“Great Place!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lipa City
Philippines
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

My daughter who is a journalist in Australia encourage me to visit this beautiful place in my Country, The Farm at San Benito. Everyday of my stay there was perfect, the staff, the food, the peaceful environment. I met this magnificent doctor sig, who listened to all my concerns, he even invited me to visit his clinic in quezon city. he does reiki and acupuncture in his clinic too. then, i had my colema with emee, she's very gentle. i was scared at first but she made me feel so relax. i will definitely visit this place again. i am looking forward to stay in their new rooms, i thinks it's already finished by now. thank you The Farm, i will surely come back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank luthgarda p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I booked the Swingaround Package (tie-up with the Philippines Airlines) and stayed for 4D3N in the Palmera Suite.

- The room is lovely! (lovely views of the private garden through the glass windows & the bed is so comfortable)
- The pools are great! (especially loved the one at the spa with amazing views of the mountains)
- Service is excellent (I forgot to pack my swimsuit and they got someone to drive out into the city to buy one for me!)
- The spa is divine! (I had a treatment every night when I was there!)
- The restaurant (the staff, Mr Tony could remember my name & room number just after asking once. & there was even a live band performing over the weekend. As a meat-lover, I was very worried about the food but the quality of food is suprisingly good. I especially loved the salads.)
- The yoga classes were very good & the instructor Mr Bee is so patient & encouraging.
- The floral arrangement classes, oil of life tour, horticulture walks were fun & educational.
- The surroundings are beautiful (lagoons, pavilions, plantations, gardens and plenty of peacocks, goats, ducks, chickens roaming around.)

I came back totally rejuvenated & even lost 1% body fat.
My stomach is very sensitive & I tend to have constipation, indigestion, diahorrea, bloatedness very often. All symptoms miraculously gone for that few days probably because no meat (its acidic) & no dairy (i am abit lactose-intolerant).
I often have insomnia, sleeping problems then feeling tired during daytime. Over there, I sleep by 11pm as there's so many activities during the day and wake up at 7am naturally.
There's no TV but I hardly use the laptop I brought over (like half an hour or less daily).

Just go! You won't regret it.

Room Tip: I did not like the outdoor shower in the Palmera Suite as it can get chilly at night.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The moment you step into The Farm, you feel the serenity evolves around you. The nature that is surrounding you will immediately gives you the feeling of positive energy and a good vibe. I spent 9 days in The Farm, for a full detox & relaxing program. I've tried most of the treatments they offered. The service is astonishing and the management is down to earth and so energizing. In the first day I've been examined in the clinic and did some tests (including blood tests). These were to determine my toxicity levels and my program adjustments.

I've been Juice-fasting for 8 days and it was only possible with the help of the therapists and doctors who were always comforting and encouraging. I've lost 5kg in 9 days, 3 inch in my weist and feel great physically and mentally. I'm not grumpy, stressed, depressed or gassy anymore.

The Spa is one of (if not) the best spa I've been to; and I've been to many spas around the world. They are professional in every aspect. I had several spa treatments daily; and everyone is better than the other. There are no TVs in the rooms although I was offered one; but you wont need it if you want to get in touch with your inner self and enjoy the surroundings and walks around the farm. However there is WIFI almost everywhere around The Farm, but I encourage your to check your email as less often as possible and not get dragged into the cyber world while you're in one of the best areas in the real world.

Finally, you have to put in mind that this is a health retreat, the food here is strictly vegan and with lots of healthy juices. Its not really that difficult to give up meat for few days, actually you'll feel better without it. Also, for first timers "colema" you have to have an open mind in order to benefit from this therapy as I did.

have a pleasant stay! :)

Room Tip: I recommend going Solo or a couple seeking the same goals out of The Farm.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Monther K
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 November 2012

