Primrose House
US$107
US$107
US$104
Priceline
Premier Inn Wells (Somerset)(Wells)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
US$99
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Horse Pond Inn(Castle Cary)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdevi helenstunning viewsbreakfast was deliciousmade us feelhighest standardfeel so welcomefantastic hostsplenty of choicea wonderful nights sleeplarge choicegenuinely lovely peoplebe booking againfour poster bednearby weddingquiet locationwonderful dayssurrounding countryside
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here for the Glastonbury festival weekend, we were so pleased to find Primrose House AND the fact that the rooms etc are exactly as the website shows which doesn’t normally happen in my experience.

The stunning views and peaceful location made for a perfect retreat, Devi and Helen were so open and friendly, we can only say it is the best B&B experience we’ve had anywhere and genuinely would highly recommend a visit if you are in this great part of the country side.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cranmore room, everything you needed was here!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Devindar, Owner at Primrose House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Hi Mathew,

Thanks, you guys were great fun and I felt jealous that we didn't go to the Glastonbury festival ourselves, but someone had to cook the breakfasts!! I hope you are well and recovered by now!

Kind regards Devi & Helen

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Hidden away near Bruton, is a true hidden gem. The standard of the room was amazing, the care we recieved was excellent! The best breakfast ever. I would strongly recomend that you try this bed and breakfast if you are in the beautiful somerset countryside! Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Joanna,

Thanks so much for your kind words, it was a pleasure looking after your parents, we had a good laugh and that goes a long way to a good experience, maybe we will see you again!

very kind regards Devi & Helen

Reviewed 3 July 2013

My partner & I were caught short for somewhere to stay around Bruton and came across Primrose House on TripAdvisor. Devi and Helen were very kind at short notice to let us stay for a couple of nights. What a surprise to find this little gem (not so little!) which comes complete with Gym AND spa therapy treatments from Helen. Breakfast was great, as was the rooms and hospitality! I could go on, but there is so much to say, so if you're thinking of somewhere to stay in and around Bruton then look no further! I'm glad I stumbled upon Primrose House, thank you Devi & Helen, I'll definitely be back when in the area again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Alfred room, very spacious and splendid with a bathroom to die for, bath AND shower! Also great views!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi J,

We were happy to be of service to you! I am sure we will see you again as you are most welcome!

kind regards, Devi & Helen

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I recently spent this last weekend at Primrose house during Glastonbury festival and couldn't recommend the place more.
Not only was it very clean and very relaxing - the breakfast in the morning was delicious and the owners of the house were very charming and kind and made you feel really at home.
I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Hi L0nd0nt0la,

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated and thanks again for coming in, in the early hours quietly!! we never heard a thing!

Kind Regards

Devi and Helen x

Reviewed 11 June 2013

When my Grandmother and my Parents came to visit me they stayed in this treasure of a B&B.
Even though I wasn't a official guest, Devi and Helen made me feel genuinely welcome and even invited me to have one of their superb breakfasts with fresh fruits, pain o chocolat, a huge variety of cereals and a full english breakfast.
As we were quite a lot, they invited us in the evenings to sit in their comfy sitting area. But even without the sofas downstairs the rooms were big enough to have visitors or enjoy an relaxing afternoon by reading a book in one of the luxurious armchairs or just enjoy the view at the wonderful spacious garden of Primrose House.
The Bathroom was huge as well, with a shower and a bathtub.
The Beds were very soft, for people with back problems maybe a little too soft.
In the end, the difference from "Very Good" to "Excellent" made Helen and Devi who made us feel welcome and homely, their hospitality and interest in their guests is unique.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MissKatie2013
Devindar, Owner at Primrose House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Katharina,

Thank you very much for your valued review, it was a pleasure meeting you all and we were very happy to look after your family during their visit to the UK. You are most welcome
Kind regards Devi and Helen