Chapelburn House
US$140
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014

One of the best, if not the best, B&B we've ever slept. Spotless clean, warm and cosy. If you're looking for a quiet place to stay, that's the place! And the breakfast is delicious; I'm not an English brealfast fan, but the sausage-bacon-mushrooms-tomatoes I had here were the best ever! Moreover, Matt is a great guest and we really enjoyed chatting with him. and he gave us great suggestions for where to dine.
PS: a curiosity, the washbasin has a mixer that actually mixes hot and cold waters; another premier in our UK experience :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MateoMara
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Chapelburn House is the perfect restorative following a tromp along Hadrian's Wall. Nothing was too much trouble and Matt created an ambience which was the perfect blend of professionalism and friendliness, helpful but never intrusive. It was a bonus having a sitting room and garden room in which to relax whilst waiting for the most amazing food. I didn't have the heart to tell him I did not eat beef but got stuck into the fillet steak and ate every scrap - it was the most tender piece of meat I have ever eaten! (I dare say that when our friend booked both available rooms, he was asked any dietary preferences and did not think it worth mentioning my beef aversion). The mattresses were incredibly comfortable as were the goose down pillows. Our bathroom was the larger of the 2 and you could have had a tea dance in there!! It is such a pity that our planned walk only allowed 1 night there - it was wonderful and restored my faith in B+Bs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 453Elaine53
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a great stay here before walking for 3 days on the Wall. It's a family affair and the rooms are well presented. The food is truly excellent-Matt trained as a chef and it shows! The sourcing of local food makes this place a boutique B&B if there is such a thing. Fantastic place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here with my Mum while walking Hadrians wall. Matt was amazingly kind and picked us up from our walk and dropped us off again in the morning. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. The house was so comfortable and Matts food was amazing.

I plan to be back at some point soon with my husband ( and without the dog!)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at Chapelburn House last week and we can't stop raving about it! We were supposed to return from walking Hadrian's Wall with tales of Roman achievement but all we can talk about is the amazing Chapelburn House!
Everything was perfect - I didn't stop smiling from the moment we arrived. Welcoming hosts, enviable decor, idyllic surroundings and delicious 5 star food. I wish we could have stayed for longer and I very much hope we will be back again soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple