We booked a night at Bergendal as part of a Brownsberg tour thru Parbo based tour operator Orange Suriname.
The location in the rainforest at the banks of the Suriname river was superb. Accomodation in the "pre camp" was simple but good in small but clean rooms with AC and comfortable beds. Noi mosquitoes inside. Shower and WC in block but not en suite. Food was ok and beverages could be bought.
There was a small "Historical Hike" included in the stay and we paid 102 SRD each for an hour of kayaking on the river. Then we swam and just relaxes.
Staff was friendly and reliable, especially Sylva and a young black lady whose name I don't remember.
To our surprise there was good WiFi in public areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the banks of the Suriname River in the midst of the Amazon Rainforest, Bergendal offers you countless opportunities for revitalizing relaxation, adventurous activities and luxurious indulgence. Bergendal Eco & Cultural River Resort is a unique resort with 45 luxurious lodges along the river and on the hills and attracts tourists that are mainly interested in the natural, cultural and historical treasures of the area.The resort is characterized by quality service, well trained personnel and offers a restaurant, bar lounge, swimming pool, two piers, banquet and conference facilities and a convenient booking office capable of arranging travel plans, tours and activities of any nature. Bergendal Adventure Center is the ideal location for visitors in search of a fun-filled, physically active day. This unique new tourist attraction, the first of its kind in Suriname, provides visitors thrilling adventures such as the exciting Canopy zip line and kayak excursions. Bergendal aims to provide its guest with the best quality eco-cultural experience in an environment where good sustainable tourism practices are given top priority. Bergendal has received the international Travel Life Gold Certificate. This is the highest award for environmental friendly and sustainable tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bergendal Eco & Cultural River Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bergendal Eco & Cultural River Hotel Paramaribo
- Bergendal Eco And Cultural River Resort