“If only all B & Bs were like this one!”
Review of Brue House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruton
Brue House
Ranked #8 of 11 Bruton B&B and Inns
South West UK
“If only all B & Bs were like this one!”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Needed a place to spend the night while my flat was being painted, and rang Brue House first because I had heard so many good things about them - and I'm happy to add more compliments! My room was one of two in a converted pottery barn across the road from the owners' house - a beautiful room with an ensuite shower, a very comfortable bed and shelves of books. It was freezing outside, but the heat had been turned on before I arrived so my room was toasty; and before I had even taken off my coat Mrs. Adlington was back with a jug of fresh milk in case I wanted some coffee or tea.I had a great night's sleep, and then went across the road for a breakfast that set me up for the whole day! There was cereal, yogurt, fruit, orange juice and a fantastic full English using local bacon and sausages which were absolutely delicious. A fantastic stay, and all for the great price of forty pounds - superb value! Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, and I'm happy to recommend the Brue House wholeheartedly...

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank blackdahlia

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed at Brue House in June as we were attending a near by wedding celebration.
We are a family of four with two teenage children
The facilities here were great.
A good sized room with ensuite.
Decor lovely.
Very clean.
Good variety of breakfast choice to suit all tastes and appetites.
Would stay again.
Excellent value for money.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mcreynolds
London
Reviewed 27 September 2010

The Adlingtons were very welcoming and made our stay as pleasant as possible (we were attending a wedding at fairly near-by Gant's Mill, thrown by gregarious wine enthusiasts) and they offered to drive us to pick up the car the morning after which was appreciated.

They were also very nice about breakfast the next day when we'd stumbled blearily from our beds long after they might, quite reasonably, have closed the kitchen, and made us a bacon sandwich with their excellent smoked bacon.

I suspect if we'd been given the opportunity we'd have clung to our beds for another few hours, but they needed them back, so we were gently chivvied at 10.

Home-made shortbread was a welcome touch, and the fact that you stay in a converted building over the lane means you don't need to worry about coming home late.

The room may have had slightly flimsy furniture, and instead of a bath there was a not-hugely powerful shower, but the room was big, the beds comfy and our hosts were genial.

I'd recommend the Sun Inn down the road for a convivial afternoon watching cricket with friendly locals, and At The Chapel over the road for some very good food and wine.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 29 June 2009

This b&b is in what used to be a pottery. It was nicely done up inside but very dark and there was no outside space to sit in, as it is directly alongside a road leading into a doctor's surgery gates. I would therefore not give it unqualified recommendation for leisure, although it is well situated in the charming and interesting little town of Bruton. They say that most of their customers are business people or people attending for weddings, etc. and I would say it is ideal for this, as the 2 rooms are comfortable and well decorated, and the breakfast (in the conservatory of the owner's house oppose) is delicious with all kinds of nice stuff. The owners are artistic people and were helpful and friendly to us

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Reflectorgo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bruton
George Hotel
#4 of 11 in Bruton
Oak House
Oak House
#3 of 11 in Bruton

Been to Brue House? Share your experiences!