“Will come back!”

The Farm at San Benito
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lipa City
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This is a great getaway. Its a but pricey for the Philippines but pretty much standard or less than 5 star accommodations elsewhere. Be sure to get the coconot oil tour. We got upgraded to a suite and the staff was super attentive and friendly. Both the medical and spa treatments were excellent. The food was one of the best things :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 August 2012

We took two palmera suites since my mom has trouble walking. I can say all as in ALL the people working there are highly trained, you can see it in how they communicate with guest, soft and gentle and always showing concern. The suites are cleaned everyday and although you know that there are many guest checked in, you can still feel the privacy and exclusivity.
Anyone who comes there must get SPA treatments, we took the colon cleansing treatments, mum had earth body wrap on first day, chlorophyl on the second, relaxation massage on the third.
Me, hubby and my sister had the thai massage, tibetan steam, and skin kayud. Then me and sister connived on booking hubby for ventosa just for the experience since he has been raving about it as one of the old therapeutic treatments in relieving pains.
The SPA staff are all experienced and highly trained and the techniques they applied are almost the same as those I have experienced in many 5-star hotels.
I am a self proclaimed spa treatment fanatic and have this itchiness of comparing services and The Farm is internationally comparable. I can personally say that the prices for the spa treatments are very reasonable, from the supplies they provide for you, the oils they used, the sarongs, the music, the scents, the soothing hands, you can actually feel how your breath slows down and that your heart is beating in slow mo.
Its very hard for me to fall asleep whenever I am massaged but to my surprise its like I have lost some time and just came back after I heard whisper that the massage is already finished!
Altho i have this concern about the food, I know its a holistic resort, and they encourage healthy lifestyle. I just wish that they have at least an option to have some fish or chicken, grilled or steamed and more variety for dressings/sauces and veggies. I believe some guest are just there for the SPA treatments and for some time alone and adding some pampering at least in food maybe appreciated.
Anyway, that's just thinking aloud, I don't want to defy the mission of The Farm.
Still I will recommend The Farm, its like experiencing Bali without leaving the country.

Room Tip: If you are coming with trouble walking or need assistance, inform them ahead, so they can arrange fo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank charytraveller
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Recently spent a couple nights with my wife at the Farm and did it exceed our expectations! It was an experience that has left me relaxed and energized.

For those of you unfamiliar, the Farm at San Benito is a garden-type spa resort a couple hours from Manila which specializes in health treatments such as colonics, liver cleansing, and the like. All food is gluten-free, organic and vegetarian. They have yoga and meditation classes throughout the day. It also has numerous gardens, sitting areas, and three beautiful pools.

With only 24 rooms, the Farm was never packed despite it being fully booked during our stay. We spent a day roaming around the premises discovering secret gardens and swimming under hidden waterfalls. The spa treatments were one of the best I've ever experienced. Staff conduct and decorum was spot-on. Food was pretty good for vegetarian, but I did wish I had the option to order a steak to go with my beetroot ravioli.

We stayed in a Sulu terrace. Would not recommend this room to seniors or those with disablities since the stairs are a bit steep. Bathroom is also separate and downstairs from the bedroom. It has a cool sitting area though and is literally beside a tropical forest.

I highly recommend this resort to yogis, couples, the health-conscious, and even families with young children. Kids will enjoy the pools and roaming the expansive grounds while mom and pop get a massage. Nanny services are also available.

All in all it was a 5 star experience from a 5 star resort.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LimaBean12
Reviewed 21 July 2012

There are few people and places has special impact on us. When we can find integration of place and staff who can make memorable impact on us, then definitely we will go their for several times. This is what the farm and the staff did on me!! And this why I been their for the next time as my annual health retreat plan, it was the same place and staff with totally better experience and amazing services.
This is what I call a holistic unforgettable health vacation....

