Let me start off by saying that I'm definitely not a vegetarian, let alone vegan, but I thought I'd try out The Farm for a bit of much needed r&r , as I had a friend who wanted to go. I was a bit concerned, after booking the holiday, when I realised that this place is not only vegan, but mainly raw food vegan at that! However, all my worries were put to rest within half an hour of arrival.
First, the place is beautiful in a very natural, peaceful way. It wasn't the fanciest resort I've ever stayed at, but it was definitely top quality. Arriving at 2pm we were just in time for a late lunch, which we learned is always a five course affair! As is dinner, though for breakfast they let you off with just 3 courses and a smoothie...... Everything was delicious, from the starter of zucchini hoummus on crackers, to the creamy garlic soup, salad with a lovely lemony dressing, and hearty curry main course. A dessert of Indian sweets and chai was rich and satisfying, but I was already too full to eat it. Basically, every meal we had there was good, as were the smoothies and hot chocolate (there are also a few cooked dishes, including some nice pastas). I read a review before that said the person was often left hungry, but for us, we found there was so much stuff we often had to skip a course or two at lunch. Knowing that all the food is healthy for you also took away any guilt from feeling too full after dessert!
There are a couple of pools at The Farm, my favourite being the one outside of the spa. Perhaps that's just because that was my favourite area to begin with! The spa rooms are beautiful, with glass walls overlooking ponds and foliage, outdoor tubs and open air showers (it's all very private too though!). The treatments were also good, though they didn't offer a wide variety of facials.
Yoga is offered twice a day, in a peaceful outdoor setting which definitely got my mornings off to a good start! There are a few other daily activities, such as pilates, cooking demonstrations, guided tours etc. We stayed in their most basic rooms, the Sulu Terraces, which were nice, but the bathroom and bedroom are on different floors, and in the dark you have to be careful going down the steep steps outside the room that lead to the toilet. Which is probably why they give guests flashlights. So for elderly people I'd recommend staying in a garden or palmera suite instead. However, I really enjoyed the more basic accomodation. The only thing I'd say is that the bed linens were a bit rough and weren't what I'd expect from an expensive spa.
The staff at The Farm are all very accomodating and friendly, and on our way to the airport, the driver realised the traffic was much worse than anticipated (plus we were running behiond schedule), so he phoned the hotel, and they checked us in on line, doing as much as they could to make sure we didn't miss our flight!
All in all, I'd say The farm is a very peaceful place, perfect for those who want to just get away from it all, but not if you're looking for a very action packed holiday. I think there is a golf course nearby that guests can go to though. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the experience, and am already thinking about when I can next go again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the Philippines’ Batangas hinterland, The Farm is likened to health nirvana. Choose between pool, garden or jungle-style accommodation before sampling our fresh, award-winning gourmet menu.Practice sunrise/sunset salutations at our lakeside amphitheatre or hit our well-equipped ‘jungle gym’. Our specialists administer complementary and integrative medical therapy within a serene environment and first-class facilities.We don’t do boot camps or subscribe to deprivation. Retreat to The Farm for nourishment and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Farm at San Benito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farm At San Benito Hotel Lipa City
- Farm At San Benito Batangas
- The Farm At San Benito Lipa City, Philippines - Batangas