Redwood Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Marina Puesta del Sol(Aposentillo)
Hotel Los Portales(Chinandega)
View Hotel
All reviewshorseback ridingclamscrab huntingair conditioninggreat hostshot waterother guestsbeach frontcrashing wavesmake you feel at homerocking chairsremote areathe entire resortoff the beaten pathgreat place to goboogie boardslocal village
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at RBR for a week and it was not long enough! The entire week was like a dream. The cabana view of the ocean in pictures does not do justice to what you see in real life, the ocean sand is clean and soft and the water is warm and knee length even when your 100 feet out! We had the whole beach front to ourselves for the entire week, the cabana was nice and cool at night with air conditioning and private bathroom. We stayed in cabana two that does not have hot water but I didn't miss it all; when I got home after the trip I continued to take cooler showers. Stacy and Mike were the best hosts ever, they treated us like family the entire time we were there. The first night we got in after midnight and Mike stayed up to welcome us with local beers and brats! The rest of the week we had fine dining with local meals and drinks that were delicious. We went kayaking, horse back riding through the wetlands, motorcycling, and moro hunting. Its hard for me to pick which adventure tour was the best because they were all so personal and special. Moro hunting (crab hunting) was so exciting I couldn't stop myself from screaming when you run after the crab and grab it with your bare hands. Stacy and Mike not only planned all of our tours but also drove us into Chinendega where we got to experience the local culture. The entire trip was the memory of a lifetime, we are actually now planning our wedding there! I recommend Redwood Beach Resort without reserve, it is a trip you will not be sorry you took and I promise once you go, you will want to go back SOON!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We had a fun time at Redwood Beach Resort. The beach is gorgeous -- it seemed to go on forever. And the resort itself is beautiful. Our cabin was very comfortable and pretty luxurious -- tv, hot water, very comfortable bed, etc. and of course, amazing view! the pristine beach is right outside your doorstep, as is a hammock (on your porch) and a reclining lounge chair or "day bed", good for two, that is right on the sand under the coconut trees. we spent a lot of hours reading, napping and just enjoying the beautiful breeze on these day beds, which is exactly what we were looking for.

Every meal we had was awesome. As was dessert -- Stacey made a fresh mango sorbet one night and it was absolutely delicious. Mike and Stacey are very friendly and entertaining hosts and will make you feel at home. They offered many activities such as horse back riding, fishing trips, etc. however we were quite content with just chilling and relaxing on the resort :)

Don't forget to check out their "hammock theatre". All we wanted to do on our vacation was chill out and hammock all day so this setup they had was pretty neat for us -- great movie selection, hammocks, and popcorn.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My daughter and I visited April 15-18 and were instantly happy we chose this resort instead of a more congested, overly commercialized one closer to Managua. Nestled near a tiny, quaint fishing village Redwood Beach Resort exceeded our expectations and really measures up to the wonderful reviews others have already posted on this site. Comfortable, clean private cabanas, with lush tropical foliage only steps away from a large, secluded beach. They have terrific excursions to occupy the adventurer and lots of shady hammocks for those who really just came to unwind. Not to mention the wonderful fresh seafood and Stacy’s “custom” creations, which were just perfect for my vegetarian daughter. If you are looking for a slice of paradise off the beaten path…you will not be disappointed with Redwood Beach Resort and the delightful hospitality Mike and Stacy provide!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This location was ideal for our family of 4. We were there for 6 days and managed to get in a wide variety of the activities. The fishing from the panga was a blast with an excellent captain. Exploring the Parde Ramos estuary is also a must do. Getting to and from RBR is a fun part of the adventure, and getting off the beaten track is very worthwhile.
We stayed in palapa 3 for most of the time and upgraded to the 'house' the last 2 nights. The palapa was fine, but with 4 of us the house was really nice and is what we should have chosen from the start.
A big thanks to Mike and Stacey for going out of their way to making our stay really wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My 8-year old daughter and I spend three days at RBR at the recommendation of my family who have visited a number of times. The resort, hosts Stacey and Mike, and the surrounding beach exceeded our expectations. I was unsure if there would be enough activities to entertain my daughter, but between the beach, exploring the cliffs down the beach, catching crabs, and feeding Don Guido (the onsite parrot!), she was always busy and loved every minute. Stacey and Mike were excellent and always available to attend to whatever needs we had and full of entertaining stories. The food was fresh and excellent, the cabins very clean and quiet, and the other guests were a joy to get to know. We will definitely be returning and strongly recommend to anyone who is looking for true peach and quiet at an authentic beach resort.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family