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Khalidme
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I find myself sitting in one of the benches under the glorious mango tree, its branches widely outstretched, coiled with cascading tendrils of vine. I relish the cool breeze and the holy hush of verdant scenery and catch myself wondering why it took me this long to return. I lament my overindulgence during the holiday season and look forward to giving my system a reboot, here at what is considered to be one of the top wellness sanctuaries in Asia—The Farm at San Benito.

Appropriately, my schedule begins with colema. Out with the old, in with the new. I expect it to be a breeze; after all, I have done the five-day detox a couple of years ago, with alternate days of colema and colonics. Alas, my heavy meal the previous night takes its toll. I have gas pains all over. When the procedure is over, my knees feel like jelly. The therapist gives me four tablets of bioplasma (to be dissolved under the tongue for optimal absorption) to replenish the nutrients that were flushed out during the procedure. Slowly, I make my way back to the clinic. I take the warm ginger lemon tea given me and settle on a sofa with a hot compress on my belly. Cocooned in this warmth, I rest with the thought that I am being good to my body.

I want to allow my digestive tracts to rest some more (and prime my appetite for a good meal) so instead of having my lunch at the usual hour, I participate in a tai chi class. An elderly French couple is already at the amphitheater. I take my place in one of the mats and try to keep up. Alicia Keys’s New York is in the playlist. The instructor makes sure we keep up with the beat. After 45 minutes, I am sweating, not out of breath but definitely feeling my quads and hamstrings. I relish the final stretches.

I didn’t know exactly what to expect from food labeled as raw, except perhaps for the usual salads and fresh fruits. Unknown to me, I was going to have one of the best meals of my life, raw or otherwise. But after only a spoonful of corn, ginger and lemongrass soup, I know I am in for something special. The soup is richly flavored, not too thick but smooth and impeccably spiced.

The jicama slaw is garden fresh, punctured by the lovely texture and subtle sweet and heat of the spicy macadamia.

I order the entrée sampler. The use of fresh coconut meat instead of the usual heart of palm put the spring back in spring rolls—drizzled with sweet chilli sauce, it was a perky bundle. I unwrap the tamales to find the staple of almost every meal, rice, of the sticky variety, steam-softened and subtly seasoned, hitting all the buttons that define comfort food.

Then finally, dessert is served. I thought I could no longer manage but I underestimate this chocolate (sundae) on chocolate (chip ice cream) combination, lavishly strewn with candied nuts and mango bits. I take one spoonful after another, until I realize that I have nothing left to take a photo of but a chocolate-streaked dessert glass.

The next day, I make plans to use the rebounder at the Jungle Gym but opt to relish the little time I have left in my lovely Garden Villa. In bed, I disappear completely under the sheets, hearing only a hush of the fountain from my very own garden as I drift back to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank siwanderwoman
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Everything was perfect, except i caught the MD who did my Live blood analysis smoking in one of the palmera rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank lanilagman
Reviewed 11 June 2012

On my birthday this year, I decided to forgo all the usual overeating, overindulgece so often associated with the ocassion & treat myself to a body& soul cleansing health retreat at The Farm. And boy am I glad I did so! After a 7D/6N detox programme, I came away 2 kilos lighter but more importantly, i gained a new consciousness towards my overall Wellness. This was just what I needed to restart my ambition of a healthful lifestyle!
Big thank you to Jennifer & all the staff of the estate. Each& everyone of you have been absolutely perfect. Oh so accommodating& attentive to your guests every need but yet remaining completely unintrusive & unimposing. Special mention to Cleo- you are a darling for making an otherwise awkward experience totally relaxed& even enjoyable! You are a gem! Also, our thanks to the lovely therapists at The Spa. Your various treatments were truly unforgettable & we are so looking forward to your pampering again next year! My partner& I would like to say a big thank you to everyone at The Farm once more& we look forward to visiting you again next year!

• Stayed: May 2012
Eagle Point Resort
Eagle Point Resort
#1 of 7 in Mabini
Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!