“Perfect rooms!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Bruton B&B and Inns
Santo Tirso, Portugal
“Perfect rooms!”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Excellent location, good sized rooms and quite surroundings.
Well cleaned and fulfilling all your requests (like a baby cot).
The only remark would be to increase the breakfast period and the check-out time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Myself, my partner and 4 friends stayed at The Oak House in late May 2013 as we were attending a friends wedding in Stourhead. Denise was very welcoming when we arrived, she was friendly and helpful throughout our stay and the B&B itself exceeded our expectations. It was modern yet it still had the charm of an old country English B&B. The breakfast buffet was delicious and catered for our pre-wedding need for healthy food and post wedding fry up. I would recommend The Oak House to anyone, couples, families and small groups of friends as it would be perfect for all.

Overall we were all very happy with our stay and staying at The Oak House made the wedding weekend that little bit more special.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laura M
Bruton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The quality of the Oak House is second to none and I cannot praise Martin and Denise enough for their generous hospitality and attention to detail. My family and I have now enjoyed staying at the Oak House on three occasions and every single time it has been a wonderful experience - its like being part of Martin and Denise's family. Children are welcomed with open arms (ours are 5 and 3) and are allowed full run of the place, the rooms are immaculate and breakfast is a feast to behold with all produce sourced locally. The rooms are spacious and comfortable; tastefully decorated with complimentary WiFi, Earl Grey tea and luxury toiletries. The Oak House is more than a B&B and I would thoroughly recommend anyone coming to beautiful Bruton to make this their place of choice. In fact I am staying there again this weekend and looking forward to it!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Surrey
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My wife and 3 kids, along with other extended family booked all the rooms at Oak House for a wedding in the area on Easter 2013 weekend. Not having stayed in a B&B for some time I was not expecting such comfort and wonderful hospitality. The welcome was warm and genuine, the breakfast (local cold meats, cheeses, breads, cereals, yogurts, smoked salmon etc.) catered for everybody's tastes and appetites and the rooms were done to a very high standard ; giving it a boutique hotel feel. The building is an old pub and there may original features on display. Location wise it was central to the pubs and restaurants and Bruton itself is a real gem of a village.
The self contained flat upstairs was the base for the family and was kitted out to a high standard with fully fitted kitchen, TV and comfortable furniture. Cost wise it is much better value than a hotel and I would recommend anybody to stay here for a romantic weekend, family gathering or a getaway with friends. Thank you very much to the owners for being such great hosts and I hope to see you again in the future.

Room Tip: All of the room were fantastic - I would also recommend to check with the owners what catering can b...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Uffculme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I travel regularly in the South West and found Oak House when looking for accommodation near a local appointment. Booking was conducted by an initial request e-mail and then telephone and details of parking, access, breakfast, wi-fi, emergency contact and even how the bathroom taps work was provided as an attachement to a confirmation e-mail. My access on arrival was painless and I was allowed to settle and relax with no further fomalities which suited my needs on that evening.
The room was decorated, lit and equipped to a very high standard and the little touches made all the difference to a lone and weary traveller. I had warm towels, confectionary in a Kilner jar, good tea and coffee (and hot chocolate which I took home for my daughter) and really nice complimentary soaps and lotions.
Sleep quality was good, even though my window was on a road. I enjoyed a very good continental breakfast, effortless conversation and a painless check out procedure. I would whole heartedly recommend Oak House.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Surrey
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Delighted to have stayed at this lovely little B&B on 9 Feb. This tied in with a fabulous Tapas and wine matching dinner held on property and which I'd also thoroughly recommend.
The standard of accommodation was very good, spacious enough and beautifully appointed. The welcome amenity of homemade cookies was delicious and it's always great to have tea and coffee making facilities!
The large walk-in shower was particularly appreciated.
The hosts were extremely welcoming and breakfast, whilst mostly a self service/buffet style, offered plenty of choice. Being totally honest, I missed the option of a cooked breakfast but that's only because it's such a treat when someone else does it!

I would heartily recommend Oak House and look out for their events too!

• Stayed February 2013
West Bromwich
Reviewed 22 January 2013

What a wonderful place to stay, it is truely perfection and excellent in every way. The breakfast was really healthy and with a wide selection to choose from. The hosts are friendly and so welcoming and have everything pitched at just the right level. We stayed in the fabulous Brue room which was superb and there was nothing to fault and believe me I am very particular and at times rather picky. However there was just one thing that disappointed my husband and I and that was the fact that we could not stay longer, but we will definitely be going back and that cannot come soon enough. Our stay at this fine establishment made visiting family in the area and celebrating the birth of our second grandchild even more special.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bruton
George Hotel
#1 of 7 in Wincanton
Blue Ball
Blue Ball
#4 of 11 in Bruton

Been to Oak House? Share your experiences!