After a 2 hr drive from Manila and driving through a narrow tree lined dirt road, we finally reached our destination...
THe Farm. I was expecting a country farm with ducks and chickens, cows and goats. Surprisingly, yes, we were greeted by a few figting cocks and ducks that wander about in the reception lobby. Just be careful that you don't step
on to their droppings.
The welcome was very Balinese. Greeted by warm friendly Filipinos serving natural coconut juices and cold towels on a tray. The stay are well trained and gives you a very nice feeling of being welcomed.
Is it a retreat? A resort? A "fat farm?" A spa ? A honeymoon getaway ?
It is everyone of the above mentioned.
Ideal for grown ups more than for children as people seek out this place to find calm and serenity amidst luxury.
Definitely for the "reclusive rich." Rooms are pricy for the Filipino budget.
If you want to be a "Howard Hughes" - this is the place to go.
The range of spa treatments is extensive. Choices between Aqua-related spa treatments, Chinese, Indian, European, Filipino"hilots."
Whoever dreamed up the list of treatments know their business and train the staff well. Many are able to explain and
provide very detailed information on the medical benefits of each treatment.
I was amazed at how they are able to replicate Bali in a little "bario" town called Lipa.

Age old coconut trees and mango trees plus all the man-made lakes reminds one of the Bali Hyatt in Sanur.

The resort is 10 years old, built from a partnership between a German and an Indian entrepreneur. Immaculately kept.
Currently they are operating with only 12 rooms and adding another 10 suites 'ala Bali style with private pools" by the end of the year.

When it comes to meals....this is one hotel that does not have a buffet offering. The menu is extensive but limited to
organic ingredients. No meats !
"Rabbit food" tastily prepared using tofu, greens, organic juices. I comment the local lady chef who runs the only restaurant in The Farm.

Access is a little bit difficult if you have to travel on a wheelchair. Cobbled stone walkways and hidden paths that leads you to very interesting hide-aways where one can escape from people, from the noise, from the stress of city living.
A good place to De-Stress !

Room Tip: All rooms on ground level spread out overlooking ponds, gardens, coconut groves, mango groves. Very...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank HenriettaHo
Urdaneta
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The place is perfect for people who love to escape the noise of the city!heavenly feeling! original fresh food serve....Variety of fresh salad was serve and some noodles base disches. I enjoy the food but my husband tend to look for meaty dish cause he is not more into vegetables. all the staffs from the front desk to restaurant are very polite

Room Tip: ask is you can bring food for your kiddooo.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank maureen f
Venice, California
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I just came back from a wonderful detox and relaxing weekend from The Farm. From the moment you meet get out of your car, you experience great service and just truly awesome and wonderful people. We had the chance to get to know Mike and Jennifer who managed the resort and I can honestly say they are one of the best resort managers and maybe down to earth people i've met.

The place is just beautiful and kept really pristine by the staff.

So just as a warning for anyone who has never been here nor has done the research about the place, this place is for serious health enthusiast or if you are open to what it brings then this is a good place for you to visit.

We came without any expectations and left loving the place because we embraced what it had to offer rather than see what it didn't offer.

They offer all kinds of spa services, healing services and lots of free activities such as yogas, power walks, flower arranging and cooking lessons.

The food is 100% vegan and to be honest it was quite hard for my partner since he had meat withdrawals :) ... I took advantage of the detox program which only served you juices. That was tough but i felt that it was necessary for me to cleanse me of every toxins i've accumulated through my 47 years. Their breakfast menu which comes with the package is probably the best of the meals we had!

BUT one thing for sure! IF the CHILI MARBLE PIE is in the menu. PLEASE ORDER IT!!! The BEST we have EVER had in our life!!!

Room Tip: The Zulu Terrace rooms have their bathrooms outside of the room and you need to go down the stairs w...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeeFoodie26
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Spent 2 days here as a birthday treat and I was astounded at the beauty of the place. As you enter, you truly feel as if you are somewhere else, detached from the noise of the outside world.

The accommodations are charming and appropriate to the theme of the place. Service staff are polite and proactive without being intrusive.

Finally, I am a die-hard meat eater but was pleasantly surprised by the flavor and filling-ness of the vegetarian meals at the restaurant.

Will definitely be back very soon!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Talisay
Pico Sands Hotel
Pico Sands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Nasugbu

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!