After a 2 hr drive from Manila and driving through a narrow tree lined dirt road, we finally reached our destination...
THe Farm. I was expecting a country farm with ducks and chickens, cows and goats. Surprisingly, yes, we were greeted by a few figting cocks and ducks that wander about in the reception lobby. Just be careful that you don't step
on to their droppings.
The welcome was very Balinese. Greeted by warm friendly Filipinos serving natural coconut juices and cold towels on a tray. The stay are well trained and gives you a very nice feeling of being welcomed.
Is it a retreat? A resort? A "fat farm?" A spa ? A honeymoon getaway ?
It is everyone of the above mentioned.
Ideal for grown ups more than for children as people seek out this place to find calm and serenity amidst luxury.
Definitely for the "reclusive rich." Rooms are pricy for the Filipino budget.
If you want to be a "Howard Hughes" - this is the place to go.
The range of spa treatments is extensive. Choices between Aqua-related spa treatments, Chinese, Indian, European, Filipino"hilots."
Whoever dreamed up the list of treatments know their business and train the staff well. Many are able to explain and
provide very detailed information on the medical benefits of each treatment.
I was amazed at how they are able to replicate Bali in a little "bario" town called Lipa.
Age old coconut trees and mango trees plus all the man-made lakes reminds one of the Bali Hyatt in Sanur.
The resort is 10 years old, built from a partnership between a German and an Indian entrepreneur. Immaculately kept.
Currently they are operating with only 12 rooms and adding another 10 suites 'ala Bali style with private pools" by the end of the year.
When it comes to meals....this is one hotel that does not have a buffet offering. The menu is extensive but limited to
organic ingredients. No meats !
"Rabbit food" tastily prepared using tofu, greens, organic juices. I comment the local lady chef who runs the only restaurant in The Farm.
Access is a little bit difficult if you have to travel on a wheelchair. Cobbled stone walkways and hidden paths that leads you to very interesting hide-aways where one can escape from people, from the noise, from the stress of city living.
A good place to De-Stress !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the Philippines’ Batangas hinterland, The Farm is likened to health nirvana. Choose between pool, garden or jungle-style accommodation before sampling our fresh, award-winning gourmet menu.Practice sunrise/sunset salutations at our lakeside amphitheatre or hit our well-equipped ‘jungle gym’. Our specialists administer complementary and integrative medical therapy within a serene environment and first-class facilities.We don’t do boot camps or subscribe to deprivation. Retreat to The Farm for nourishment and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Farm at San Benito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farm At San Benito Hotel Lipa City
- Farm At San Benito Batangas
- The Farm At San Benito Lipa City, Philippines - Batangas