Primrose House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
George Hotel(Castle Cary)
Toprooms.com
US$138
US$134
Priceline
Premier Inn Wells (Somerset)(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$103
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
US$141
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdevi helenstunning viewsb bbreakfast was deliciousmade us feelhighest standardfeel so welcomefantastic hostsplenty of choicea wonderful nights sleeplarge choicegenuinely lovely peoplebe booking againfour poster bednearby weddingquiet locationwonderful days
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2013

After having spent two glorious nights at The Primrose House, I can honestly say that our experience could not have been any better. Owners Devi and Helen are superb hosts. The home - new by UK standards - is beautiful inside and perfectly manicured outside. Breakfasts were delicious.

Sometimes when Trip Advisor reviews seem over-the-top in praise of a venue, one might wonder about their authenticity, but believe me when I say that everyone's correct. If you're looking for a flawless B 'n B experience, do consider Primrose House.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GuntownBob
Devindar, Owner at Primrose House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Hello GintownBob,

Thank you very much for your very kind review! It was a great pleasure looking after you. We always strive to be excellent and when we continue to have lovely people staying with us, it just becomes so easy to serve and assist you in any way that makes your stay more enjoyable. We would love to see you again, and take care in the meantime.

Very kind regards

Devi and Helen

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I went to Primrose house this morning after a 4 mile walk, Helen was very welcoming and led me through to her treatment room which smelt gorgeously of incense and candles. She left me there to get ready and when she returned she explained how she uses the lava shells . She rubbed lovely smelling oil on my arm and then proceeded to massage it with the lava shells. It was absolutely fabulous , the shells are so warm and run smoothly over your skin . I loved it particularly the attention she gave my knees and she ended up with my back which was just divine . I felt so relaxed and refreshed and can't wait to have another one. Thank you Helen

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Wow, I am overwhelmed at how good my massage was when I came to primrose house. I've never been so relaxed! Beautiful music, candlelight and Helen was so professional and fantastic-she knew exactly when she was doing and more. Completely amazed and so so relaxed! Thank you so much Helen x

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at Primrose House following a mix up with a booking at another B & B and 100% landed on our feet. Having travelled for 2 hours, Devi and Helen were taking a break for the weekend but on hearing of our plight ( no room at the other Inn) set up our room and welcomed us with open arms. Tea on arrival, a listening and sympathetic ear and a great sense of humour. Our room was absolutely beautiful - modern and elegant with a large and very comfortable bed, huge bathroom with both shower and bath,lovely finishing touches like candles all around the bath, big bottles of bubble bath, huge fluffy towels and lovely tea and coffee facilities in the room. Nothing was too much trouble and Devi willingly drove us down into Bruton to meet friends that night to go to a ball and the next morning to meet the RAC at our car which had also broken down. A wonderful full English breakfast the next morning, home made toast, fresh fruit, yoghurts and fresh tea and coffee really helped us to get over the hassles and enjoy our stay in Bruton. To boot the house is based at the top of a hill with the most amazing views over the surrounding beautiful countryside. We felt very lucky to have landed with Helen and Devi and didn't use all the facilities they have on offer (Helen does massages etc and they have a gym too). This is not just a treat to put your head down if visiting for a ball / wedding but somewhere to be pampered and enjoy as a destination in its own right. We will be back ! Thank you so much.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at Primrose House for a wedding weekend. We were in the large, four-poster bed room, which was really lovely - lots of space, nicely furnished, gorgeous bathroom. The owners are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is delicious. The house is set in beautiful grounds with a stunning view. It's located just outside the main area of Bruton - about a 5 minute drive away. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel