I made it first time to Chinandega and stayed 5 nights at Redwood Beach Resort. Stacy and Mike are great host and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Food was always excellent I really like the fresh fish witch local fisherman catches every day. The cabanas are rustic but have comfortable beds and air condition which i didn’t need at all.
They organized for me two tours a hike to Cosinguina Vulcan where you have a great view to neighbor countries Honduras and El Salvador y also made a tour into the Mangrove swamp of the Nature Reserve Padre Ramos which is just 6 km from the Hotel away. The kayak tour was nice and I saw a lot of birds…there are also crocodiles and turtles around which I have not seen on my excursions. I also made a excursion to Flor de Cana Factory in Chichigalpa which produces one of the finest rums in the world.
The Hotel is very remote about one hour from Chinandega and the last 13 km are on a dirt road but even in October where should be the heaviest rainfall I could easy pass without 4 wheel drive. The Hotel is in a tiny little Fishing Village called Mechapa a few hundred locals live there. The Hotel is on a 18 km long shallow wide beach and you can walk for hours without seeing other people it’s the only hotel on this beach and there is maybe a handful of houses right on the beach…So you have the entire beach for yourself.
During one of the excursion my car broke down in the middle of nowhere as we could not fix it there we called Mike and he tow my car to the hotel without charging me.. He was so helpful and called a mechanic from Chinandega to check my car as they could not find the problem they tow the car to Chinandega where they fixed the problem.
If you like to go away from the touristy places in the south of Nicaragua I would highly recommend the North and Chinandega which has beautiful empty beaches, Volcanoes, Mangrove Swamp Reserves and much more to see.
I had a wonderful stay at Redwood Beach Resort and it was very safe and I will go back for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Redwood Beach Resort is located on the beach in Mechapa, Nicaragua. Each of our beautiful villas have a large private bathroom, private balcony, air conditioning, and a breathtaking view of a secluded, clean, and safe beach. Our oceanfront restaurant serves fresh seafood dishes and international cuisine. We offer the Mechapa Papa All-Inclusive Tour. The resort also offers adventure tour packages and activities, including ocean fishing, kayaking the Estero Padre Ramos, horseback riding, tours of the Volcano Cosiguina, motorcycle and quadcycle rentals, and more. Truly a Hidden Paradise! Our passion is customizing your vacation stay so that you leave with incredible memories and an unforgettable trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Redwood Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Redwood Beach Hotel Mechapa
- Redwood Beach Resort Nicaragua/Mechapa