alone and truly enjoyed my five-course meal.
I later went to sleep at 9.00pm, so satisfied and genuinely happy. I woke up nine and a half hours later, now feeling like a million bucks!
I took Chris' Yoga flow class at 7.30am.
A hearty 3-course breakfast followed. I had a petite serving of fruit salad with yoghurt, and a bowl of muesli.Then came a vegetarian 'arroz caldo' After breakfast I went shopping at the boutique for the purest Virgin Coconut Oil and coco sugar (which I noticed during breakfast).
A few days after my The Farm respite, I actually started cooking healthy dishes (no beef or pork), I tried to copy most of what I ate there. I started doing yoga, walking - and most of all, I havent smoked since I got back! This is the miracle of my The Farm experience. Folks, by the way, for locals, The Farm is 50% off for rooms, and 30% off for food, this is up to the end of May.

Room Tip: I can only speak for the Sulu area. These Balinese huts are ideal for solo trips.The toilet and bath...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Toccata100
Reviewed 20 May 2012

There are only a few places that have truly awed and inspired me... Istanbul, Bangkok, London and here in the Philippines, Isla Culion. To my pleasant surprise, I discovered another such a place existed barely two hours away from home. To say that my stay at The Farm was rejuvenating would be an understatement. I only spent two nights here but that sense of peace and renewal I felt after was beyond compare. Thanks to a really good deal from a local group buying site (12.3K for 3D/2N), I got to experience this enchanting sanctuary.

I arrived at The Farm (along with my sister) on a Saturday, right after a 3-night stay in Boracay and all the binge-drink-party madness that usually comes with it. The Boracay hangover, plus a “digestive problem” I’d been having for days made it the perfect time to detoxify at The Farm. I was looking forward to help my body and mind get a certain sense of normalcy and The Farm sure didn’t disappoint.

Registration was a breeze. Jennifer, the resident manager, gave us a very warm welcome, explaining to us everything The Farm had to offer. Her positive aura and natural charm gave us a sense of belonging and right then and there, we knew it was going to be an unforgettable weekend.

We stayed at one of five Sulu Terraces and we absolutely loved it. The cottage, though the smallest of all accommodations, reeked of character and rustic beauty. We didn’t at all mind having the separate bathroom downstairs. Our cottage (Sulu 10) was located right next to the rainforest, and the amazing view of green coupled with the surprisingly soothing symphony of crickets, frogs and geckos at night all the more added to the Robinson-Crusoe-Slash-Back-To-The-Garden-Of-Eden feel of the place.

The grounds are incredibly gorgeous and very well-kept. The landscaping is amazing, with an abundance of rare flowers and plants. I woke up early one morning and saw an entire crew tending to the plants and sweeping away dried leaves. No wonder this place has stayed immaculate through the years! Wander about the sprawling area and you’ll find many beautiful nooks and crannies conducive for meditation and relaxation. Plus, the beautiful peacocks roaming all over added to the stunningly surreal vibe. My favorite spot? Definitely the secluded man-made waterfalls. I could have stayed there all day!

ALIVE! restaurant, which serves predominantly raw organic vegan fare sourced from the resort’s own gardens, was such a revelation. I love how creative the dishes were! Every meal was truly a feast for the eyes and the tastebuds! I am such a fan of coconuts and I love how they play a huge role in the dishes: from extra virgin coconut oil to coconut milk in the cereals and that interestingly inventive coconut bacon they serve for breakfast to the coconut crackers they serve for afternoon tea and snacks. Who knew eating healthy and the absence of meat could be such an inspired experience? Everything from breakfast, lunch and dinner was superb and worth the price (especially with the local resident discount). We didn’t get hungry at all during our stay. The juices & smoothies were just as yummy and filling! Special mention goes to the talented guys of Leaftone, who provided great music during dinner.

The best thing you can do in The Farm is do nothing. But if you feel like doing something, you can try mandala flower arrangement, coconut tour, power walking, yoga, etc. Every night, we received a personalized newsletter with a schedule of the next day’s activities. A lovely touch! We got to try two yoga classes, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and both were amazing. The awesome view from the amphitheater, especially early in the morning, provided the perfect backdrop. Chris, the instructor, was great and guided us well, especially the first timers. We also got to spend time at The Jungle Gym, which is well stocked with the latest in exercise equipment from cardio and weight machines to jumping ropes and balls. I found the trampoline especially enjoyable!

The Spa is simply heavenly. Lem, the spa manager, was gracious enough to give a comprehensive consultation. He even gave me a 10-minute sampler in the open air pavilion to help me determine the most suitable treatment. Since I was complaining of a “digestive problem”, he recommended that I undergo a colema at the clinic. At first I was hesitant, but I eventually took his word for it. He referred me to the clinic where the nurses took good care of me. Needless to say, the colema treatment was interesting. It was rather uncomfortable at first but Jaja, the nurse who attended me, kept me at ease with her sense of humor and natural caring demeanor. After the treatment, I was glad I took Lem’s advice. My stomach felt better!

The next day, we took the 90-minute Yin Yang Body Polish Purification Treatment (through Lem’s recommendation) back at the Spa. And it was the most blissful spa treatment ever! There was something uniquely magical about the strokes that made me feel like I was being cleared of all my worries. I felt like I was being healed! I tried my best not to doze off so I could relish every moment of it. But when the therapist held my nape and head for a few minutes, I felt this unexplainable bliss as if everything stood still, and I ended up snoozing anyway. The treatment was a bit on the pricey side but with the 30% local resident promo, it was worth it! The Spa also houses The Farm’s most picturesque infinity pool with a breathtaking view of the mountain and the greenery. I can never forget that moment when it rained hard while I was in the pool. Best feeling ever!

It’s always the people that make any journey memorable. And I can sincerely say this is true with the highly commendable management and staff of The Farm. Every single person we encountered was professional, courteous, accommodating and genuinely happy to serve and make you feel at home. Unlike other pricey destinations, there’s no air of haughtiness and pretension at The Farm. Just like its award-winning food, everything about The Farm’s service is natural, real, accessible and down-to-earth (literally and figuratively). And that spells a lot of difference.

The experience did not come without a few hiccups though. There was a confusion at the front desk about the local resident discount that the Manila Sales Office granted us along with our voucher. This took quite a bit of going back and forth which got a little exhausting. Plus, there was a karaoke session in the neighboring town which went on all day and could slightly be heard all the way on the other end of The Farm. But these were just minor setbacks that did little to affect our stay.

All in all, our experience at The Farm was beyond fantastic. It was almost mystical, like being on a different spiritual plane altogether. Beyond relaxation, The Farm really delivered on its promise of rejuvenation and rekindling one's mind, body and spirit. It wasn’t just a treat for ourselves, but a real retreat for our soul. When I left The Farm, my digestive function returned to normal and I felt so clean and light (like I never binged and drank like no tomorrow in Boracay just days before). More importantly, I felt very inspired as I came back to the chaos of Manila. The Farm was indeed a jumpstart to my journey of health and wellness. The healing energy that emanates from this detox destination is so intoxicating, I’m already thinking of returning soon. And lucky me, this newfound happy place of mine is practically right outside my backyard.

Room Tip: If you are not very picky about accommodations (and if you don't mind having the toilet and show...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Eagle Point Resort
Eagle Point Resort
#1 of 7 in Mabini
Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!