“Bowyer House”

Bowyer House
Warsaw, Poland
“Bowyer House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed in that hotel for a week in February. Price was excellent 7 euro, small breakfast included. Location is great - near Hypogeum and Tarxien Temples. Bus stop near hotel, only 20 minuts to Victoria. I recomend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paweł R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

I am a costumer who stay at your hotel for one night between 05,May, 2013 and 06,May,2013. I have used the www.hostelworld.com and booked one double room at bowyer House, malta.

Here i would like to give you guys a discription about what happened during and after my staying at this hotel (basing on the time):

1. I have to wait 20 minitues until called the staff at bowyer House to make the check-in.

2. Room is large (the only Good Point). My room located near lobby and reception, but only weak wifi Signal can be found in my room.

3. In the evening of 05.May 2013. I have asked one collegue in the bowyer house to arrange the taxi transport at 06.May.2013 05:15 to the luca airport. The taxi driver is Paul and he has a Cooperation with this hotel. I have emphasised my plane departs at 6:00 in the morning so he must be on time. The taxi fee is 12 Euro to the airport, i know this from three sources: 1) from the blackboard in the walll, 2) from the note at reception, 3) from asking one collegue on duty (female, between 20-30 ages)

4. In the night of 05.May, we don't have any hot water, either to wash the hands or take a bath. I have asked the staffs there several times, normaly you have to call them and then they will show up. In the end, it turned out to be useless.

So, what following happend in the morning of 06.May.2013 really hurt me and make me doubt whether this hotel and the driver paul supposely want to cheat me, a foreign tourist:

1. When i get to the front door at 5:10 in the following day Morning. I have wait about 20 Minutes until 5:30 to see Mr. Paul. I can meet him and his "taxi" so "early" because i called his number and waked him and his wife from sleep, or i have to wait there untill i miss the plane.

2. After i got the airport, Mr. paul and his wife ask me 34 Euros. He and his wife told me the 12 Euro in the blackbord is for one person and i don't know where the other 10 Euro coming from. After my rejection they decide to charge me 20 Euro and did not give me a receipt.

Notes:

1. Why bowyer house and the taxi driver didn't told me before? The taxi transportation service has been given by the hotel and the taxi driver together. At least the staff at bowyer house has gave me the totally wrong informations from , both about time and prices.

2. Why Mr. Paul can charge me nearly tripple money without receipt even it is me who have waked him from the sleep. And the maxium taxi fee from Valetta to airport is only 20 euro (bowyer House is located only 2.9km to the airport)

I have travel around the europe and no kind of things have happened to me in my life before. I will disccuse with this hotel about their opinions about those things happen on me.

Alex

Germany 07.May. 2013

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank Chen Y

Travellers are raving about these Tarxien hotels

Cork, Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago. You can't beat the price of 20 Euros for a room -- and the staff is friendly and helpful as well. It is located in the small and comfortable village of Tarxien. I found it easy enough to take a bus to anywhere on the island. I warn you to watch out for the oily pastries at the pastry shops in the area. I swear I gained a stone, but it was well worth it. I definitely plan to stay here again when I go back to Malta, but I'm going to try to eat less pastries -- maybe.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank D_W_C_II
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

The location is great but a little hard to find. It is the closest hotel to the airport. I found the staff to be very friendly and knowledgeable of the island, even tho they were not Maltese. The rooms were surprisingly big and had en suite. The breakfast was average, but the atmosphere was very nice. It had a nice courtyard where the workers invited me to a BBQ. It was a great experience, and I would come back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Drpablo1980
Lviv, L'vivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

I was in this hostel two week ago.Really cheep and hostel,friendly personal.Really good idea for traveler who have not many money...I slept in the good room in good place and meet god people in this hostel.I paid only 20 euro for room

Room Tip: I live in second floor
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Marjan K
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Arrival in the night. In the reception they do not know where hotel is and can not help on the phone.... Upon final arrival payment in advance.... So you do not escape during night... Nothing to drink and eat... Vending machines on all floors do not work.... Bedrooms with beds for max30 kg. we slept on floor put madras there.... Dirty...... No aircondition in room.... Some fans.... Woke in night electricity was turned of... Toilet not working properly...... in morning no people working and possibility to trow key in hole before leaving. Guess they are afraid to meet customers after night.

Had to choose hotel because all others fully booked. Well this hotel never will be... So last chance... Next time we prefer sleeping outdoor.....

Room Tip: Find other hotel far away. Sleep in car :)
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank ElenBL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Come visit if you want a stay in clean, comfortable, well-thought out accommodation. As good as many hotels, in a beautiful location, a quiet corner of town. close to bus route and local shops etc.
Joe will help you with places to visit, where to catch the bus, (5min walk) the local temples, and even picked me up from the airport late at night!
It's in a good location because buses go through town every 10 mins one way or another at 2.60e for the day you can see most of the island easily.
Also there is a lovely wine bar just up the road, il castello, you should visit, its beautiful old architecture.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Gisellette
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarxien
Hotel Phoenicia
The Palace
The Palace
#1 of 29 in Sliema
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,285 reviews

Been to Bowyer House? Share your experiences!